Lets do away with this dress please

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 179

tweatie2 Posts : 286 Registered: 10/25/07
Re: Lets do away with this dress please
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would have to disagree with you 89Trees.  I love big skirts.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't fashionable.  They (A line) are gowns that typically look good on everyone. 

I highly doublt that you would want to see all the behind and thighs I have in a mermaid gown.  They would kick me out of the church for indecent exposure.

Soon to be Mrs. Hurts!!

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: mauiluv

Alright before this gets blown up again mauiluv please remember that when you speak of the "poor" quality of this dress you are speaking badly of someones dream dress that they are planning to wear on their special day...please be more considerate of others feelings when you are posting.

Much love and Support!!

Ashley

Once An Ugly Ducking Soon A Beautiful Swann

Way to go Curvatious Cuties!!! BL4 Here We Come!!!!!!!! 

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: PLysak

Priscilla, because I have nothing better to do on a Friday night I looked up the dress in two colors that you mentioned (o:  So sad, I know it. 

asammel Posts : 39 Registered: 9/7/07
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

Personally I like the dress.  Sure people can call it trendy but so were the poofy sleves at one time.  Plus, plenty of these dresses are made well and look beautiful on many women so there is no need to insult women who love this dress adn feel good about wearing it.  It isnt my dress but it is still insulting.  I was actually looking at a similar one from Alfred Angelo that is beautiful as well.  Everyone is entitled to her own opinion, but it IS popular adn you are most likely offending a lot of brides.

this is the dress i was looking at:

(O NO HOW DARE I HAVE A COLORED TRAIN !!!)Wink

The Future Mrs. Mitchell

DoubleGreen Posts : 285 Registered: 8/12/07
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Alright before this gets blown up again mauiluv please remember that when you speak of the "poor" quality of this dress you are speaking badly of someones dream dress that they are planning to wear on their special day...please be more considerate of others feelings when you are posting.

I completely disagree with this. I would like for someone to warn me about the flaws in a dress that I happen to be interested in. In fact, I wish that I could see more honesty in this messageboard instead of going overboard to spare feelings. I like to think that we have strong, secure women who can see these posts as criticism of products rather than personal attacks.

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

BTW, thank you Pamlin for taking the time to find the designer of that dress. Smile 

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 12:54 AM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

Doublegreen: are you kidding me?

The dress you posted about is 100 times prettier than that ugly effing gown you are looking for

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: asammel

Amammel i like this dress over the AA gown i love the lace detail and what looks like little crystals in the lace, adn does it have the satin covered buttons? i love those, i had extra added! :-)  and the inlaid sahs is wonderful for pulling in your waist! insdead of buying a corset like i have to! :'(damn boyish box figure! after kids sooo geting a boob job and lipo! The mommy make over! I dont think i would concider shelling out that type of money but after relising how cheap it is to have a child in the military well the hospital bill, why not! Side tracked i know!

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 1:16 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

Birdlover i happen to like her gown! Although i would not wear it to my wedding, but i am a classic type of girl, but i think it would be lovly, especialy in a garden or beach style wedding

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

PLysak Posts : 288 Registered: 7/8/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 7:25 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Now that looks really pretty.  I really like it in the green.  Maybe they should do more advertising with different colors, to show people what the possibilities for the dress are, and to give it a fresh look.

Priscilla & John

Crazy for each other, since 1995.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: PLysak

I saw the last dress in green on David's webpage. It is very pretty.

Bird proving a point. I was going to tell you where you could find some white Birkenstocks and pantyhose to fit over your cankles that will match your self-made cockatoo dress that was patched together with bird sh*t to make it environmentally friendly..but the friendship is over.

*I'm never above a good ribbing.

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

Not a problem, DoubleGreen.  I know how hard it is to try to find something when there are no references on the picture!

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

DoubleGreen, I actually like the dress, just not for a wedding.  But I know you get what I was trying to say.

Just because you have thick-skin doesn't mean everyone does, and you shouldn't purposely or knowingly hurt feelings.  It's just immature.

And with that...no more visiting this post!

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: DoubleGreen

DoubleGreen, I actually like the dress, just not for a wedding.  But I know you get what I was trying to say.

Just because you have thick-skin doesn't mean everyone does, and you shouldn't purposely or knowingly hurt feelings.  It's just immature.

And with that...no more visiting this post!

asammel Posts : 39 Registered: 9/7/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 12:25 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

It is nice.  The colors just weren't quite right.  But who knows I have a ways to go and may wind up ordering it anyway.  I must say the different color makes all the difference.  I didn't like these dresses much when I saw them in red (im just not a red person...too many memories of high school sports uniforms) but it is gorgeous in other colors.  My two favorites were celadon adn victorian lilac. And you were right about the inset creating a waist.  I dont have one and it looked like i did...YAY

The Future Mrs. Mitchell

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine