Are you kidding me???????????? NWR

Online Users: 1,234 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33

BriansBride2008 Posts : 814 Registered: 3/26/07
Are you kidding me???????????? NWR
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:20 PM

I just read an article where SANTA is not going to be allowed to say "ho ho ho" anymore, because it is offensive to women.... WTF are you kidding me.....  They now want SANTA to say "ha ha ha", is that not going to be offensive to a child who may think SANTA is laughing at them...  What the hell is this world coming too, I am so disappointed in this world right now!!!!!!!!!

BB2008

AUGUST 16, 2008 

I AM GETTING TO MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!! YEAH!!!

NewMrsSass Posts : 722 Registered: 12/31/06
Re: Are you kidding me???????????? NWR
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

Any woman who is offended by Santa saying "ho ho ho" is a disgrace to our sex...and should promptly remove the oak-tree-sized stick from her ass.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

Please - Santa was saying HO HO HO long before women began taking it as an insult. Anyone who takes a happy exclamation from Santa to be insulting has their mind in the gutter and is entirely too sensitive.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Message was edited by: Bride2008

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

I would think the only women offended by that would be actual HO's and I doubt they're going to visit Santa...
Daisypath Ticker

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

What? No seriously, what? I really think my IQ might have dropped several points after hearing that. How stupid can people be, I mean really. 

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

I saw that article as well, and I have the exact same reaction.  WTF!  I just don't get it, it's a sad sad thing when they're even picking on Santa now!

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

Where was the article? I would liek to read it.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:00 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Thats pretty much THE dumbest thing I have ever heard. No wait.. how about last year when they changed the name of the tree in Boston from the Christmas Tree to the HOLIDAY TREE????!!! Like Ive said many many times, we are getting WAY too politically correct in this country, and its becoming insane.

In my standup routine I take classic XMas songs and rewrite them so they are politically correct. Sing along everyone... you know the words....

Oh Holiday Tree, Oh Holiday Tree, Youre Vague and Nonoffensive

Rudolph the multi-colored nonspecific animal of your choice, had a very shiny nonspecific anatomical part......

and my favorite: Frosty the Snowperson, was a Happy...but not happy like homosexual; not that theres anything wrong with that of course, to each their own... Jolly, but not jolly like fat because that would be wrong... soul. Unless of course you dont believe in souls then thats okay too.

I think the songs will catch on.

We are becoming a country of ...excuse me...politically correct pussies. Ohgee imm sorry, did I say pussies? Is that offensive?

AAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok so I have been venting about this all day when someone in my office mentioned that they are removing "IN GOD WE TRUST", from money and putting "IN COUNTRY WE TRUST"  Has anyone heard about this.....  My head may exploded today!!!

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:12 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

I have heard of small group's of people who wanted it done, but not that it was actually happening. Maybe I am just clueless though . . .

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

People are getting too touchy but (to tie in the racism thread) people are okay about making some racist remarks! What is the world coming to?!

So what's dear ole Santa going to say now? Did it say in the article?

Kelley-
Along the lines of the Christmas tree, there was a huge controversy over the Christmas tree last year at the Sea-Tac airport. They will not be having one this year because a religious group said something about it.

~Lisa

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:27 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

Seriously, it's getting rediculous!

Some schools didn't allow Halloween parades last month....I don't remember why exactly but it seems like all the things that were not an issue 10 years ago are now becoming issues. It pisses me off....

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

Lisa ~ Santa will say " HA HA HA"......  Are you kidding me....  I can see it now.. My daughter will be up there Santa will say that and she will ask him what was that for why are you laughing at me?

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

Ok, I have to get this off my chest. It is a friggin CHRISTMAS tree. Why is it a CHRISTMAS tree?! Because CHRISTIANS are the people who put them up, not other religions. If you want, put up any other religious symbol, a menorah, the candle holder used for Kwanzaa (I apologize, I don't know it's exact name). But do not change the name, because it is a CHRISTMAS tree.

I will start calling it a holiday tree the same time a menorah becomes a winter candle holder.

Message was edited by: Bride2008

MrsBranch Posts : 97 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:36 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I saw it on the msn homepage today.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine