Wedding Day Lotion

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Wedding Day Lotion
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 7:30 PM

Can you ladies recommend a good lotion that won't stain the dress?

Right now, I wear Cocoa Butter (it's like a tub of butter)....and I really don't want to wear that on my wedding day bc it sometimes stains certain fabrics.  I love it bc it gives me a nice sheen and it lasts a long time (keeps me moistrarized for a long time).

Is there anything else out there that's similar to do?  I've tried Curel and Aveeno, for some reason they don't do much for my skin.

missrachelk Posts : 72 Registered: 6/26/07
Re: Wedding Day Lotion
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 7:37 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

Try a lotion with shea butter, I've triend a Jergens one that's richer than a regular lotion.

good luck!

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

I've never heard of "baby lotion" staining... I could be wrong. Then again, I just plan on moisturizing my elbows, hands, feet and knees shrug

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

RockChalkChick Posts : 48 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

I'm a big fan of oil sprays - I hate waiting for lotion to set in, and it seems like even the "quick absorbing" stuff takes forever for me! I used to use a spray moisturizer by Nivea but they discontinued it, so I've been on a mission to find something good this winter (summer doesn't bother me too badly, but I get really scaly in winter). I've tried a lot of lotions, oils, and creams over the years, and nothing that works is convenient and nothing that's convenient works!

But I found the convenient/effective combo! - Sephora now makes a "dry oil spray" in several scents... $18/bottle but it was the idea I'd been searching for. Works like a charm - a quick mist over my whole body after my shower and I'm ready to dress in the minute it takes me to get my hair tied back (I work in a vet's office, so quick ponytail is my daily routine). And my skin is soft and supply without being greasy or getting dry/itchy by the end of the night. 

Further bonus - this stuff works well, but I couldn't justify going through $20 every 2-3 weeks since I use it pretty liberally. I've found the real trick is the fine-mist spray bottle (hairspray style) - I filled a travel hairspray bottle with Neutrogena light oil (unscented), and it works almost as well (not QUITE as perfect, but for $5 instead of $20, plus unscented, it's pretty darn good!)

Hope this helps - I haven't ever noticed it staining and it works very well and quickly, too!

WharfHouseBride Posts : 514 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: RockChalkChick

Bridechica, I'm a cocoa butter devotee as well! If you're using the tub form now, try switching to the liquid. It's much less oily than the solid stuff and works very well. I use it daily and have never found it to be greasy once dry. 

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: WharfHouseBride

After my laser hair removal appointments I have to put on this special lotion for 3-5 days....I dont know what is in it but i LOVE this lotion...the best I can find...next appointment I will try to find out if there is a similiar OTC lotion to use

www.militarybride.proboards101.com

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 4:51 PM Go to message in response to: WharfHouseBride

Thanks for your recommendations! 

RockChalkChick...I was in Sephoras today and completely forgot to look into the lotion...even if its just for one day, I'm going to check it out.

Keepingmyname, which brand do you use?  I use Queen Helene and I've tried their lotion and it doesn't do much for my skin either...only the tub of butter...LOL.

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

You might also try Mill Creek's lotion with Aloe Vera & PABA, sold in health food stores.  I've always liked it.  It moisturizes very well and absorbs quickly.
EveT

WharfHouseBride Posts : 514 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

I use Palmer's. They have the tub form, too, but I only use that on my elbows and knees during the winter. Their liquid is much thicker and creamier than any other brand that I've tried, and really keeps my skin smooth all day (it firms, too). 

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

I LOVE vaseline intensive care cocoa butter lotion.  It moisturizes just enough, but absorbs so it doesn't stain clothes.  Also, it's really cheap; so if you don't like it, you're only out like $4!

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 7:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!  I've been so busy with the holidays and work, that I haven't had a chance to look into any of these lotions.  I have off next week, so I'll definitely have the time to look into these lotions.

dmb77 Posts : 3 Registered: 10/12/07
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

My new fave body lotion is Clinique Water Therapy Whipped Body Cream. I use it everyday and it is so light and no smell just a slight clean smell. It is not greasy at all and it has made my skin so much softer. Highly recommend it!

FallEve Posts : 54 Registered: 10/16/07
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

I use a lotion called Pecan Passion from Bath and Body works everyday, its not at all greasy and it smells fantastic, lasts all day too. If you like the cocoa butter smell I think you will like this. Smells good enough to eat!

FallEve

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

After two rounds of radiation treatments in the last ten years, my skin has been left so dry!

I use Revlon's Eterna27 face lotion.  It comes in a cream too, but that's a bit too thick for me.  The lotion feels light but moisturizes well and lasts all day!  A bonus is that it's available in most drug stores and sometimes in WalMart or Target too - AND it wont break the bank with it's price.

Good luck!

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. - Song of Solomon 8:7

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:12 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine