Confessions

Online Users: 1,228 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5,855

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Confessions
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

MrsD your donut confession belongs in the Inspired thread...go tell your team LOL. Badgirl! Heres the lesson I have learned the hard way for the next time youre faced with this dilemma: Krispy Kreme donuts are ONLY delicious when they just come out of the oven,nice and warm,when the "light" is on at the store that they are FRESH. Otherwise, they really do suck.

Oh and thanks for the website on the political stuff.. I just put it into my favorites and will check it out for sure later on. And just for the record,  I actually HAVE heard some of his speeches but just mostly in pieces,and thats ALL I know about him is that hes an amazing speaker. He captures your attention, draws you in and has much charisma. But I havent really heard him talk about anything in particular except "Change... we need change." Hanet heard at ALL his ideas on what he means by that. Right now I really like Hilary and McCaine for diff. reasons,but I need to do more research on Obama.

WHT Im from Massachusetts originally so Ive been to Boston many times and MrsD is right. Just have an open mind...think of it as a new experience... theres nothing to be scared of,its just a new experience. Boston is a LOT less intimidating than some other cities like NYC for example...because Boston is a lot smaller,quaint, historical, and doesnt feel so overwhelming cuz everything is so spread out. Nyc hits you like a ton of bricks. I dont feel like Boston does that. Sure itll be a culture shock,but I think it will be a positive experience. Do you know what part of Boston youll be in and what will you be doing all summer while DH works? Just trying to give you some ideas of things to do there to keeo yourself busy....

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

I'll have a FATTY SHMATTY PATTY: hold the FATTY!!!! BL4...This Time; It's Personal!!!

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

MrsD~ I am trying to look at with an open mind but it's hard at the moment.

Kelley~ I don't know exactly where we will be living but they told us it would be outside the city though. I will be taking a couple classes online and I might get a part time job out there but I'm not sure on that one right now. I know thats not very helpful but thats all I know so far.

My confession for the day is that I hate one of my teachers. She wants us to write ten relfections through out the semester, not a problem, but she says she wants them to be our opinion and be crtical thinking but we can't write in first person. Does this make snes to anyone else. Maybe I'm dense but how am I suppose to state my opinion without saying "I"?

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWhtrse04

I confess that I think it would be fun if K-Lynn showed ''himself'' in here again.

MrsWhtrse, I totally don't get that. What, are you supposed to refer to yourself and your opinions in third person? Like, ''Mrs. Whtrse thinks that...'' ? lol 

~Michelle and Larry~ 

Posted: Feb 1, 2008 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Mjrose!!! I'm soooo sorry hon!

MrsDenunanniiiisasdjfasdi (I can't spell it!)  I'm gonna miss hangin around the boards too!  I will be back eventually to help y'all write those thank you notes to Auntie Smelda!

My confession, I haven't done much work here lately.  It's like, what are they gonna do...fire me?

~~~We Might Get Hitched...Eventually.~~~

"It's a marvelous night for a moondance."  Van Morrison

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My confession is that about a week after I met my FH I lost my virginity to the other guy I was seeing, and then the night after that FH and I went on our first date!! It was terrible, I told FH everything because we were making out and he went to touch me and I was like oh god it still hurts and had to burst everything out!

also, completely addicted to these boards and FH woudl kill me if he knew i actually posted!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 4:43 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWhtrse04

Mrs. Whtrse, Don't worry, Boston is one of the smallest "big cities" that there are. 

As a NYC transplant, here are a few things I learned:

-Expect to get lost.  Often.  There are NO street signs, and no street runs simply in a straight line.  This city was built before a grid system.  Yep, they were tracks and cowpaths.

-Don't expect people to be incredibly warm and friendly.  The people are nice, but they take a little while to warm up to you if you're new.

-Don't be afraid of the subway.  But do remember that it shuts down at 12:30 at night.  Heck, most of the city shuts down before that, so it's not a huge problem...

-Go out right now and buy the DK Eyewitness Guide to Boston.  It will get you familiarized with some of the history and areas and such, and will also give you a good idea of things you'll want to see while you're in the area.  Also, when you get lost, you'll be able to find a landmark and say "that's the Pru.  I'm headed towards Back Bay."

You'll be fine. 

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

ChristyEason Posts : 443 Registered: 11/6/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 5:57 AM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

I confess that I hate this up and down weather we have been having.  its cold, its warm, its cold, its cold, its warm.  Stop already, my body can't handle it anymore.  I can't get rid of this blasted cold if the weather keeps changing.  At least my sinuses have calmed down and I don't feel like my left eye is going to pop out from the preasure.

I also confess that my house has not been this clean in weeks and I still feel that it is not clean enough and it really never gets too bad, but I am a clean fanatic and so is FH.  I think it is the tile floors through out the house that gets the skid marks from the soles of shoes and it doesn't want to come up no matter how much bleach you use.

Another confession, I have really missed the forums the last few days while I was laying here in bed fighting the major sinus headache that just didn't seem would ever go away.  How has everyone been doing?  I missed you all.

Christy

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

Christy, to clean your tiles....make a paste of baking soda & water, then wipe in circles, the marks should come off.  Something that my mom told me to do years ago, I thought she was off her rocker, but guess what mom was right! 

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I confess:  on Friday afternoon, FH and I got into a serious discussion about our budget.  He's been maintaining this spreadsheet and asked me what the amount of my last paycheck was, so that he could enter it in.  I told him the dollar amount, but couldn't remember the pennies.  I told him that the cents weren't really important, as it's just a tracking spreadsheet, and he did not agree.

Three hours later, we went to Home Depot to get some paintbrushes for a spare bedroom we've been working on...and came home from Best Buy with a new LCD TV and Playstation 3.

I didn't feel buyer's remorse until this morning.

Message was edited by: SarahBeth11

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

My MIL doesn't know what I really do for a living.  She thinks I do telephone marketing.  The company I work for is actually called customer marketing, ha, but it's not surveys and things.  Let's just say I talk on the phone, a lot.  I make awesome money doing what I do, and my DH is totally cool with it.  I just dread the day she makes a surprise visit when I'm working.

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Astrogirl - are you saying what I think your saying????

SDIwifey1207 Posts : 346 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I confess that I can't stop crying because I can't find a good job. I have student loans to pay back and I worry about money like every hour of everyday. Does this ever end?!

* December 29th was the day my new life began & i couldnt be more happy! *

<3 Andy & Megan Eichel <3

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

Astrogirl- What exactly are you trying to say?

I confess that 3 months still seems like an eternity away but there is so much to do!!!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Astrogirl, did I just hang up on you during my dinner?  Or tell you to hold on for a sec and just leave the phone sitting on the counter?  Or ask you if you know Jesus?  Or ask you tons of questions and they tell you I've already got one?

LOL!  As long as it pays the bills, right?

Anyhoo..... my confession for the day...

I faked having an appointment to take my dog to the vet this afternoon so I can take a half day.

~~~We Might Get Hitched...Eventually.~~~

"It's a marvelous night for a moondance."  Van Morrison

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes Ladies, I am a PSO

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine