NEED OPINION's ABOUT BANDS for a NJ wedding

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Erin820 Posts : 10 Registered: 5/20/06
NEED OPINION's ABOUT BANDS for a NJ wedding
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 4:49 PM

Hello all,

I am in the process of planning my 8/08 wedding and are trying to find a really good band. So far we have checked out

A GREAT BAND

MARC TOPAZ

ELEGANT ENSEMBLES( Savoy Stompers)

and we are going to see mission dance.

Has anyone ever heard of any of these bands and if they were good or not . Also if you have any other recomendations i would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

August bride

I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at the Westin Our Lucaya on Grand Bahama Island, or attended a wedding there or had a wedding there...? Any info is helpful TY

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: NEED OPINION's ABOUT BANDS for a NJ wedding
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: Erin820

HI Erin,

What part of NJ? I dont know any of these bands, but my good friends got married last year in Mahwah, NJ and they used a swing type band called JUMP STREET. They were incredible! THey had a lot of members, so there were about 3 different GREAT singers that would rotate, one girl and two guys. And they had trumpets, sax, drums, piano, guitar, everything. They had everyone on their feet all night long and did all types of music. I think you can just look up JumpStreet in NJ and find them online, but if you want more info, I can ask my friend for you. Good luck.

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 8:25 PM Go to message in response to: Erin820

Hi Erin - I am getting married in 4 weeks in PA but I have a NJ band - the Hollywood Band-www.hollywoodbandnj.com-a few of the guys are also in a band called the Robert Murdock Band.

Good Luck!

djandmichelle2008 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/25/07
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: Erin820

Hi August Bride,

I too am getting married in August 2008 and we booked the Savoy Stompers from Elegant Ensembles. Not sure if you already booked a band, but my fiance and I thought they were the best out of all the ones we watched. I've only heard good reviews about them.

A Great Band was a little pushy on having me make a decision on the first day I visited which was a real turn-off.

How has your band search been going? Have you found THE one yet? I know you posted a while ago.. would love to hear about your experience.

Good luck and take care!

Lisa88 Posts : 3 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Erin820

I'll give you two.  Band Of Gold & Starlight.  Both top of the line bands

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine