Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues

Online Users: 1,263 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 212
Re: Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm considering booking at the Lake Valhalla Club in Montville.  The view over the lake is phenomenal.  Does anyone know about the quality of food or service?

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Re: Brooklake Country Club
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: OctBride09

Hi oct bride,

I actually got engaged at the Brooklake country club! I wanted to get married there also, but it was too expensive for my budget :-( Anhyway I had my prom there and it was absolutely beautiful. It has a beautiful gazebo (where my FH proposed) and a beautiful view of the lake. the cocktail hour outside would be spectacular in October. I think you'd have a  beautiful wedding there. look into it more, I think you'll be pleased!! AND the food was really good :-) Good luck!

~Tati, WIfe to Rob on Spetember 13, 2008   :-) ~

Our wedding website: robandtatiswedding.weddingannouncer.com/

"You are all I long for, All I worship and adore." - Nat King Cole (From our first dance song)

Leesa926 Posts : 27 Registered: 7/12/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well I booked at Pantagis for 10/10/08.  For my price and what I wanted it was the best for me.

I went looking at a few so here you go.

Gran Centurions - exactly right looks like a post office.  I did not stay for the food tasting and really considered it there - they offer a lot at a great price,  and although they are not technically a church hall I still felt that way.  Definatly worth a look - just not for me

Galloping Hill - I liked the menu and price was great.  Also not as many weddings as pantagis on the same day just liked the rooms at Pantagis much more.

Thanks all

DMBFiredancer Posts : 5 Registered: 9/30/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

leesa - i have never even heard of pantagis until you posted...thank you for giving me another place to check out! what were the prices there? (i emailed them, just waiting to hear back) i'm looking for a saturday night sit down in july 09.

from the video my future hubby said "looks like alot of gold and marble" but we have to check it out in person....

thanks for all the great info, ladies! i am flying in from CA this weekend to see my family (havent seen them since getting engaged in sept) and going to check out the reception center at saint clement in matawan (anyone ever been there?)

http://thereceptioncenter.com/

my parents said the prices were good (under 80) and that the food was excellent. i just need to see for myself this weekend and i'll let you know what i thought.

debbie

null

null

Leesa926 Posts : 27 Registered: 7/12/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:42 AM Go to message in response to: DMBFiredancer

DMB - I have Pantagis price list in front of me.  They have the same price all year (I think they offer discounts Jan/Feb but not sure)
Sat night lowest (chicken marsala) $67.95 highest (surf & Turf) $85.95 There are 12 total choices and you pay for the highest.  Also must add tax & grat 16% and 7%.  This includes full coctail all listed on web.  Just so you are aware:  Fri low/high prices are $52.95/$75.95 and Sun is $58.95/$81.95  

I went to Saint Clements as well.  I loved what they offer.  They have 1 wedding at a time, separate room for coctail.  Pantagis can have multiple weddings and same room but the rooms are MUCH nicer in my opinion.  I wanted to like St Clements really bad but I just did not like the room as much as Pantagis and did not like the outside at all.

definatly check out Pantagis and if you want more Galloping Hill, Gran Centurions and maybe the westwood (I liked westwood from talking to them and looking at web but when I changed from June to Oct the price was $20 more)  Let me know if you have any other questions.  I was also looking at under $80 and all of the above are.  I did not see Gran Centurions but my mom did again not what I wanted but what they offer is nice and 1 wedding at a time

Message was edited by Leesa926 on Nov 6, 2007 2:40 AM

OctBride09 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/5/07
Re: Brooklake Country Club
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 1:45 AM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

Thanks so much for your input YoungMrsSchwager!  Brooklake really is beautiful, and after looking at 8 other places it still seems to be our top pick.  I agree that it is a little more than we wanted to spend, but I think that we might try to save some money in other areas to be able to swing it.  I'm so happy to hear that the food is good because they don't offer a tasting and I was nervous about that.  Thanks again and good luck to you!

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 8:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Anyone ever rent or attend a wedding at the Paramount Theatre in Asbury Park? We are going to visit this weekend & I'd like some opinions

~ STEPHEN & MELISSA - DECEMBER 27, 2008 ~

When is my wedding

Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey ladies... i just booked at the Venetian in Garfield,NJ. The place is rediculous--- SOOOOO much food and fantastic service like u cant imagine. It was between the Valley Regency, Westmount Country Club and The Venetian. They are all around the same price 125++ tax/grat.. THE KEY IS TO BOOK CLOSER TO YOUR DATE!!!!  We waited to book 8months b4 and we saved like $40 pp that way... the places get antsy and want to book every date possible. Our date is Sunday,June 15, 2008. You do have less dates to choose from when u do this but if u are flexible with ur date.. why not? We paid 105 plus tax/grat which comes to a total of 135pp and includes a FULL VIENESSE HOUR!!! If i would have booked 1 year+ earlier, it would have been $175pp.. CRAZY RIGHT?!?!

DMBFiredancer Posts : 5 Registered: 9/30/07
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

thanks for the advice!   congrats on booking your place....now the fun stuff can begin!  i cannot WAIT to have the place out of the way!  yay for you :) !!!!

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: DMBFiredancer

Thanks so much!! I know.. the fun stuff def has begun--- engagement party... photo/video-- still so much to do but its a fun time.. i hope u find a place--- just keep in mind about booking closer-- 90% of the time it makes a big difference!!!:) good luck with everything!!

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fiance and I went to a wedding at the Lake Valhalla club a couple weeks ago. We had the prime rib..it was just so so but I had some of my friend vegetarian dish w/spinach and mozz cheese and roasted red peppers and that was delish. The hors d. were good, not great. Hope this helps

Message was edited by: Photochick11

djandmichelle2008 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/25/07
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Rachel,

I'm having my wedding there next August and the place is just BEAUTIFUL.  My fiance and I really loved the place as soon as we drove in.  And as soon as I stepped foot on the redcarpet and had the white-gloved attendant open the door to welcome us to the Westmount, my fiance and I knew that this was the place to have our reception.  I've never been to a wedding or an event there, but I know a couple people who have... and they all said it was amazing.  We actually came in during our 2nd meeting for a tasting before we booked.  There was a reception about to start so our Banquet Manager snuck us in real quick before they opened the doors and gave us tons of hors d'oeuvres and appetizers and drinks to try.  The place was set up beautifully.  The cocktail room is really the WOW room and caught us immediately.  The ballroom is actually my least favorite part of the place, if I had to pick one, but they're renovating that in the beginning of next year.  I'm nervous to see what it will look like, but I'm hoping it will still look grand and beautiful regardless.  Where else have you been looking?

- Michelle

MICHELLE - AUGUST 2008 BRIDE
BLOG: http://michelleanddjswedding.blogspot.com

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am having my reception at David's Country Inn in Hackettstown, NJ. A saturday in September (min. 125 people) ranges in price from $100 to 125 per person, w/ a friday being $15.00 less p/p depending on package. I was able to negotiate a lower minimum (100 people) and may be switching to a Friday instead due to savings but I thought the information might help.

Lou - the owner/manager is wonderful. The cost covers everything, food, service, full open bar for 5 hours, numerous stations and butlered items, flowers, candles, centerpieces, linens, everything. They only have one event there per day so the attention is completely on you. The food is superb (i've been to a wedding there before and the food was amazing), and the service is spectacular. When I went to the wedding I was a vegetarian and the dish served wasn't vegetarian so they custom made me a meal right on the spot. The building is beautiful and I can't wait to have my event there. I would definately recommend it to anyone who is looking for a classy location which is reasonably priced and is a little different from the average ballroom or country club.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

Has anyone gone to a wedding at The Lakewood country Club?  I booked there for our wedding next September. 
Laughing

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks for all of the great info!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine