rose petals in glass for centerpieces?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Warrengirl Posts : 109 Registered: 1/27/07
rose petals in glass for centerpieces?
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 8:49 PM

Hi everyone!

I want my centerpieces to be a glass hurricane or some type of glass container with a candle in it and then have votives and those glass stones scattered on the table top. I was thinking of placing rose petals in the glass container to add some color but I was concerned that they might burn. Has anyone used flower petals in this situation and if so real or silk and did you have trouble with them burning??? I've seen pictures of this but never tried it out myself. Thanks.

"

Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain"

Dave Matthews

OrthoRN Posts : 323 Registered: 11/24/07
Re: rose petals in glass for centerpieces?
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

I would do the reverse - put the flower petals on the table around the hurricane & place the stones in the hurricane around the candle.

Deletedhandle Posts : 49 Registered: 11/13/07
Posted: Jan 3, 2008 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

maybe put some water in the glass container that way the melted wax won't totally stick to the container (easier clean-up) and that'll protect the petals too?

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

Good suggestions above. If you're using a tall pillar or taper candle, just keep the petals down low, away from the flame, and you should be ok (fresh petals won't burn--silk ones might if they get too close). Contact me through my website, and I'll send you several petal/candle type arrangements.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: Deletedhandle

Thank you all for your advice. I thougt about putting the glass stones in the hurricane but I thought they might help reflect the light more if they were on the table instead. I don't know! Maybe I'll try making up a couple, one with stones in the hurricane and one with petals and see which one I like better. Thanks again for the advice and thanks for the pictures classysassyweddings.

"

Dave Matthews

LadyBugBride Posts : 533 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:08 AM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

Our centerpieces were sort of what you are describing, except we had red hurricanes, so we didn't need anything inside. We had the red cylinder, a white pillar candle, 5 tealights in votive holders, and then surrounded it with freeze-dried rose petals. Here are some pics so you can get an idea of what it looks like:

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: LadyBugBride

Thanks for all your help.

LadyBugBride: I really like your centerpieces. That's the effect I am going for. I finally found the picture that inspired me. I can't tell but the petals are probably real...so they will not catch on fire. I'll try to attach it but I'll include the link as well because my pictures never show up. Thanks again.  

Photobucket

"

Dave Matthews

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine