Need a committed online buddy!

Online Users: 1,249 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 28
Need a committed online buddy!
Posted: Jul 13, 2007 6:01 AM

Hey everyone, as the title says, looking for a buddy to give support and tips online. I think it's a good idea to not only get support, but gain knowledge on what techniques are working for others. 

Anyway, my goal is to lose 35-40 pounds in about a year or so. Anyone want to go on the journey with me? (I promise to be committed!) :)

Re: Need a committed online buddy!
Posted: Jul 14, 2007 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'll kick your ass if you kick mine. I've tried for SOOO long to lose 10-15 lbs but I just have the hardest time being consistant. I always find excuses NOT to work out. Now, getting married should be the biggest one, and looking hot in the photos should be too, but I know I need support too. I'm game if you are.

Sincerely,

Leslie in the OC

Posted: Jul 14, 2007 4:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Awesome! I'm excited to start working out and dieting and such.

What are your target areas for weight loss? I am aiming for lower stomach/abs and arms. Those are my trouble spots!

EriLeigh Posts : 18 Registered: 5/31/07
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 8:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey if you are still interested I need an online support buddy!!! My fiance and I just started working out but it is very hard for women to lose weight so he will probably lose it quicker than me
EriLeigh

cantw8 Posts : 91 Registered: 6/26/07
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey.  I'm also getting married (june 2008) and I want to lose approximately 15-20 lbs before the wedding.  I have a very difficult time being consistent w/ my diet.  I DO go to the gym three times a week to do weight training.  My FH goes to the gym with me and it seems like he's gaining so much more muscle than I am. :(  I want to tone my arms, legs and lower stomach.  

We can all support one another to try to get this weight off before our wedding dates.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 12:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am self motivated but am not a consistant to motivate myself to do a workout or diet routine I NEED SOMEONE TO KICK MY BUTT! In any case if anyone needs help I am in VA so if you are in the US and need a buddy or whatnot ...you can call me and we can kick eachothers butts on the phone or if you want we can be online only. That is cool too but i am a talker and a music listener that is where i get my motivation. I can't work out when nobody is home because i am afraid of being alone and I am also afraid of them seeing me work out lol...any ideas or you wanna buddy? My email is cow_lover_03@yahoo.com

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Do you have Verizon...I LOOOVE Verizon to Verizon free minutes!!

I've been trying forever to get in shape!!  I've just started the body for life program...again...It's an 84 day program...but one hell-uva great program!  I know there's a new book out for women, but I haven't seen it...on their website(bodyforlife.com)  they have where you can download all of your daily logs

You do weights 3 days out of the week and 3 days of aerobics..one week focuses on upper body (2 workouts of upper body and 1 lower) and then the next week in lower body(2 workouts of lower body and 1 of upper)...I think this is the only reason I've kept with the program....so I won't be lopsided!!...ha ha!!...I can't do the eating part, I love food!! And Sunday is a free day...I love Sundays!!

I'm like you...there is no way I'd go to the gym and let people so me and my silly facial expressions...and I'm a wimp...you'd think I was lifting a 25lb weight by the look on my face...not a 10lb one!!

Autumnatic Posts : 63 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"August 2008 bride seeks online workout buddy. Former cross country/track runner and coach knows a thing or two about butt-kicking workouts, but would like to share support and encouragement with other brides. Up for 'the group thing' Wink. Send a message to autumnatic."

Smile Just felt like being different. My first and last "personal ad"!

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 10:31 PM Go to message in response to: cantw8

Hi! I am getting married July of 08 and I know it felt like a long time ago - but now it seems like it went by so quick. I just started back to the gym today!  Perhaps if we can hold each other accountable we will make it - my weight now is 162 (up from 148 just 5 months ago) ugh! I'd like to lose 20 lbs by the wedding and tone up big time. I will check in with you guys - perhaps if we post our progress we can encourage each other ?

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi!  I'm getting married on March 22, 2008, and need to lose weight fast!!  I bought my dress last year, and then went to a fitting and it no longer fits comfortably (it's a corset back so it laces up), and I really would like to breathe on my wedding.  Just started the Vow to Wow program today.  I just need someone to go through this with, and who will help motivate me.  My weight is 162 and I would like to get it down to 140 by the wedding.  If you're interested send me a message :)

me: (looking at perfume) Hey, do you want to get Britney Spears' perfume?

Best Friend: Ewww.  I don't want to smell like skank.

MissyF Posts : 275 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 6:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mandsforever: I just pm-ed you in response to your post - I'm getting married March 8, 2008. Hope to hear from you soon!

JessicaAndTravis Posts : 5 Registered: 12/5/07
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello. I would love to give any support I can and would love to gain some support myself, so if you are interested just email me at jessicaf04@hotmail.com  I have the same goal as you. My wedding is October 08 and I would love to lose 35-40 pounds also.

Posted: Jan 2, 2008 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i know what you are going throw. i am getting married 2-14-09 and i need to lose about 30 pounds. i weigh in at 150 size9 but i want to be a 5 for my  wedding so sure i;ll be ur working out buddie
mrs. precious

CoCoKo Posts : 3 Registered: 12/11/07
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am getting married on September 6, 2008 and need to lose around 40 pounds myself! I would love to be part of the online community. My e-mail is ccdavis83@gmail.com, so if you're interested I am committed! I think this is a great idea! We can be a huge support system for each other! I am in Colorado if anyone is in the area.

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Jan 2, 2008 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: CoCoKo

There is a thread called Overweight but Inspired over in the fitness category. The women there are so supportive and nice. We have a weight loss contest that we loving call Biggest loser. We are starting Biggest loser 4 this weekend. I would love to see you all over there too. We divide up in 2 groups and that helps me a lot because if I don't do well I am hurting my team. There are a lot of ideas and inspiration. I am sure you will all love that group as much as I do. 

Good luck and best wishes for happy wedding planning, a wedding that is perfect for you, and a long and loving marriage.

Danille 

We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. ~ Thornton Wilder

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine