Centerpieces

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

MarryinginSoCal Posts : 7 Registered: 9/25/07
Re: Centerpieces
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi.  You can get manzanita branches from www.crateandbarrel.com.  They're about 50 bucks.  I've seen some really beautiful decorations with those, but have found them to be too heavy for what I'm planning.  Good luck.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

we had some candles..but these were spectacular without them as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15379571@N05/sets/72157602772204022/show/

asammel Posts : 39 Registered: 9/7/07
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I think we are doing a little combination of many things.  As it stands in the early planning process, we are having lowfloral arrangements with old and new family photos in the center.  (I got the idea when I cam across some of my great grandparents photos.  Im putting them in antiqued metal frames and using a little wire to attach table numbers to the top of the frame.  There prob. will be a few candles around it too sorta worked into the flowers( but tall enough not to set the flowers on fire).  IDK ...just the idea i have as of now...who knows how i will feel about over the next year.

The Future Mrs. Mitchell

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I also have to do a No-Candles centerpiece.  To boot, I have to be on a shoestring budget...I came up with the following:

30 8” high vases at Ikea $1.50 each (total $45)

Sticks and twigs 2ft long free

120 feet of ribbon $7.00- 40% off sale at Micheals, plus Black Friday coupon of 50% off even clearance items

30 Garland pieces at $3.00 each at Micheals, again the Black Friday coupon.

Gold spray paint for the inside of the class and the sticks. $3 a can, need about 10 cans… (I’m sure I can get this cheaper!)

Dark Wood as the Base: $20 sheet of cheap wood that Lowes cut to my measurements for free!

One can of dark wood stain:  less than 7 bucks.

Rocks free (I live near the Delaware River, where they are ALL OVER the riverbed), however – I believe you can get a huge bag of them in the landscaping department at Lowes/Home Depot for under 10 bucks, you’ll just need to rinse them off.

Total Price for 30 centerpieces $199.00, That’s less than $7 bucks each!  I rock!

Centerpiece.jpg picture by mrsmelaniemorrison

Message was edited by: BecomingaMorrison

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 12:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Hey there! have you checked centerpieces ready to use? My friend saved a bunch of money and time by getting gorgeous centerpieces ready to use at Fiftyflowers,com. They have plenty of colors available, so I'm sure you'll find something that match your wedding colors..

Hope this helps! Smile

princessm0m12382 Posts : 37 Registered: 8/13/07
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Angie, what kind of flowers did she get? What did she have to say about them? Because I looked at their site and it seems almost to good to be true! Laughing
DaisypathWedding Ticker

Message was edited by: princessm0m12382

princessm0m12382 Posts : 37 Registered: 8/13/07
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

add some lights to that and it would be complete!
DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Dec 17, 2007 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Hi there, I was searching some flowers for my wedding and I found some beautiful centerpieces. Here is the link so you can check it out. I hope this will helpful for you. http://www.fiftyflowers.com/flowers/Centerpieces_288.htm Rgrs,SJ

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine