How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?

Online Users: 1,292 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 57
Re: How much are you/did you spend on your Honeymoon?
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:32 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Not including our trip in our "wedding" budget per se,  but saving up for it on our own. If we have left over budget (getting 5K from each my dad and FH's dad) we will use it for the honeymoon -- but I don't know if we'll make budget (17K). My FH doesn't think of any of the little crap we need & wouldn't have a cake or flowers if it where up to him. (BOYS!)

We're planning it to be a trip to Ireland, but are waiting until we're a little closer to finalizing what we are spending on what (and time is RUNNING out!) ;)  If we can't afford it, we'll keep saving and go a year later. (which I am super bummed about and really hope doesn't happen). Tentatively we're thinking it will cost around 5-6 K. We are taking a 10 day trip (FH still lobbying for a couple days in Netherlands and England) - so will probably end up taking 2 weeks off work. I may not have enough vacation banked by then, and may have to have a few days no pay if HR doesn't approve me "borrowing" vacation time. Frankly, I don't care, practically nothing will stop me from taking as much time off as I want (except getting fired or missing a mortgage payment).  We're going to take a driving tour around Ireland, so we'll probably be pretty busy, with only a few stops spending 2 days in the same location. Gas will be really expensive over there, so we're saving for that too, and I'm secretly keeping a stash of our cash that FH doesn't know about for souvenirs because I'm not having a repeat of our Hawaii trip. He didn't buy anything for ANY of his friends or family - so I had to give him half the T-shirts and coffee I brought back for MY friends and family. I was so irked. So whenever I find a few of his bucks or change lying around, or doing laundry - I put it in a little piggy bank so I ... errr I mean HE can spend it later. He never misses it. Wink We are both from Irish descent and I'm sure our families will love little trinkets brought home just for them from the old country. 

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:38 PM Go to message in response to: Alitone

My FH student taught for 6 months in Thailand when we were in college (the semester before I met him).  He said stuff was CRAZY cheap there, and to get away he would sometimes stay in 5 star resorts that were quite reasonably priced -- and massages and spas there are cheap too he said.  After that ... I TOTALLY don't want to ever know what happened there when he was single. ever. KissInnocentWink

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

My FH and I decided that our honeymoon is one of the most important parts of the wedding. We are spending about 8-9K on our honeymoon. This is NOT included in the budget for our wedding. We are taking three weeks off. We have not lived together so the honeymoon is going to be really exciting for us. After talking to several close family members ... they said that having a lazy honeymoon that consists of just lounging on the beach got boring and they got sick of each other. 

So.... My FH are going to Rome for a week then talking a ten day cruise. The ship stops in croatia, three places in greece, turkey, sicily, malta. A couple other places. Then back to Rome for a couple more days.

We chose this for our honeymoon so we would have a combination of busy sightseeing and being lazy and lounging. Our airfare is 3K the cruise is 4k Our hotel room in rome we are using reward points from his credit card but at that particular hotel would have been around 2k. The rest we are planning for spending money. 

callibug9 Posts : 8 Registered: 11/3/06
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

we definitely have it included in our budget! i figure if we end up getting monetary gifts or anything from our families towards a honeymoon it will just be extra later. we have family friends that offered their vacation house on an island in central america where there is supposed to be spectacular snorkeling! every bride needs some relaxation time after the wedding, and i plan to park my but on the beach with a drink and occassionally take a break to snorkel--that is the plan for 2 weeks! we only really have to spend money on the plane tickets and spending money. i am taking off almost a month from work, so i have almost the whole week before the wedding off and then i have almpst a week after the honeymoon to change my name and organize the house and recover, etc.
Calli Cool

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

we planned on paying for our honeymoon ourselves, lucky for us his mom is pitching in as a wedding gift.

we looked into all-inclusive packages so there were no surprise costs...and used a travel agent friend who could get us great deals because of her connections...

our honeymoon will be a 6day/5night at a spa resort in the Riviera Maya, Mexico. the total cost will be around $3,500

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 5:42 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Hi I might be responding to this forum a bit late...

I was fortunate enough to have my future in-laws pay for my honeymoon, but we did not want to take advantage of that, so we found two lovely places to stay in tulum mexico for 2300$ including passports, rooms and airfare....total with food will be 3000$...
since I am a teacher paying for a 18$ grand wedding in nyc myself,
this was very kind of them...:)

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 10:37 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Not included in the budget. Probably spending around 2500 - we're going on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

We're "splurging" in my opinion - we picked a balcony room on one of the top decks on their newest ship.

I like cruises because you get to sample a few different places, and the ships are always exciting. They always have a show or a parade or something fun to do. There's a good mix of relaxation and adventure.

We're going through Labadee, Haiti; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Cozumel, Mexico.

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi there. Our 1st choice for our honeymoon is Costs Rica. We are getting married in may 2008. Do you have any suggestion for us ? which hotels did you go to...Did you do alot of excursions etc. thanks!!

Posted: Nov 25, 2007 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Our Honeymoon is not included in the overall budget. We are going WAY overboard and spending a month and a half in Italy and England. We are taking tours around each country and spending way too much money.  If you want I could find the website or give you the e-mail address to our travel agent, she's great and there are TONS of options for all over different tours, locations and length of trips. 

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: Retired

My future hubby and I are going to the British Virgin Islands....not touristy, TONS of beaches, and lots of other activities--all for about 3500 including our own private villa. Our wedding is in May so we lucked out on getting off season rates. we are SO excited...plus it's the US dollar they use (we've been to Europe and it can get expensive), so our 3500 dollars is 1 to 1 on the money exchange part. I can't wait! 

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Well we are not including it in the budget manily becuse its not a big budget factor as a wedding present my grandmother is apart of RCi and is going to exchange a unit for us to go to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and stay in this 80room adult only hotel for 7days. The only thing we ahve to worry about is airline and buying gifts. The hotel is all inclusive so we wont have to worry about food and drinks!

Its just 1/4 mile from the beach tucked away in the gardens on a golf course, quite and relaxing!

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

double post sorry

Message was edited by: coastiebride

Posted: Dec 11, 2007 7:23 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

Hey all!! I know it sounds corny and cheesy, but my FH and I plan to honeymoon at Walt Disney Resort in Orlando. We are staying at the Polynesian resort for 6 days / 7 nights, with entrance to each park, and all food included and activities (boat rental, golfing, spas, etc...) as well. There are also a few extras in the package ( free photo album, special events like watching fireworks in a boat from the water...). All and all, the honeymoon will cost about 9,000 $. If we can get more time off during this, we might hop on a cruise ship out of Florida and go to the Bahamas, adding perhaps another 7,000$. 

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 1:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maggie, dont' think that's corny....we are going to Disney World too! FH proposed there so we decided we wanted to go back! This is not included in our buget and is cosing us about $2500 including food, hotel, airfare, tickets, water sports etc. We are staying at Pop Century b/c well....he will have just graduated college and the other resorts were not in our budget. We are staying for 8 days and I am sooo excited. We are also bringing a bunch of extra spending money! Then, we decided to register for stuff for our honeymoon. (Disney has a registry site for people who are honeymooning there) It is one of the best things we have decided to do!

MelissaSmile

Message was edited by: MelissaJuneBride08

Message was edited by: MelissaJuneBride08

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

if you want to takem a cruise take one out of miami ONLY tampa is great for western cruises but bahamas keys ect miami not to mention they have the newiest ships as well. try looking into sidestep.com i;ve book all my travel thew them love the website! I would try to do saint thomas and saint maarteen (sp) Deffinitly do a balcony room! worth the extra and royal seems to be less children focused then carnival i cant tell you about any of the other ones though i've only cruised with royal (my fav) and carnival but Norwigin i heard is really nice as well

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine