(Sob) I Miss EVERYONE!!!!! Did you all Spontaneously Combust?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 77

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: (Sob) I Miss EVERYONE!!!!! Did you all Spontaneously Combust?
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 8:23 AM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

MRSMCDOWELL You seriously made my day with that comment. I just now saw it this morning and it made me soooo happy!!! thank you so much. You rock. And of course you are KNOWN around here... I know you! Seen you a bunch of times on posts..:) Hope youll post even more ...

BRIDECHICA I miss ya and I know the planning can get stressful toward the finish line.... if you need any help just holler!

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

kelley your story was hilarious!!!! i cant wait to go home and have my roomate read it...she was already laughing hysterically about your holiday songs..

alright i am really missing my wormies from my book worm thread :(

Much love and Support!!

Ashley

Once An Ugly Ducking Soon A Beautiful Swann

Way to go Curvatious Cuties!!! BL4 Here We Come!!!!!!!! 

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I'm still "around". I quit my job and now have 2 jobs and work every day of the week making stressful follow up calls and being car sales assistants (to better put it b*tch work) but you gotta start somewhere right?

I'm usually on only in the morning but these past 2 weeks have been stressful! It sounds like everyone else is doing well though! Good luck for all of those who are in their home stretch planning a wedding!

I'll try to post more since I miss ya'lls so much!! I'm so brides deprived right now... :(

~Lisa

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 2:01 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

Lisa we miss you too!!! Congrats on the new jobs though. I know how you feel. Ive been out straight lately too... between show rehearsals, auditions, 2jobs,teaching,and trying to start my own business. Somethings gotta give. and the funny or not so funny part is... with all these jobs, IM STILL BROKE AS HELL. Got no money. All my jobs pay crap. lol.

Ashly gldad you liked the story. For anyone who hasnt read about my humiliating experience, its over on the Sexthread ...last couple pages most likely. Check it out for a good laugh.

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley!!  Your story was so hilarious!  But I can see why you were embarrassed!  Have you see the bus driver again yet?  :)

-Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

heyah! I'm back!

warning!!!! - don't fall in wal-mart, NO ONE WILL BOTHER TO HELP YOU!!!

THREE -  count'em THREE pharmacists were standig right there and they never even spoke to me!!  Didn't call for help until i asked the 2nd time!

there was a pool of hair product on the floor and I slipped in it, the only perso who came to 'help' wanted to wipe up the spill!!

And today i got the sad news that my storage unit was sold an hour brfore i got there with the money to pay for it Cry my whole ife before i met fh was in thereCry - it's been a bad day

I have missed you all - and am sad for Sue losing her dad.

but there was one thing to laugh about - kel's story - OMG!!!! can we say MORTIFYING?????

What if the hokey pokey really IS 

what it's all about? 

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

Yay lilly!!! Welcome back. 

I hope your better.  I can't believe that NO ONE would help you!!  OMFG!  What if you had been really seriously hurt (like bleeding out) or something.  Geesh! 

I'm soo sorry to hear about your storage unit.  That sucks so bad.

I'm glad your back though.  We've missed you in the book and sex threads!!

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 5:23 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

Thanks so much dustinsgirl!!!

For real - it has been super crazy - and now i m in a law suit with walmart.

I try to tell myself that it was just stuff - it's not working though

:o(

glad to be back!

What if the hokey pokey really IS 

what it's all about? 

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

I'm still around...I didn't spontaneously combust, but I did explode. It took forever to find all the pieces. Work has been driving me into the ground and now I'm frazzled due to the holidays. I'll try and be good and come back around more. 

cll Posts : 270 Registered: 2/10/07
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

Hello everyone.

I dont know if anyone remembers me since I havent been on here in so long. I must of caught the same "pregnancy bug" because I found out right after my birthday that I am pregnant!!!! I am 11 weeks now and our due date is June 20th. We just got to listen to the baby's heartbeat yesterday. What an amazing experience! We are both nervous because we are having a child much sooner than planned (we wanted to get and be married for a bit before we go down that road) but I guess everything happens for a reason. Now I think we are going for a small, intimate wedding, skipping all the big plans that we originally had. We might actually push up the date from Sept. 08 to Feb or March 08 b/c of our child coming and the fact that we are both tired of waiting. I am more than okay with that since I have been getting really fed up with wedding planning. I dont know whether its my hormones or what, but planning has started to aggravate the hell out of me! I just want to be married already. I could care less about a reception, dresses and flowers right about now.

Well congrats to everyone with your weddings, pregnancies, new marriages or whatever new endeavors you are taking on. I come on from time to time, but rarely post anything. Just making sure everyone is alive and well I guess. Bye all.

Waiting for the day to be Mrs. Barnes!

auntofthebride Posts : 9,354 Registered: 4/2/06
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 8:45 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Dear Ms D,

I'm back home, now, from Spain. Thanks for the nice comments.

We had a great time, very busy with a lot of sightseeing. One hotel had unlimited Wifi, but the other one rationed it out. Thus, I spent a few relaxing hours, here and there, surfing the web.

I seriously recommend travel as a way of learning about the world we live in. Seeing people, places and things that are not American is a real education.

I read the Mom with Problems thread when I had limited Wifi, and wrote a quick reply. I thought about that situation off and on during the long flight yesterday. Hmmm....

"We think spending money on a wedding is a waste, but since other people are willing to spend money on our son's wedding, we insist our grandchildren be invited because weddings as family events are so important to us."

Well well well.

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

Really good point AOTB!!  Too bad I don't think MWP is coming back to view the latest round of comments. She was pretty put off by being called a troll.  Oh well, her loss in the end!!  :)

I am glad to enjoyed your trip to Spain!  You should start sharing photos from all your trips!  I am sure you have quite a collection!

Welcome back! 

-Janice 

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Dear Janice,

One thing I thought about while in Spain, is a trip like that would have been totally unsuitable for a honeymoon. We were out and about all day, in museums, famous buildings and other places. By the time we got back in the evening, we were really dead tired.

Even too tired for much of "that"!

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: auntofthebride

AOTB, which part of Spain where you in? I would love to visit spain and since my husband speaks Spanish and he's trying to teach me as well, we were thinking of maybe visiting at some point.

I'm glad you had a good time! 

Posted: Dec 1, 2007 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

Dear Kat,

We spent 5 days in Madrid, then traveled south to Andalucia to visit Granada and Córdoba. We visited the Alhambra and the great Mosque-Cathedral.

I have also been to Barcelona several times, as well as other parts of Andalucia and Galacia. I really enjoyed Barcelona!!!

I speak Spanish, but of the Mexican variety. I was able to get around Spain just great, but had to get used to the different accent. They have some words that are different from Mexican words (like "tortilla"), but that's managable. Everyone could understand what I was saying, and I could pretty much understand them.

It would, however, be tough to go outside the main tourist attractions knowing no Spanish at all.

A really attractive destination for the gringo tourist would be the area around Málaga. There are a lot of British ex-pats there, and thus, English is pretty common. That is on the south coast, which is similar to Mexican resort areas.

One major travel tip: Avoid, if you can, getting a paper ticket. My husband was flying on frequent flyer miles and for some reason he had to get a paper ticket. Checking in with an e-ticket is much easier than with a paper ticket. I was done in about 10 minutes. He had to wait in line for an HOUR with the paper ticket. Plus, with paper, you have to worry about keeping it safe during the whole trip. E-ticketing is the way to go!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine