Are the people in your wedding party paying for their own attire???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23
Are the people in your wedding party paying for their own attire???
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 11:34 AM

I was just wondering if the attendants in your wedding party will be paying for their own attire... I know in my sisters wedding (I was a bridesmaid) we bought our own stuff... Thanks in advance! 

~Joleen... Loving fiance to Chad and wonderful mommy to Dominic. 

Re: Are the people in your wedding party paying for their own attire???
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just wanted to say that i was thinking about having my bm's pay for their stuff also. Because if u think about it u have so much other stuff to do and that would help u out alot. But if you think that you might fell bad about doing it like that, you can always go in half with them. Again it's just a suggestion.
Laughing Trust in the lord and all things are possible!

cantw8 Posts : 91 Registered: 6/26/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My attendants are paying for their own attire.  I purchased the dresses for my flower girl (b/c her mom is a BM and she has to purchase her dress so I didn't think it would be fair to have her pay for her dress and her daughter's dress). 

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Traditionally, attendants pay for their own dresses.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

JAllen Posts : 793 Registered: 9/1/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

My MOH is paying for herself, and her daughter is a jr. bm and her son is the ringbearer.  When we first talked about the wedding I was worried how I was going to bring it up to her, I knew that it would be hard for me to afford it, but she is a single mother of two! lol  But luckily she told me she was going to pay for all their stuff because she didn't want me worrying about having to pay.  But since then I've asked my little sister to be a bm also, and I'm pretty sure I will have to pay or at least help pay for her stuff.  She doesn't work, and my family is pretty unstable financially.  I'll probably have to buy my mom's outfit also, if I want her to dress up! lol  And the guys will be renting their own tuxes.  Good Luck!

http://www.mywedding.com/vanceandjammie/

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm paying for a %.  I felt it was wrong to make them pay for something they didn't get to pick out.  They are responsible for 3/4 cost of the dress, 1/2 alterations, and shoes.

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My BMs bought their own dresses.  The guys are just wearing suits.

-Ness

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My BM's paid for all of their dresses, and FH's parents paid for the tuxes.

When is my wedding

Invites Sent!

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My bridal party is paying for their dresses.
*Emy*

Bryan & Emy
October 4, 2008
Bride & Groom
www.mywedding.com/BryanAndMariaEmanuelasWedding

Krissy3781 Posts : 279 Registered: 3/21/07
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMaldonado

My BM's paid for their own dresses and alterations, if necessary. I tried to help them find good places for alterations, as well. I think that it's pretty much accepted that BM's pay for their own dresses (except for circumstances - money, mom with several children in the wedding, etc). I have paid for all of my own things (unless bride gives jewelry, etc which I did) for every wedding I have been in, and the number is getting up there.

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 7:59 AM Go to message in response to: Krissy3781

Originally my BMs were going to pay for their own, but my father decided to buy them. So we are paying for everything except for what the ushers are wearing (I will be buying their ties) and what the guest book attendant will be wearing!

My Mom wasn't like Thumper's mom in Bambi. She didn't teach me "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." My mom also was not like Forrest Gump's mom. She never taught me "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get." My mom was my mom and she taught me, "If someone ask for your opinion, give it to them. They may not like it, but they will get over it. There is no point in trying to always be the nice one because you are never going to please everyone." Yeah...I love my mom!!!

JayJ Posts : 1,080 Registered: 4/22/07
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

everyone in our wedding is paying for their own dress/tux.

www.MattAndJesy.com <3

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 9:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

The girls are paying for their own dresses but they don't have to pay for alteration my mom is a seamstress so she will be doing any alterations.  The girls are saving on that so...  The guys are renting their suits.
Until I marry my Rockstar!

Keion Posts : 8 Registered: 4/6/07
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

All of my attendents are paid for their dresses and shoes. I'm going to buy their accessories.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have paid for my bridesmaid's dresses and shoes. With each having their own circumstances (newly married, in medical school etc) My Mom and I discussed and thought it would be the best way for them to be able to be in the wedding.

I think you should do whatever you can for your attendants, but if you can't then don't feel badly.

www.myspace.com/tysmyboo

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine