Serious Monogram Problem!!!

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

stevesgirl326 Posts : 9 Registered: 3/30/06
Serious Monogram Problem!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 10:48 PM

Ok ladies, I need some advice here! I am looking into getting a wedding planner from exclusivelyweddings.com. The problem is that it has a monogram on it, and this is a problem because my name starts with an A and my fiance's first and last names both start with S. That would mean that our monogram would be "ASS" I could really use some advice! I was hoping to put our monogram on a couple of other items (i.e. napkins) but I guess it just never dawned on me what the monogram would spell. I can't exactly have "ASS" on everything! Any ideas would be really appreciated! Thank you!!!

Re: Serious Monogram Problem!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: stevesgirl326

HAHA! 

I laugh because my best friend and MOH went through the same thing when they named thier son.  Their first choice wouls have been "ASS"

I'd say you could do a big S for just your last name or go with AS or SA for the first names only.

www.ewedding.com/sites/ErinandMike08

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 11:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Haha i love it!!! my Fh would be all over it! such a child sometimes i sware!

But i would forget the monogram and use a beautiful design with your last inital in it or use first names or  just go with AS

I have seen some beautiful designs where in the center of the box or whatever it is is just the grooms last inital and its beautiful!

AdorablePlanet.com bridal shower invitations

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

stevesgirl326 Posts : 9 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 11:59 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

I like the idea of only using 2 initials or a design but I really want that bridal oragnizer but it comes with the 3 initial monogram. Maybe I could contact exclusively weddings and explain the situation and see if there are any other options (I'm sure it will be at an additional fee, but I think it would be worth it). I know you can put your's and your fiance's first names and wedding date on the back for an extra $10 but maybe they will put it on the front instead and just leave out the monogram!!! I'll give them a call and post an update.

Thanks for the advice ladies!!!!

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 6:06 AM Go to message in response to: stevesgirl326

Haha, only on the brides forums could you find a post titled "Serios Monogram Problem!!!".  That's not to make fun of you, I just thought it was ironic.

I think you should contact them and let them know the situation.  Is there any reason that you couldn't put your name's initial in the middle, so it would be "SAS"?  We're not having a monogram, so that might be a stupid question (is there a rule?), but it's a suggestion.

Email 45Yes 26 No 0 smile 19

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 6:39 AM Go to message in response to: totobride

Hahaha - I love it! I'd actually go with ASS, because it's so funny! 

Could you do it the other way around? SSA? I'm sure you'd still get some stupid comments 'Did you know that your monogram is ASS backwards?' but at least it wouldn't offend so many people. Or is there a rule that the brides' initials are supposed to be first in a monogram or something? I have no desire to have anything monogrammed, so I have no idea.

Why not forget the monogram idea and spell out something cute with the three letters? My sister's initials spell MAG, which she doesn't like for some reason, so whenever she gets a bag or something with her initials, she has it spell MEG instead (her name is Megan).

Or you could use your middle names (or one of your middle names) and when people ask why you did that, just smile mysteriously and say that your first initials spell out an inappropriate word.  

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: stevesgirl326

Glad I'm not the only one who has monogram issues!  When we registered for a monogrammed table runner (silly, I know, but I LOVE monogrammed linens!) we had his initial, the large last name initial, and then my initial.  It spelled RIP.

*G*  We changed it around to spell pIr, and nobody has noticed at all....

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Ha, ha--I know what you mean. My (maiden) monogram was MES (my parents obviously thought that one through). When I married for the first time, it became MESS. Now that I'm remarried, it's MESSS! Obviously, I don't have my things monogrammed!! If I were you, I might go with the single letter (last name) monogram.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: stevesgirl326

he he...this does crack me up....I know where you are coming from!

I'm not changing my last name...and our initials...well, It's "HI"....no matter what font, size or what ever I use...It looks like "HI"...like I really want "HI" printed all over the place...

So, we are putting fh initial first. 

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: stevesgirl326

What about putting FHs first initial first so that it would be sSa ?

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"  ~Jimmy Buffett

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine