Are you kidding me???????????? NWR

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 33

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
Re: Are you kidding me???????????? NWR
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

Sorry, BriansBride. I read your OP but for some reason what Santa will say part totally escaped my memory.

Poor kids! I can see it now, at the mall, Santa "laughing hysterically" while all the kids are crying! Will this be taking effect this Christmas? If not, we should all record Santa saying "ho ho ho" for the last time so when our grandchildren say "Santa says 'ha ha ha'" we can say "once upon a time, a long time ago Santa said "ho ho ho".

~Lisa

MrsWhtrse04 Posts : 116 Registered: 3/1/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

This hurts my head, really it hurts... 

kelly I laughed for like five minutes when I read your holiday songs!!!

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 12:53 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Bride2008 i am right there with you its a im sorry a fu**king christmas tree people get it right they have been having this debate for quite sometime i remember many years ago when i worked at JcPennys i had to say happy holidays that didnt work out too well! everyone needs to grow up and grow some god damn balls around here!! this really makes me sick Santa say Ho Ho Ho dumn just ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

running of screaming

AdorablePlanet.com bridal shower invitations

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Check out my personal site :myspace.com/dixidarlinxo

Check out my wedding website too: http://jharrellandbpittman.weddings.com

PrincessAurora Posts : 89 Registered: 11/16/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 3:35 AM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

I agree, how silly! leave the holiday alone...

- The Future Mrs. Kelly Prather
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 6:51 AM Go to message in response to: PrincessAurora

This absolutely infuriated me.  Since when is Ho Ho Ho offensive?  If I took kids to the mall and Santa said Ha Ha Ha I would probably punch him.  What women did they ask because they sure didn't ask me...

And, if while I'm leaving Wal-Mart I am ever told "Happy holidays" "season's greetings" or any similar thing again I will stop going there.  I mean I celebrate Christmas, but it would almost be better if they wished me a Happy Kwanzaa.  At least I would know what they meant and just understand their religion is different.  I'm OK with different - but not OK with everyone believing we all have to be the same so we'll tell people Happy Holidays - which is just short for Happy Christmas, Haunaka, Kwanzaa, Yule, and any other holiday I may have forgotten to list. Arrrggghhh. 

Or maybe the government can come up with a national non-holiday Holidays.  It will be called Holidays and celebrated smack in the middle of all the other holidays.  At least that way, when someone tells me Happy Holidays they would be referring to something specific we could all agree with.  Besides, I could use another day off work between Thanksgiving and Christmas - oh, is my employer bad for giving us Christmas Eve and Day off? LOL

It's "Ho Ho HO!!!" with a few exclamation points.  Geez.

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 9:22 AM Go to message in response to: MrsBranch

I agree with everyone here. Isn't the reason we celebrate Christmas is because it is Jesus's birthday? Even though some say that He really wasn't born on Christmas, but born in June or something like that. But we have President's day, MLK Jr. B-day, Columbus day (even though he really didn't discover America), Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparents Day, Veteran's Day, etc.

Why can't we remember someone in the right way, that also sacrificed Himself for others just as well as the other special days that we celebrate? 

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:09 AM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

I would REALLY like to see this article because it is so ridiculous, it sounds like it might have been written by The Onion or something and not in any seriousness.

JenlovesDon1, well, yes, many people celebrate Christmas because it is Jesus's birthday but not everyone.  I'm not trying to be combative or start anything, I just wanted to let people know that there are all different kinds of people out there and all different points of view, none of which is better than anyone else's.  I, for example, am an atheist but I totally celebrate Christmas and Easter.  For me and my family they are traditions, a time for families to get together and celebrate things we don't normally celebrate like goodwill towards man, etc.  For us, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus, God, or anything like that.  I guess what we follow is closer to the original spirit of that particular day which was celebrated as Yule long before the time of Jesus.  Yes, it is believed that Jesus was born in the summer or something but the reason the celebration of his birth was changed to December 25 was because the pagan holiday of Yule was already celebrated that day and it was easier to get the pagans to convert to Christianity if they, the converters, simply changed the meaning behind the existing holiday rather than try to get the pagans to drop Yule entirely and celebrate Christmas in June.  This is just historical fact, the reasoning behind why we celebrate Christmas on the day we do.  I might be a little off in my explanation but the general gist is correct.  for the record, DH and I and the other atheists in my family are just atheists and not pagans.  Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with pagains, I just wanted to make it clear where I was coming from.

As an atheist, I have zero issues with other religions as long as they don't try to impose themselves on me.  Someone mentioned being upset that some people were upset about "In God We Trust" being on our money.  Well, I admit that I don't love it.  I mean, imagine if it said "In Allah We Trust".  You wouldn't love that because it does not express your beliefs.  I am not a militant atheist, I truly believe that everyone has the right to worship the way they want (or not at all) so I am not out there shouting protests about our money.  However, I hope I am not opening up a can of worms here since nobody brought it up yet, but I do not like the insertion of God into the pledge of allegiance.  The pledge was originally written as "one nation indivisible...", not "one nation under God, indivisible..." and I believe that it is more inclusive the original way, not only to atheists but also to those who are spiritual and worship a higher power other than the Christian God.  Again, I am not out there shouting protests about it but if a vote came up I would DEFINITELY get out there and have my vote count towards what I believe in.

Now, back to the original topic!  A Christmas tree is a Christmas tree and should be referred to as such.  Have a menoral and a Kwanzaa whatever out there, too.  Frankly, it would be nice to see more public recognition of other cultures instead of JUST Christmas... although I do love Christmas and looooove all the decorations!  :)  I just think they could do other ones, too.

As for companies telling their employees to wish customers "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", well, that is just good business.  So what if they don't acknowledge YOUR celebration, they are just trying to spread good cheer, would you rather they not do it at all?  I do think that each employee should be empowered to make their own decisions on the fly and be able to wish someone who is obviously celebrating one particular holiday the appropriate greeting.  Like, if I hit Target wearing a Christmas sweater (as if!  Sorry, most of them are kind of hideous!) and a Santa hat the employees should be allowed to wish me a Merry Christmas.  Right now I don't think they can and that is the major flaw I see.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

Newsjunkie, it does sound like something the ONION would write...but its real. I saw the story myself last night on the news. DH and I both did. His face just turned white and he was speechless. It was some school somewhere or some town or whatever, I cant remember the details but it was some moron deciding that HO HO HO is now randomly offensive and instead we will say HA HA HA. what the hell kind of Santa would say HA HA HA??? That makes no freakin sense!!!! "Happy Random Holiday..HA HA HA!!!!" Thats actually kind of creepy. lol.

And thank you WHT ...the holiday songs are much funnier when I actually sing them rather than type them out, but if yousing them to yourself, you can get the idea... glad you liked it:)

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

OOOOOH Santa!  I LOVE it when you call me a . . . . .  OK ENOUGH with the Fantasy!!  LOL  I can't believe that.  How in the world are they gonna replace Ho Ho Ho with Ha Ha Ha or some other crazy saying . . . So what happens to the Santa's who forgets to use the new slogan? 

Hey Santa. . no more Ho, Ho, Ho's!!!!   LOLOLOLOL  WHAT THE?!?!?  I'M SORRY, THE REALITY JUST HIT ME. . . THAT IS JUST TOO CRAZY!!!!   HO HO HO. . . . NO NO NO!!!! 

BriansBride2008 Posts : 814 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

So we are sitting on the couch last night with the kids and watching the news half heartedly when that clip comes on about what I read...  my daughter who is 8 looks at me and says "mommy why would they want Santa to change?"......  " What is so bad about HO HO HO?"... "If he is real then how can they make his helpers change the way the imitate him?"(mind you she is on the edge of is he or isn't he real, and now this is just pushing her out of the is he stage....ahhhhhh

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

I AM GETTING TO MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!! YEAH!!!

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

What about the Green Giant?? Doesnt he say Ho Ho Ho Greeen Giant.

This world... Its the Religous right...  Thats what i think!

This is so annoying... And I'm considering bringing kids into this world... I don't know anymore... I just don't know

http://DarellandMariam.brides.com

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

To quote my FH "If members of the West Borough Baptist Church can stand outside a soldier's funeral by a cemetary with signs that say 'God Hates F*gs' and be protected by freedom of speech, then Santa can say HO HO F*CKIN HO!"

****DISCLAIMER**** Neither my FH nor myself agree with the actions and beliefs of the West Borough Baptist Church.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

BriansBride2008 Posts : 814 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

you said it....

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

I AM GETTING TO MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!! YEAH!!!

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

Actually that is in Austrailia, not here in the states...I heard about that on the radio...

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

""Ok so I have been venting about this all day when someone in my office mentioned that they are removing "IN GOD WE TRUST", from money and putting "IN COUNTRY WE TRUST"  Has anyone heard about this.....  My head may exploded today!!!""

I actually on the other hand, would like to see that happen along with "one nation under God" taken out of the pledge of allegence. Not EVERYONE believes in or trusts god.

To those who do, great. But, I for one don't believe or "trust" so why should it have to constantly be in the faces of "non-belivers" or athiests, or agnostics? Really it's wrong. Church and state are supposed to be kept seperate.

But, on the holiday stuff, my daughter (she is in first grade) for Halloween, it was "big pumpkin day".....and you could NOT do candy or anything like that and the kids weren't even allowed to wear their own costumes, they had to be the same thing as the whole class, which has to be revolved around thier cirriculium. Which I thinkis BS...I am all about education, but come on...the are KIDS after all!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine