NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL

Online Users: 1,344 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 555

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Re: NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sometimes the wait is far too long and the pain far too heart-wrenching - knowing that there is every possibility that they will never come home and there will not be a decent ending.

Thanks Ashley and Dustin's - and I am so sorry about your hope chest - I know just how you feel.

So, books - OBX, good to have ya here!! I have been listening to two for the dough -and thinking I just know I will be irritated by the different reader whe we get to the eighth book, lol - CJ Critt is just so good at the voices, ya know?

I am planning on making some decent headway into a good one this weekend, so I will report back later - still on the Stargate Atlantis binge, I do like it far better than most sci-fi stuff on the tube. And FH and I can watch it and not razz each other about the stupidity of the plot or characters, lol, as we do when we watch something only one of us really likes.

See y'all later!!

What if the hokey pokey really IS 

what it's all about? 

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

OMG we let this go all the way to page 3!!  AHHHH!!

What's up wormies?  Is no one reading these days??

I've gotten almost half way through The Dark Mirror.  I haven't been reading as much as usual, but the book is really good, and I'm getting into it more now, so it shouldn't take me long to finish it.

Where is everyone?  I can hear the crickets in here! lol

We can do it Loosing Our Asses!!  Let's kick some Fattie butt!

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

i havent been reading too much i am still listening to my books on audiobook...i just finished full speed and i am listening to full blast...AND i am reading The Stand y Stephen King which is actually kinda freakin me out because with all the internet talk of the bubonic plague im kinda freakin out!

alright i gotta go wormies...i will be back soon...bye bye

Ashley

BL4 is going to be fantabulous!!!!
Fattie Schmattie's - You dont know whats about to hit you! You think you can lose your ass? Sorry you are on the wrong team!!!
Lets Bring It Girls!
Sending Love to my Wormies!

"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions, small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great." - Mark Twain

(that was to my Brides.com friends)

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

So I recieved a PM from the moderators about our little thread here.   I answered them, and they called me this morning.

Apparently The New York Times is going to be writing an article about friendships developed online.  I think it's kind of interesting.

Just thought I'd check in with my wormies and see if anyone else has been contacted?  I'm kind of surprised they haven't talked to you yet Ashley, seeings how you started this fabulous thread.

On a side note, I don't know if any of the rest of you are into the Eragon series like I am, but the thrid book is finally going to be released on September 20!!  Woot woot, I can't wait!

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

grrr that makes me so irritated...why dont they want to talk to me...

Cry

oh well...i hope that all of you told them great things...and i wish this thread got more attention but i have been crazy busy and had alot of things to do so i havent been posting all that much...

alright talk to you all later on...

bye bye

Ashley

Fattie Schmattie's - You dont know whats about to hit you! You think you can lose your ass? Sorry you are on the wrong team!!!
Lets Bring It Girls!

"Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions, small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great." - Mark Twain

Posted: Jan 17, 2008 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

SuezyQ - If you get a chance, read the following Nicholas Sparks novels, they are very good - but a bit sad.

Suzanne's diary for Nicolas

and

Sam's Letters for Jennifer

I cried through both books, but I'm very sensitive and an ultra romantic!

FMSwann - I LOVE LOVE LOVE James Patterson too!  Pop goes the Weasel is an awesome book, you'll love it.  I started collecting his hardbacks from local thrift stores (usually $3/each or less) and recently got "You've Been Warned" that way.  I just finished reading it and it was GOOD, too!

I also found a book that a co-author of James Patterson's wrote - Andrew Gross "The Blue Zone".  I'm going to read it next and I'll let you know if he's another good author to check into.

Has anyone read "Love in the time of Cholera"?  I bougth the book because it was on Oprah's book club list, but I'm having a really hard time even getting into it.  Is it just me? Or is it just very slow to start??

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 12:25 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

James Patterson and Andrew Gross are great together...

they wrote 2nd chance and 3rd degree together from the woman's murder club...the jester, the lifegaurd, and judge and jury all of which are GREAT books...

those are the only ones that James patterson got top billing on...im not sure about the others that they may have colaborated on...

not sure about the love in the time of cholera but im not normally a fan of books on oprahs list...thats why i started this thread because i know that real people readd our kinds of books and they dont all read books about the historical things she does...those books bore the crap out of me...

i am almost done with Full Blast...this series is great...

alright i am going to go now....talk to you all later on!!!

Ashley

Lets Bring It Girls!

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Ok...update on Andrew Gross - The Blue Zone.....

WOW WOW WOW, HOLY MOLY, haha I think that covers it.  I started reading this book last night and have barely been able to put it down (i did catch some sleep, thank goodness).  I'm almost half way through it (about 156 pages so far) and it's a definite page-turner! 

I think I might like this book better than some of the other James Patterson novels I've read....and yes, I read the Jester, Judge & Jury, and several others - havent gotten to the murdered woman's club series, yet.

Check it out, you'll LOVE it!

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 2:18 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Ok....so I finished the book today (The Blue Zone), it was fantastic!  Usually I can sorta figure out, or suspect what's coming, at the end - but not this time!

I tried to start "Love in the time of Cholera" again today; it isn't happening. I just can't get into it!

I have this horrible cold/flu and I feel like CRAP.  But, I'm heading to a local thrift store tomorrow, if I feel up to it, to snag some more James Patterson hardbacks I heard they have for $1 each - cant beat that!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Oh, we're supposed to get snow again tomorrow (in Atlanta), a 90% chance - people are already losing their minds - it's CRAZY!

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've tried to get into a few of the books Oprah has reccomended, but I usually find them boring.

I've just decided that I will read what I find interesting.  I don't need any famous person telling me what's good or not.  If I hear a book is good, I'll check it out.  Read the cover maybe the first few pages to see if it intrests me, but if not I just put it back.

I have soo many books, and I LOVE to read just about anything really, but there are just those books that you can never get into.  No matter how hard you try.  I used to force myself to finish a book once I started it, but lately I've relized it's a major waist of my time to try and force myself to be into something that I'm just not.  So now I have no trouble just putting them down and starting something new and better!

My FSIL actually reccomended that book, and I have yet to pick it up and even see if I would want to read it.  She and FMIL are huge fans of Oprah's book club though.  They print her lists out and try and read most of them.

MrsShea Posts : 486 Registered: 3/25/07
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

I'm so bad.  well, I've been reading non-stop...literally.  I have been finishing a book a week, lol.  I guess that's my excuse for not coming on.  my job is going great!  last week, I was offered a position servicing homeowner and auto policies instead of being the receptionist.  I'm excited to get started :).  I hope everybody is doing well.  I expect to finish another book by the end of next week.  anyway, I'm gonna finish eating dinner.  I went to the bookstore last week so I now have tons more books to read!  and the next series on my list: the FBI series by catherine coulter.  I can't wait.  I hope to come back soon!  bye!

www.evilthing.net/wedding - wedding pictures will be up ASAP

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: MrsShea

I missed this thread so I dragged back out into the sunshine.

I have not been reading much lately - holding the paper books had been uncomfortable for a while and the times I did pick one up to read it, I just could not get into it no matter what I tried to read, couldn't do more than a page or two. So, instead I have been using the time to spend with FH and working on our relationship, which has been struggling right along with us throughout this injury bruhaha and FH not being able to work but about 16 hours per week. I feel like we are getting back to comfortable and FINALLY, life can resume it's normal flow and pace.

I feel badly that my participation in the book club fizzeled out and I have been wanting to apologize to you all for that and for not keeping up with it. I am feeling much better lately and far more like myself again, so hopefully, if y'all chose a book for Dec or Jan, lol, wait now its feb...I'd like to know the title so as to participate again.

I have tried reading the FBI stories, picked them up quite a few times but they just don't seem to grab me and take my attention like some other stuff I read. The only books I have really missed was the Stephanie Plum series, so I put the third one and the the fouth on my ipod and I listen while at physical therapy when they don't need my attention.

This one is gettin' good and I am already wondering what the hell happened to uncle mo!! And I like the addition of Lula into the bond office crew and 'back up' for steph when she is investigating  some of the more 'iffy' areas and/or people.

I also found one called Plum Lovin' it is separate from the number series and I have not gotten it cause 1 it's a thinner book and it's still 7 bucks, so I will wait till I find it - and 2 it seems to be, OF COURSE, the second one of these, LOL - in this one steph has to play matchmaker for various reasons...sounds terribly funny so I really want to read the first one first and find them both at a reasonable price. But I have been meaning to tell y'all about it since I found it at the CVS while waiting for my prescriptions to be ready.

What if the hokey pokey really IS 

what it's all about? 

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Lily - I think you should check your dvd's i sent you because i know i already have Plum lovin' in Audiobook format and i wanna say i sent it on to you too...

i havent been reading too much i read a book by iris johannson last week but mostly i have been doing things around the house and i put music on because it keeps me moving more than a book...maybe we can plan a book for march instead o fFrebruary...that would really help me get things situated around the house a bit more.....

anyone have suggestions about an author..

oh and shan look for Catherine Coulter;s The Maze its the first book in the FBI series and it WILL grab your attention...and you can follow the characters better that way since thats how sherlock and savich are introduced and their relationship starts in that book.

missing my wormies!!!!

Ashley

Check out my new BLOG
http://thelifeofafutureswann.blogspot.com/

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 6:51 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Oh yay, I'm soo glad to see this thread back in the top again!  I've missed my wormies!!

March sounds great for a new book club title.  I'll check out my library and see what I have.  Maybe we can all submit a few titles, and then choose one that everyone agrees on from there?

I haven't been reading much lately.  I have started a book called The Dark Mirror.  It's supposed to be the first in a trilogy, and it's good, but I just haven't been able to get into it.  It's me though.  I've been really ADD lately, and can't seem to focus on anything for to long at one time. 

I have soo many projects going on again.  I've been teaching myself how to crouchet, working on this HUGE cross stitch piece, reading here and there, and scrapbooking.  That's besides cleaning my house.  I think it's just the time of year and the weather, and stress.  I do this every so often, just can't seem to stick to one project for more than 10 or 20 minutes.  It's horrible!  But, having so many things to do helps keep me from feeling like I'm going to crawl out of my skin.

My insomnia's back too.  Which has lead to a lot of late night fun, but that's for another thread intirely.

Sorry ladies, it seems like I'm rambling on.

I'm just soo glad to see people back in here!  I'll be back!

MrsShea Posts : 486 Registered: 3/25/07
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

I'm glad someone finally decided to reply since I posted a while back.  I would LOVE to read a book in March with you guys.  I don't really have any titles in mind just because I'm still reading my damn series I've been reading since Dec now.  I'm finally starting on book 10 and have 6 left.  I will gladly put the book down to read one with you though!

I guess I've just been too stressed.  I now have to hire a new receptionist sometime this week or next week.  This includes going through the resumes and interviewing people so that should be fun.  On top of that, I have to make sure to keep up with the current receptionist duties and also do my work for personal lines.  Seriously, I just want to scream these days.  But at least I'm getting some experience.

Anyway, enough babbling.  I guess I should go start on my next book, number 10.  Ashley, if you could please email me when you guys pick a book that'd be great.  I have to order some off amazon.com anyway for my series.  I just request that it not be a good out of the middle of a series.  I'm real weird and HAVE to read the books in order.  If I don't, I get all pissy :).  Anybody else the same way?

Anyway, ladies, I hope you all have a great night.  Lily, I hope things get better for you and I hope the physical therapy is working well! 

www.evilthing.net/wedding - wedding pictures will be up ASAP

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine