Impatiently Waiting . . .

Online Users: 1,283 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
Impatiently Waiting . . .
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:08 PM

I'm sure you can all relate to me in regards to waiting for a proposal. I know the only thing I can do is wait and stop pondering over it, however as of right now it is consuming my mind.

I would just like some opinions on if my hunch is correct. My boyfriend and I have been together since August of 2005 and I am without a doubt 100 % sure he is the man for me. I also know he feels the same. He asked me to move in, and have been living together since February of 2007. I started noticing little things here and there over the past four or five months that are leading me to believe he is thinking of proposing. It started with him bringing up the subject of wouldn't it be nice if we bought a get away place together, to asking questions about what jewelry I like, to throwing out all of his old momentoes which included all things from his ex, etc.... Also, we just got back from a vacation in Vegas where we bought a time share together, which he initiated conversation of getting. When we got home he brought up the fact that now we have a time share, it would be great if we got both of our families together for a family vacation. His family lives in Arizona and mine in Boston. That to me was a big indicator, but I do not want to get my hopes up. We also recently redecorated our bedroom, and he has been talking about saving for our future, etc....

Again, I know all I can do is wait, because I definitely do not want to bring it up and possibly ruin a surprise.  

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

"We each have an equal purpose, whether that purpose is big or small, and mine is huge. But I have to choose to use that bigness. Nobody ever got anywhere by sitting around, right?" — Mattie Stepanek

2009ToBeMrsV Posts : 256 Registered: 12/30/07
Re: Impatiently Waiting . . .
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Rissanne, I know how nerve racking it could be wondering "when".  My fiance and I had talked out getting engaged and getting married before he proposed, plus we had looked at some rings together.  Even though I knew he was going to propose, not knowing when and wondering when can be crazy. 

The fact that you two are making some many steps forward together is a good sign, he is probably planning something behind the scenes.  Just be patient and know that it is coming :o)  He wouldn't be doing all that he is doing if he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with you.

Engaged: January 1, 2008
Getting Married: September 19, 2009

MaryAndBen0522 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/14/08
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Waiting is the worst thing ever, but its worth the wait in the end. My FH and I talked about marriage and we even bought a house together before we were engaged. The thing with my FH is he was just afraid of my reaction, not that he didn't think I would say yes, just that we are only 20 and he was making a huge step in his life and in our life together. It will come, he sounds like he would love nothing more than to marry you, give him time though, maybe he's testing you to make sure you want the same things he wants in life and that yes he can and absolutely will spend the rest of his life with you. It'll happen, don't worry. :-)

*Mary*

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;23/st/20100522/e/Our+Wedding/k/f875/event.png">>

NightfallenRain Posts : 120 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree, it's very difficult to wait when your gut says that he is going to ask.  I knew that my fiance was going to propose about seven months before he asked.  I cleaned out his car to be nice because it was very messy and found a receipt for the jewelry store in the backseat, lol.  A few months later, I found another receipt in his room while I was sitting on the bed ... it was right there in front of me and I never picked anything up.  He sort of found out that I knew he'd ask but I really didn't know exactly when.  I didn't push him because I knew it was eventually going to happen.  It was worth it when he finally did and I was VERY surprised.  Sorry this is so long ... my point is that persistent PATIENCE is worth it when the reward comes to you.  I was so elated and happy when he asked and I hope the same for you!  Good luck!

"The woman came from a man's rib.  Not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

it sounds like you have a great chance of becoming engaged, i don't know when but it could be on the way

MOST guys don't talk about the future and blending families unless they mean it!

also he said he wanted to buy a vacation place and he followed through, also a good sign.

by the sounds of it your hopes are already up.....let us know when he does pop the question!

good luck Smile

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you all for your responses, it is definitely helping me to relax!

Past heartache erased from memory
replaced with thoughts of you
Even in all the uncertainty
of tomorrow, I feel at peace
a calm resonates inside my heart
For you have given back to me
the joy I
had once found in today
In the wake of your smile
time stands still, I get lost in the moment
your eyes meet mine
light shades of blue
Radiate a warmth
reflected from your soul
dissolving my fears
So easily could I stay here
content to be
peacefully wrapped up
in solitude with you

BlushingBride03 Posts : 220 Registered: 7/15/06
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 7:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

ugh , I feel you! I know it's happening before the end of march, but I've known for like a year, and it's driving me NUTSSSSSS

Soon-to-be Mrs. S.Daisypath Ticker

XYZ1 Posts : 367 Registered: 1/7/08
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I'm in the same boat!  We've talked about it and decided that summer 2009 is the best time for us to get hitched.  He's talked to me about the ring (he wants to shop for it together) and even asked about what kind of proposals I think are romantic. 

But we're not officially engaged yet.  He's hinted that he's planning to ask me at the end of the semester.  (We're both grad students.)  I'm thrilled to know that he's thinking and planning for our future together, and that's definitely the most important thing.  But sometimes, June seems so far away! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine