REALLY short hair

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13

bardess Posts : 6 Registered: 12/12/07
REALLY short hair
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 7:44 PM

I chopped all my hair off RIGHT before my FH proposed and gave thought to growing it all back out before the wedding but I'm getting married in September and my hair grows at the rate that it would be at an akward stage by September.  (My hair is uber thick and I have a ton of it!)  I've been looking around and can't find any short hair styles for weddings.  I've been thinking about a wreath of flowers (a little one, not a giant mid-evil looking one) but I still want a veil down the back.  Any ideas?  Or has anyone else gotten married/getting married and has really short hair? 

My wedding planning blog!

eyedontcheckit.blogspot.com

Re: REALLY short hair
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

How short is short? You can definitely have options, even with super duper short hair! The only thing you have to make sure is that whatever length veil you get isn't heavy enough that the comb will fall out of your hair. If you want a long veil and a combed one won't stay, then consider maybe a mantilla (lays on top of the head and is secured by a bobby pin or two.

I have posted these pics many times, but will copy/paste them again just so you see some options:

Here are some "extremely short hair" cuts, mostly pixie cuts.... if your hair is longer than that let me know and I'll post some pictures that better show your hair length! :)

(you could do flowers)

(A headband of some kind - if not like this, then one with rhinestones perhaps) 

Or just blow it smooth (elegant) and add larger earrings to draw attention to your face

This isn't the best picture, but it just shows that  you can wear a tiara or a crown if you really want to - just not this big ;) haha

Or I think super short cuts look FABULOUS with bird cage veils:

Another birdcage veil:
short hair

If your hair isn't pixie short, here's a few more:

Some with longer veils:

THis is a mantilla veil:

Hope that helps! :-)

www.eventsbychrissie.com

OrthoRN Posts : 323 Registered: 11/24/07
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

Don't forget, there are some really gorgeous hair pieces/additions you could use if you wish!! My daughter is required to wear one for performances with a song/dance group.

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I've never thought about it.  But I guess it is pixie short.  I modeled my hair cut after Alyssa Milano's hair when she got hers cut REALLY short.

Posted: Dec 29, 2007 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

Hey! I have been engaged since October, and cut my hair just below my ears (about 6 inches off) just a month ago. Everyone expects you to have long hair for your wedding.... and I prefer my hair short, and so does my Fiancee... so I just decided to do it. I will be wearing a tiara headband, and a veil and that's it. I will have a nice cut, and fresh highlights as well..I don't think you need to have long hair on your wedding... wear what suits YOU! Good luck! :)

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank you guys so much!  I went wedding dress shopping and found the perfect dress and (despite the fact I was against it till I saw it with the dress) a tiara that I love.  I've decided to just style my hair the way I normally do and just have it cut and colored a couple weeks before the wedding.    Thank you SO MUCH for all the advice.  Laughing

FMBrowning Posts : 44 Registered: 9/4/07
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

My hair is really short pixie style like mia Farrow in rosemarys baby I just got extentions in and they were good then after that I wore a wig we made my hair grow faster and my hair usually grows slow.
http://www.mywedding.com/mimmiejoseph

SamanthaBride Posts : 10 Registered: 6/17/09
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

Shorter hair Birdcage veil:

Picture taken from www.tessakim.etsy.com

Good luck!

hairstyleblogkr... Posts : 5 Registered: 5/11/09
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

You can DEFINITELY still have great wedding hair with a short hair cut. You could do a faux up do or add in accessories, like you said, a wreath or something. Here are some additional ideas for short wedding hair:
http://www.hairstyle-blog.com/wedding-hairstyles-for-short-hair.html
It shows a few different looks.

AndreaHalley Posts : 23 Registered: 7/6/09
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 7:08 AM Go to message in response to: bardess

To JamiesBabydoll: Thanks a lot for your suggestion pics. That's what I've been looking for too. I didn't know that short hair could be that gorgeous

MacyGray Posts : 13 Registered: 7/5/09
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

Thanks for that.Short hair does a gresat job

MacyGray Posts : 13 Registered: 7/5/09
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

Thanks for that.Short hair does a great job

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: bardess

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 5102 is just $589.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine