NWR Celebrities you can't stand!

Online Users: 1,263 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 97

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Re: NWR Celebrities you can't stand!
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: Nichole3

About Victoria Beckham: She's another I can't stand but forgot to mention.
Ama, that's weird, because I watched one episode of that reality show of hers (that ''Coming to America'' one), and she DID act like a total bitch in it! She was snotty to people, when she got her U.S. driver's license, she acted like they had to have her signature for it just because they wanted her autograph, and was really rude and mean to her assistant. Maybe she did a total 180 after that episode or something, lol. She also did mention that she won't smile when her picture is being taken, which explains why she always looks sour.
I don't care if someone is the most perfectly physically beautiful person on the planet, if they aren't nice to others, they are automatically unattractive to me.

I know A LOT of people will disagree with me, but I couldn't stand most of the people on ''Everybody Loves Raymond''. Every time I watch that show, it's just everybody bitching at everyone else the whole time. The weird thing is, I like some of the actors' other work, just not their parts on that show. So maybe that didn't count as a celebrity rant, lol. Oh well. 

~Michelle and Larry~ 

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Nichole3

oh man there are some many I hate that I don't know if I can remember them all. But first I just want to say I just feel bad for Brittney now. Seriously, everyone is taking advantage of that poor girl, she needs to go away for a few years and just live life out of the lime light. I agree with kimora lee simons, and a big reasons for that is that her neck is fat. I know that sounds horrible but every time I see her on tv I just stare at her neck and it grosses me out. Plus she is damn annoying. Paris needs to drop off the face of the planet. That taylor swift girl she can't f'ing sing. I heard her on a talk show and it sounds like crap. TomKat also need to drop off the face of the planet. Angie and Brand also need to drop off the face of the planet. Ann Hesh (sp?) so is so damn funny looking. If I ever meet Dr. Phil I am going to b*tch slap him for being so damn stupid and hypocritical. Kayne West needs to stop being so damn conceded and stop using the race card. It's not that your black that people don't like you it's cause your an ass. Tara Reed, Nicole Riche, any of those rich girls who are full of themselves but bring nothing to this world besides hot air need to just go away. Ok that is all I can remember right now. 

OopsieDaisy Posts : 28 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 2:03 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

I can't believe everyone hates all the celebs that drive me mad too! If we all hate them, how do they continue to end up on TV and in magazines?  Posh is top of my list of pointless celebrities like Paris, Britney, Tomkat (Ugh, I would rather read about slugs than those two) the totally vapid Kimora and my new least favorite: Nicholas Sarkozy.  You are the president of an important country, act like it.

I hate pointless celebrities, and then there are some that may have talent, but are just irritating.  Rachel Ray: take a sedative!  Get an accent coach!  SJP: Stop smirking!  Actually, just stop being on anything where I ever have to see you!  I can't bear to watch Hugh Grant or Scarlette Johannsen movies either.  I just want to shake him and say "learn to talk!" and dub over all her movies because her accent is so unpleasant.

Does anyone else find George W ughsome?  Even if you don't care about his policies one way or another, he is so freaky to watch.  It's like watching an chimpanzee talk, but not cute.  I switch the channel when he comes on the news.

Love does not consist of gazing into each other's eyes, but in looking forward in the same direction

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: OopsieDaisy

LOL Youre right about W looking like some sort of failed chimpanzee science experiment. And his constant SMIRK drives me insane. I want to smack him.

Pat OBrien from Access Hollywood annoys me. His voice is horrifically nasal ..it sounds like hes got all kinds of stuff stuck up inside his throat when he talks. Gross.

I dont like that chef Jamie Oliver on the Food Network. The young British guy... I think hes british. He always looks DIRTY tome, and so I find everything he cooks unappetizing. He looks unshowered, hair all askew, dirty fingernails, and just generally unkept. He has nasty looking teeth..and he comes across like hes on speed.

I HATE the Supernanny. That crap annoys me. "Im British... Ill make your children behave because you dont know how to parent! I will save the day!" What the hell is that? That dumb litle buggy car she rides up in like shes some sort of parent superhero.

I cant stand ANY of the "Desperate Housewives." Hate the show,hate the women on the show, hate the whole thing. I didnt ever think Id find another show that annoyed me more than Sex And the City did,but this one does. Ill stop now.

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

I'll have a FATTY SHMATTY PATTY: hold the FATTY!!!! BL4...This Time; It's Personal!!!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, my hero! I HATE HATE HATE Sex and The City and I thought I was the only one on the planet.  I tried watching it a couple times and all it sounded like was 4 women sitting around whining in their Manolos and sitting in a trendy bar I could NEVER afford to go to.  WHAT in the world is there to whine about!!! 
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

LOL AMA thats funny. I know.... all my female friends loooove that show and Im like "It sucks." I just hate everything about it really. I dont find it funny, entertaining,and all the characters are PHONY as hell to me. Especially Samantha... the "slutty" one. Who the hell talks like that? She has the weirdest voice and says the weirdest stuff. And yeah.. as far as where they hang out, eat, what they do in their spare time, NONE of that is in ANY way relatable to my life or ANYONE that I know for that matter. And I know its supposed to be tongue in cheek and funny and hip or whatever..but I just hate it. the whole thing FEELS phony to me, like they are reading a script, doesnt feel like any real conversation I have EVER heard in my entire life. Im glad I found someone else who hates it lol. Funny.

I'll have a FATTY SHMATTY PATTY: hold the FATTY!!!! BL4...This Time; It's Personal!!!

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

YAY! Im so happy we found each other!! Haha, ALL my female friends loved it and tried so hard to convert me.  But i stayed solid.  I even tried watching it on TBS once and DH was like, Oh you sold out!! But no I didnt b/c I was trying my hardest to figure out what the BIG DEAL was. Still havent...I just dont get how any of it is funny? You write a column for a magazine, LIVE in MANHATTAN, wear amazing clothes but there is still something to complain about??

Just wait til the movie comes out, I bet we can fill the entire hate thread about it!!

Daisypath Ticker

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I never every got that show. People raved and raved. I was like "ok, they all get laid all the time... and?" I never saw the big deal about it.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

As a Sex in the City fan (I've got every episode memorized and internally catalogued by outfit) let me make it's best defense:

Yup, it's phony, and no one talks like that, and I don't even think people really get laid like that and still retain a healthy sense of self.  It's 100% pure fantasy. 

Which is why I loved it.  It was like playing with pretty 30 year old barbie dolls on TV.  The pure whimy of the show is why I liked it so much.  But most of all, there had never been a representation before, and hasn't been one since, of female women in their 30s who chose a life other than getting married and having children.  The show made me feel like maybe I had other options in life other than husband and children, and I appreciated that, for what it was. 

Still, I understand why people dislike it so much.  And when I meet 12-14 year old girls who love it, I really worry about their futures. 

But since we're talking about things that everyone else loves but I hate, I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate the movie Crash.  Like, whenever I meet someone who mentions that they like that movie, I have to bite my tongue to keep from spouting off about why that movie is the most overrated piece of tripe ever.  And I don't care if it was nominated for an Oscar, or how many critics loved it.  That movie blows.

I could write a frickin' thesis on why that movie blows. 

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

And MrsD I totally GET all that about Sex and the City.. yet I still find it utterly annoying and horrible lol. Just not my thing,ya know? I know what they were going for,but personally, it did nothing for me except to annoy the crap out of me. Partof the problem is SJP just irritates me to no end. I cant stand her. And that freakin Samantha ... I seriously cant listen to that woman speak and she looks like a transexual to me. lol. Argh. So I guess even thouigh it was pure fantasy..that fantasy just didnt appeal to me in the slightest and in fact annoyed me lol. Maybe because im IN NYC and live here and I dont know one single solitary sole who is anything like that lol. I dont know... I could go on and on but I wont. lol.

oh and I TOTALLY agree with you on Crash. I think its a piece of shit too. lol. HATED IT.

Another celeb I dont like is Jamie Lee Curtis. I cant even really explain why, except that she comes across as soooo self important, pretentious, and ultra-serious all the time. She just really annoys me.

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Even though a lot of the celebrities you guys mentioned annoy the crap out of me too (SJP, Kimora, the Olsens. the Simpsons, Miley...etc), I am such a celebrity gossip junkie. I watch E! and read US weekly all the time. As long as these "stars"  have some talent, I don't mind them that much. I love watching red carpet events to see what they all are wearing.

What really gets me though, are celebrities that are famous only because they're rich. They can't sing, they can't act and they're dumber than dumb. Paris Hilton, Bai Ling and Nicole Richie top my list.

MsD and Kelley- I'm curious to know why you didn't like Crash. I thought it was good.

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 8:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Muffin,

Regarding hating the film CRASH, I suspect that MrsD will probably be better at explaining her reasons than I will mine; (shes just really good at that sort of thing, which is why whenever I read most of her posts, I think YES! Thats what I MEANT to say!), I will give it a shot.

In the simplest of terms, I hated the film because not one second of it felt REAL to me. Every scene, every character, every moment ... felt programmed, acted, and predetermined. The message about how we are all horrific hateful racist prejudice people is just THRUST into the audience at every turn; and then some more after that. The whole thing felt insincere to me ... the car accident where the two women automatically without a thought go right into hateful racist slurs to each other; the Canadian dude who obsesses over his carjackers .. I just thought the message they were TRYING to convey is such an important one; and in a sense, they didnt even get the message itself right,AND they butchered the way they delivered it. I hope that makes some sort of sense. It might not. It just felt phony, every minute of it.

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I just depise Amy Winehouse. Her makeup and hair are just hidious, and her singing sucks!

Posted: Feb 11, 2008 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

Jen, did you see the Grammy Awards last night? They were AWESOME. But the entire night, they kept giving Amy Winehouse awards,and she was in London ... but they were treating the whole thing as if she was some sort of ROYALTY or something. I dont get it. I dont HATE her,I guess Im more baffled and confused by the whole thing with her. Whats the deal? Why is the industry falling all over her every breath? THey kept saying "And coming up..the performance EVERYONES been waiting for from Amy Winehouse!!!" Okay, she was good, but there were about 5 other performances I can think of that weere WAY more of an EVENT than HER. Like Tina Turner for example. Amazing. Or theBeatles tribute. Anything... I just dont get it, am I missing something? As for her voice, its definately strange. Im a singer and I do like SOMETHING about her voice... I dont know what, it sort of grows on you,but I also hate it at the same time lol. Its weird. But I totally dont get what the big freakin deal about her is.

Gimme a FattyShmattyPatty...Hold the FATTY! BL4: This time; It's Personal!

Stay tuned for The Aisle Runner's official website ...COMING SOON!

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 11:45 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I did watch bits and pieces of it. I love Alicia Keys with the Frank Sinatra performance, and the Tina Turner one. Tina was so good! Hard to believe she's pushing 70!!! The Beatles tribute was awesome too.

I just think that Amy is nasty and I don't like her singing whatsoever.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine