blusher veil: yes or no?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
blusher veil: yes or no?
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 2:45 AM

I have already purchased my dress, and veil... but will be going back very soon- and am considering getting a blusher veil to add to my veil.. (I had forgotten entirely about a blusher veil.) I really would like to have one, but am wondering what my options for hairstyles are then.. and if they are limited by wearing the blusher veil. Has anyone that has gotten married worn one? Yes or No??!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

DalCowboysBride83 Posts : 5 Registered: 5/29/07
Re: blusher veil: yes or no?
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This may be a dumb question, but what is a blusher veil?

cantw8 Posts : 91 Registered: 6/26/07
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm wearing a blusher veil...ONLY b/c my FH wants me to. But my hair stylist said that I can still have the hair style that I want (half updo and some down).  I think you can still do just about whatever hairstyle you want.  Hopefully this helps.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Blusher veils are worn by first-time brides only, and even then not always.

If you're a second-time bride, it isn't appropriate.

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

alyssa Posts : 239 Registered: 11/20/06
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i had a blusher veil with an updo, it was no problem.

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: alyssa

I have a question....My veil has alot of detail to it, like sequins down the trim would a blusher veil be ok to add to mine???

Until I become Mrs. Whitehead
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 12:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sure, as long as it's very simple - no fancy detailing, it'll detract from your other veil.

Good luck!

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 1:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think an updo would be great with a blusher. I dont think it really matters that much, it just depends on where the veil is actually set in on your head. I LOVE the idea of blushers though. Every time I think about my dad lifting it over my head before he gives me away I get teary!!

MissyF Posts : 275 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Depending on at what point your blusher will be raised (by your dad at the end of the aisle or by your MOH before the kiss), and on whether you're using a unity candle or will have other open flame present, I would be careful about a blusher.... my mother nearly went up in flames at her wedding, and she has the singed hole in the blusher to prove it!!!
Woman to my man. Slave to my budget.

DennaAllred Posts : 62 Registered: 10/6/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got scamed into buying my blusher. The consultant at davids bridal was very intimadating. I had already thought that my veil could come over my face but I guess not. anyway blusher veils are very cheep and if you do buy it and change your mind then you could always have the flowergirl were it. just something I wanted to add. lol hope it turns out alright for you.

JakeMyLove

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: DennaAllred

Beth- I noticed your countdown. Are you getting married May 24th!? I think so! My countdown I believe says the same thing!! haha that's cool!! :) Coming up sooon!!!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

KenzieGirl Posts : 3 Registered: 12/14/07
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You can do an updo with a blusher! Pretty much any style you'd been thinking of will look fine with a blusher veil. Have fun with it!

And on behalf of the Lollypop Guild, we'd like to welcome you to Munchkinland!

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: KenzieGirl

yes, I love them very romantic! I had one a wore my hair half up half down, IMO they look GREAT!

I became a MRS...11/3/07!

When is my wedding

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Beth,

As long as it's not too busy and doesn't obscure your vision, I'd say go for detail in your blusher -I used a shorter version of my embroidered cathedral length veil for my blusher, and then wore just the "blusher" for the reception. 

It turned out great, and was my favorite part of what I wore -you can see the embroidery of the blusher along my arm in the pic below:

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine