Lets do away with this dress please

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 179

ambiesmom Posts : 101 Registered: 6/17/07
Re: Lets do away with this dress please
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 2:27 AM Go to message in response to: lensappeal

lensappeal,

I realize that this thread started out as "I'm sick of seeing this dress" and not that "I hate this dress". But since then some (like Lynnieboo) have come and said hateful things. We're all entitled to our own opinion but it could be done without getting hateful. 

She has said that the dress is ugly, cheaply made, cost under $200, everybody and their neighbor has it and lastly that IT SUCKS.

Wouldn't any of this bother you if it was your dress getting totally bashed? How about just saying that it's not your favorite.

And as far as looking at her personal profile...all I said was that I hope no one has the same colors or gets married at the same place...just to make a point that it's going to happen. Just like several gals have chosen this dress. People chose the same color schemes, same dresses, same themes, same venues, etc all the time.I never said anything to devastate her or hint at ugliness of her wedding.

My daughter and I used to read these and laugh about the comments until it became personal and I replied to defend my daughter and her dress.  

The Bride's Mom

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 2:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had to post again just for you!!!!
The Bride's Mom

lensappeal Posts : 80 Registered: 9/4/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 2:56 AM Go to message in response to: ambiesmom

Ambiesmom, peace.
And, as I recall reading, she didn't say it sucked until she felt as though you had personally attacked her wedding. And then the shotties rolled. Understandable, as you are doing the same (however, none have gone to your site to criticize the snowflake theme as of yet…)

The dresses she saw in person she wasn't a fan of, she said so. Many young ladies have said so.
I only feel as though you could have said your feelings and emotions in maybe a better way, the way a mother would normally state her emotions. linny, She’s young. She’s offended, I’d move that in the grandest scheme of things, she doesn’t completely know better. Just a perception, I’d be fine with being wrong.

My dress getting bashed? Offend me? I will be honest, it would a little bit, yes. However, I, and several other ladies would agree with me for themselves, it is most definitely not worth getting upset because someone else thought it ugly. Big deal. Other may have an opinion, I will try to avoid limiting them... operative word is try. :)

However, What I do have a problem with are women getting upset over material.
Your daughter was never once maligned, ( I don't think, there are a LOT of posts, I might've missed one) and her personal buy was never maligned - just this random dress. Which your daughter happens to be wearing for her wedding. (congratulations, by the way! I can only imagine the stress you must be going through, my own mother is going crazy, especially with the fact that  I am her first born child, her oldest girl, etc, etc, and it’s a little hard on her.)

I noticed (obviously) you went to Lynny-what’s-her-faces profile. So, I went to yours… Snowflakes, not over done. A little odd, but certainly not over done. J Red, navy, and silver. A little high-end USA Americana.. I’ve seen it done, its beautiful. Definitely not me, nor something I would ever consider doing. But, I’m sure it will be beautiful to you both. And, that is what matters, right? What does it matter that some chicks on the other side of the country think its sounds weird? Or that Others still would wish to copy your ideas?How do you plan on using snowflakes in an un-hoky way? Just a question, I could see big tinsel-ness (ugh) and glitter(double ugh).(the latter ugh is for glitter. Its terribly hard to get out of anything and everything. But, there is a beautiful effect when over white!)
Now, could I come up with some unkind things to say? Most definitely. As so could many for my own, or anyone’s really. Just personal taste. And, as I have observed by your posts, you are a very meticulous and tasteful woman, and I am sure her wedding will be lovely!

But, what was the point in going to her site, just to find out if it was original or no?  a little fishy, it would seem.

Several points have been made. Yes, this is a dress commonly bought. Big deal. I personally would like OTHER gowns showcased, or at least a color besides candy apple red, as I feel it’s the only color that is showcased. Personal preference. Also, I live in OK, and the dress does retail for less than 250. But, in the grandest scheme of things, that is what DB and AA are: knock-off chains. And boy, I am VERY Grateful for them!!! As are most of us on here at Brides.

But, you are correct, things could have been said in a better manner, with more mutual respect. I thank you, personally, for responding to my post in such a lovely way! Happy planning!

ANWAY, this is a long novel. Here’s to funky ass dresses!

Artbride, pass a rum and coke my way!
When is my wedding

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

This is exactly what my dress looks like.  I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinions but there are a lot of people out there looking for something different then your normal plain white or cream colored dresses, especially if they are getting married for the 2nd time.  I looked at the first dress that everyone has been so nice to drag into the gound, and there is nothing wrong with it.  If you don't like it fine, but there are many others who do otherwise it would not be such a big seller on the market.  Personally I chose the one I did because you can alter it to your colors and it's different than what you would typically see.  So far everyone who has seen my dress has commented on how beautiful it is and how unique it is.  If people don't like a dress fine, don't buy it, but dont call it cheap and ruin it for the people who want to wear it.  Everyone wants their wedding to be perfect and they want to be the most beautiful bride.  Calling someone elses choice of dresses cheap and tacky is just rude and inconciderate

asammel Posts : 39 Registered: 9/7/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: MissR

i agree, the differences between even the couple AA designs is huge.  That one was my fav. so far (at least what I have looked at so far) and the lace edge on the bottom really softened it

The Future Mrs. Mitchell

asammel Posts : 39 Registered: 9/7/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: jennken09

jennken09 thats y i liked the other aa variation of it better than the one this post started about

The Future Mrs. Mitchell

LynnieBoo Posts : 144 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: ambiesmom

The Brides Mom

You are making me sick.  I never said the dress was cheaply made, I never said it was cheap.  All I said was I didnt like it, and lots of people are wearing, and that it was on most bridal sites.  You took it above the level it needed to go. I never said my wedding was unique, and I am sure many brides have done something that I am doing in my wedding, but ask me if I care. At this point I really dont give a hoot if it offended you or your daughter.  If you and your daughter were so comfortable with this dress you should have never of posted anything on here in the first place. 

LynnieBoo Posts : 144 Registered: 12/2/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: lensappeal

lensappeal

Thank you for somewhat being on my side of this situation.  Like I have stated many times.  All I every really said was that I didnt like the dress, and I felt a lot of brides were wearing it, and that you would be looking like someone other brides.  The Brides Mother took it to a different level. I didnt care about her looking on my profile and reading what I posted and commenting on it because its her option, and it does not really matter to me what she or her daughter thinks.  I just feel that if she was so happy with this dress as she states then why post anything about it other then saying how happy you are with the dress.

Like you said its not like her daughter posted this dress and we talked bad about it.  Someone started on how she was tired of seeing the dress and the comments poured out.  Everyone on her she be able to expect that everyone has an option and you are not always going to agree, but be able to respect.  Which I see some can not do. 

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: LynnieBoo

I really tried to stay out of this thread but it's starting to piss me off.

First of all, OP, you were terribly rude and inconsiderate. That's not to say that you don't have a valid opinion, but you just chose the totally WRONG way to make that opinion known. Especially by posting someone's actual wedding picture in your post. I cannot imagine how awful it would be to stumble upon this thread and see your wedding picture (or a friend's or sister's!!) up on a thread that is bashing the dress. I would be PISSED!

But as far as your opinion about the dress goes, there's nothing wrong with it. It's valid--those dresses are all over the place right now. But unless someone actually posts the dress and says "what do you think?" keep it to yourself. There's plenty of dresses that I don't like, but I'm not going to go around starting threads to let the whole world know that.

So is anybody ready to lock this thing yet?

Our Wedding Website: http://chrisandryanne.weddingannouncer.com

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"  ~Jimmy Buffett

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: LynnieBoo

Lynnieboo,

I hate to disappoint those that have enjoyed this thread but I think it's time to call it quits. This has gone too far and is just getting nasty.

What matters is that my daughter (and me too) LOVES the dress. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I think we have seen plenty of that on here. 

The Bride's Mom

DoubleGreen Posts : 285 Registered: 8/12/07
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: ambiesmom

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! OMG ... I just started reading this thread first out of boredom...then curiosity...and THEN out of pure excitment at the level of INSANITY from so many that just made me laugh endlessly ... and then, just when I thought it couldnt get ANY funnier or more bizarre ... I see this freakin picture of Liza Minellis Wedding Party which just SUMS UP THE MEANING OF ABSURDITY!!!! And then I spit out my iced tea because I was laughing sooooo hard...........

Let this thread die??? NO WAY!!!! This is waaay too entertaining to die. Im lovin it. This is better than my soap opera. MUCH more drama and cattyness here anyway... Oh what fun! Its like a sport and Im the spectator. What will they say next? Who will go off the deep end? Who will be OFFENDED??!!! And most importantly... HOW LONG can these people POSSIBLY talk about a F***ing DRESS????? I CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT!:)

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

Message was edited by: kelleylynn

MissR Posts : 139 Registered: 7/17/06
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 9:30 PM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

DoubleGreen you are hilarious, I love the Liza pic!

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

Vintage !!!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine