September 2008 brides!!!

Online Users: 1,224 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2,267

HillWifey Posts : 12 Registered: 1/18/08
Re: September 2008 brides!!!
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Thanks for the advide and the wedding reception, i'm really want to have it all in one place. And my dad is going to do the video of the wedding and i have have a photgraphy studio, so i think i'm going to hire him for that.

Charmaine Love's her Marine

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket<a href=

surfdiva Posts : 79 Registered: 10/16/07
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: HillWifey

Hehe BaltoBride!  I feel your lime-green dress pain too!!  I have a similar story and possible solution:  My grandmother told me recently that she planned on wearing to my wedding the baby blue 1970’s dress that she MADE and wore to my MOTHER’S wedding!!!  35 years ago!!  I was a little shocked, but thought there was nothing I could do to change her mind.  Until...a large shopping mall in our area announced is was closing down and all the big chain stores had to sell everything.  I don’t know if you guys know Dillards, but it is like a Macy’s in the south.  Anyways, she went there and found really pretty, flattering dresses for such inexpensive prices that it ignited the inner bargain-lover and she bought three dresses!!  LOL!  Now she can’t decided which one to wear and honestly, they are all stunning and I know she will be beautiful and happy to have not spent much.  :) So perhaps keep you eyes peeled for sales at different stores and alert your FSMIL of any “bargains” out there!  I completely understand when people don’t want to spend money...I am the same way...but most people do want to look their best...especially if it comes at a bargain price!

JessesFutureWif... Posts : 486 Registered: 10/8/06
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: BaltoBride

Hey Girls.. I'm happy again the Bartender we met with, that we are going to book with on sunday suggested a caterer to us that he works with. Heres the menu it is all the stuff we wanted for a buffet.

http://www.shorelinefoods.com/informal-menu.shtm

We'll probably see if we can switch the eggplant parmagiano to something like kielbasa and saurkraut since thats what my parents want. But that price is def. in our budget, but I"m not going to get my hopes up this time cause everytime I do things get messed up.

mono_sig_brown.jpg picture by cherrytomato2003

Our Wedding Website www.tandjwedding.com

BaltoBride Posts : 453 Registered: 2/27/07
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: surfdiva

Thanks for the inspiration.  I shall keep a lookout for those deals.  She is very.....ummmm.thrifty is the nice way of saving it.  I just couldn't believe she wouldn't shell out any funds for the wedding of the man she calls her son.  I will keep the faith.  Smile

Nikki

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 2:12 PM Go to message in response to: surfdiva

OK so I seem to have miss a few things welcome to the new brides and there is some invitation pictures I really like those good choice! 

As far as the lime-green dress story goes  feel for you.  We can't always pick what people will wear but I can garantee you people will notice her alot and wonder...  It's not like if you picked her dress for her.   But there is always a way around things.  Surfdiva at least your grandma didn't think about picking the same color as your bridal party... I soon as my grandmother found out my girls were in wine she sd oh I'll buy a wine dress as well.  That was when i was planning my first wedding (I never got married out of that one thank god!) So now planning this wedding I told my mom not to tell my grandmother my colors because I didn't want her to dress the same way so for now we managed to keep it as a secret.  I dont' really get along with my mom's mom she's too dramatic for me.  My other grandmother is a sweety and means the world too me.  I agree people always want to look their best.

Until I marry my Rockstar!

dtvg Posts : 67 Registered: 8/21/07
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: BaltoBride

Nikki, besides a great sale, I say flattery will get you anywhere!  Find a dress someplace, in a store, catalog, online and show it to her with "I think you would look so great in this- it would really bring out your eyes", etc. and lay it on thick, if you can act thru it! I've had a lot of success with that method and I definitely think it's worth a shot. You just have to figure out what her hot buttons are (she loves her eye color, hates the way her hips look) and make sure you sell it that way.  Hope it helps!

Now I have to go kiss my mom and FMIL b.c reading these stories make me realize how awesome they are being through all this!  Have a great weekend!

-Dawn Smile

SammieGirl Posts : 75 Registered: 9/22/07
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 12:58 AM Go to message in response to: dtvg

sooooooooo, i bought the sillies thing(s) today for the reception.  and I HAD to share it with you ladies.... I saw somewhere online that some people supply flip flops during the reception for the ladies to wear if their feet get tired and start to hurt..... with that said, I was at Old Navy today and they had their last years flip flops on sale for .49 cents each, so YEP i bought 56 pairs :)LOL  I LOVE a good bargain!!!  I believe it's the silliest purchase I've made so far!!!

preview image

MYLAP Posts : 6 Registered: 6/11/07
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: SammieGirl

HELLO SEPTEMBER 08 BRIDES. MY DATE IS SCHEDULED FOR 9/20. COLORS ARE BROWN AND IVORY WITH ACCENTS OF ORANGE.  I AM TRING TO DO AS MUCH AS I CAN WITH TRYING TO KEEP THE COSTS DOWN. I AM MAKING MY INVITES FOR ABOUT $50. I AM GOING TO TRY TO MAKE MY GOWN, IF I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE. I WANT TO CONGRATULATE ALL YOU LADIES ON PLANNING YOUR WEDDINGS.

M & M PHIFER

WeddingBelle6 Posts : 132 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi Leigh!

I haven't posted in awhile! If you are looking for a dress with some "sheen" you could look at Bill Levkoff dresses in tissue taffeta. I selected style #803 in Wine and it has a definate shimmer to it.

Happy Planning!

Katie

Katie

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Hi Ladies! I was just passing by, I'm at work so I can't be on too long, I swear one day they will fire me for brides.com lol.

How are you all doing? I haven't done anything wedding related and I'm about to reach my self-set deadline of getting all of the save the dates out by this saturday. I still need my FMIL's set of addresses so I'm waiting for them.

Classes start next Monday, and I'm VERY much NOT looking forward to it.. especially since I have a class at 8:10-10:45 PM and I start classes on that same day at 8:30 AM. I have a 7 hour break in between but still.. Mondays' are not going to be fun. I still have to book a florist and then I think the major things are done. I still have two BMs that need to get measured and another 2 BMs that need to give me their measurements. I want to get that done by February but we'll see. the dresses take 4 months to come in.

My FH and I are looking to buy a house now, and we're stressing a little bit. Things will be REALLY tight for a couple of years until I graduate but we'll make it. here's the link to the one we're looking at the most:

http://www.weichert.com/search/realestate/PropertyListing.aspx?P=17648579&cityid=23909&q=Hopatcong%2c+NJ&maxpr=160

Anyway, I should work. lol. I'll talk to you ladies soon! Take care!

~Tati, WIfe to Rob on September 13, 2008   :-) ~

Our wedding website: robandtatiswedding.weddingannouncer.com/

"You are all I long for, All I worship and adore." - Nat King Cole (From our first dance song)

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

Hey Ladies,

I need your help deciding between two Invitation wordings and the format of them.

Here's the 1st

Together with their parents
Tiffani Lauren D
and
Jesse Lee Z
invite you to share with them
the beginning of their new life together

The ceremony will be
at two o’clock in the afternoon
on Sunday, the twenty-first of September
Two thousand eight

Wood Acres Farm
Terryville, Connecticut

Heres the 2nd

Two lives, two hearts
joined together in friendship
united forever in love.
It is with joy that we,

Tiffani Lauren D
and
Jesse Lee Z

invite you to share
in a celebration of love
as we exchange our marriage vows
on Sunday, the twenty first of September
Two thousand and eight
at two o'clock in the afternoon

Wood Acres Farm
68 Griffin Road
Terryville, Connecticut

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

Tati.. that is such a cute little house. I wish we could buy one now. Living at home is stressing me out alot. I'm so thinking of saving money and moving south, my friend just bought this really nice 2400sqft 4 bedroom house in south carolina for $70,000 I'm so tempted but then I will be a little too far away. Sorry this was actually supposed to be about you lol I really think the house is cute.

Alright gotta go get Dylan off the bus. ttyl

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

Adorable house, Tati!  I love the little rock wall in the front and the large backyard! I cannot wait to have a house and real furniture and to stop living like we are still in college (someday!)

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: surfdiva

Hey everyone!

Had the day off work yesturday so my mom and I went and looked at wedding dresses!

We went to this local shop in my hometown that my mom insisted we go to and tried on a bunch - narrowed it down to 2 I really liked there, although both were discontinued and would have to be bought off the rack, but neither needed much in the way of alterations - the halter one just needed the piece around the neck to be tightened and this ivory one just needed the straps fixed, as one was broken, and taken in on the top of the sides a little bit - easy fixes my mom could do (she does costuming and alterations for all the plays and musicals my sis is in and made her own dress 30 years ago).

we left there and went to David's to try on a few I had seen online... they were okay and I noticed they kept pushing that one halter one you see all over the store and site with the red/colored fabric around the waist down the back... i thought it was just okay when I put it on though... found another one I liked there that was discontinued too, but the ivory one I tried on at the other place kept popping into my mind the whole time, so we called them to see how late they were open and went back and tried the ivory one on again.

It's my dress - I love the buttons that go all the way down the back and I love how we're customizing the straps in the back to make them sort of criss-cross. 

here's the link to it that i found online, but keep in mind, mine's ivory, but it's really more of a very light offwhite and almost looks white in certain lights. the lady at the place said they can order matching gloves and stuff for me too, so the color won't be an issue.

http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Bridals&year=2005&season=Spring&best=True&pid=418&did=249&">http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Bridals&year=2005&season=Spring&best=True&pid=418&did=249&

(just copy/paste it cuz i cant for the life of me get the link to be a link in this post, lol) 

i need a size large/x-large slip to get the 'poof' i need for the skirt, but my matron of honor thinks hers might work... 

we got a great deal on it too as it was discontinued and they had just marked it down 40% earlier this week! 

i also started working a little bit on our programs for the ceremony and i think I picked out the perfect song for the soloist (one of my Future BiL's, also a groomsman) to sing: Wind Beneath my Wings, acoustic style! I think it fits perfectly! 

my future MiL is booking the place for the rehearsal dinner today as well and we got a rough estimate on a head count for the reception too. 

I think I'm gonna call about the DJ tomorrow, as the guys we're thinking about going with come highly recommended from multiple people we know personally. 

When is my wedding

September 13, 2008 *~
Rachel & Josh

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: TheNewMrsJ

GORGEOUS dress, Rachel! I love the straps and the way it will show off your back!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine