Wedding colors problem

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

HillWifey Posts : 12 Registered: 1/18/08
Wedding colors problem
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 2:29 PM

Okay my wedding colors was suppoe to be Pearl White and Platinum, cause the dress i first find was those colors. Well, i just find another dress that i really loved and the color is Ivory i wanted to knw would the color i pick would look okay with my dress. My MOH dress was going to be Platinum  and the tux black and platinum But will these colors still look good with an Ivory dress? or Should i just change my colors all together? Photobucket Photobucket

Charmaine Love's her Marine

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket<a href=

Re: Wedding colors problem
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

Oh and that's the pictures  of my dress i got.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

Beautiful dress! 

I don't think it will make a difference in what color gown that you choose.  Stick to the original colors...they cound beautiful together.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 3:55 PM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

I think Platinum will look fine with an ivory dress, as long as you find elements to tie them in together. You may also want to choose another accent color in a warm tone to blend with the ivory.

~ STEPHEN & MELISSA - DECEMBER 27, 2008 ~

When is my wedding

Whitb55 Posts : 435 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 3:04 AM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

Do you have a picture of the dress in platinum. I am not sure about ivory with platinum because ivory dresses normally have detailing that is more on the gold side whereas white dresses normally have detailing that is more on the silver side. I am trying to picture it in my head and I just cannot. Sometimes though people get really caught up in colors looking okay with ivory and usually most of them look fine, however, when I think of platinum I do not think of it working well with ivory. Can the ivory dress you like be ordered in white?

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 8:13 AM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

No this dress can't be done in white, see that's the same thing iw was thinking about the platinum and ivory cause this dress has like a goldish trim to it, so i can't see it with platinum,  but i'm looking at other colors to go with and i'm think like that greenish color that david's dridal have for their bridesmaids dresses, still deciding....

sarahrose Posts : 84 Registered: 12/4/07
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 9:09 AM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

First off - lovely dress! Very classy and pretty.

With that said, I think that your original idea of platinum and pearl would work. I would possibly throw in a bright accent color that pops though so that the overall look doesn't come across too muted or washed out. Like you had mentioned, putting the bridesmaids in green would do the trick. :)

And also like one of theother gals mentioned, just tie in the ivory here and there. Possibly an ivory colored cake or ivory ribbons on the bouquets, etc.

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: Whitb55

No it only come in ivory....*** Omit this answer***

Posted: Jan 25, 2008 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: sarahrose

Thank's sara great idea!

Whitb55 Posts : 435 Registered: 12/16/07
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

Green does look good with ivory. Actually I think any color looks good with ivory except platinum I am just unsure about because of what I said before. But I can vision any other color with ivory. I am also very particular about things. But you know what I am talking about with the gold trim clashing with platinum dresses. Good luck deciding. 

tweatie2 Posts : 286 Registered: 10/25/07
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

You don't have to match your colors.  You can have an ivory dress and still have your bridesmaids in platinum.  You are supposed to stand out.

Soon to be Mrs. Hurts!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine