Blue & Tan ?

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
Blue & Tan ?
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 3:53 PM

Hi!

My fiancee and I are getting married this coming April.  I am in the process of picking out bridesmaids dresses and wanted an opinion. 

The main color I am going with is sort of a muted blue.  I wanted someway to separate my maid of honor from the rest of the girls.  The lady at the dress shop recommended this metallic tan color -- called "champagne", and suggested I add a matching blue bow to it.

At first I was keen on the idea, now I am having second thoughts. Each girl is wearing a different style dress, but in the same color.

What do you think of this color combination?  I'm worried that there will be too much going on.

With Tan Dress

Message was edited by: khlubb

Re: Blue & Tan ?
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

And this is an example of having the dresses the same color: 

MrsBranch Posts : 97 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think it would look nice.  My FSIL got married about 3 weeks ago, and she had champagne and blue.  Her blue was the Blue Velvet from Davids, so it was a brighter blue than what you are considering, but I still think it would be pretty.  She had a maid and matron of honor in the bright blue, then the other 3 bridesmaids were in the champagnge.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 7:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think it will go on beautifully!  She will sure stand out from everyone else.

litlbit Posts : 192 Registered: 1/19/07
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I like it.  If you want the blue on MOH to stand out more try using a wrap too, or making the sash wider.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine