Pet Names?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 25
Pet Names?
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:35 PM

I was just wondering what everyone else called their FH and if there is a story behind it.  I think it's funny how nicknames stick!

I call my FH Bube (pronounced Boobie) because it is German for "Little Boy".  He's 6'4" and 350 pounds.  It was really funny calling him that on the football field!  He calls me "Boo".

My cousin and her fiance call each other Blinky and Blinken.  I don't know why.

www.ewedding.com/sites/ErinandMike08

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Re: Pet Names?
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 3:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Good idea for a fun thread!

My hubby calls me "princess" and "monkey toes". The story behind "Monkey Toes" is he gets totally grossed out that I can spread my toes, kinda like fingers. Kinda gross, but it's funny when I do it!

I really don't have any pet names for him, except the typical "honey" and "sweetie".

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

This is going to be such a fun thread!!

My hubby calls me "sweet cheeks" "princess" "wifey-poo"

I call my hubby "honeybunny" "sweety" "HUBBY" "Bubb"

I became a MRS...11/3/07!

When is my wedding

WharfHouseBride Posts : 514 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH calls me "Lady" and "Miss". He spends a lot of time with his 89 year old grandfather, and I think that's where he's picked it up from. 

I usually just call him "Hun" or "Baby". He has the same name as my brother, step-dad and godfather, and I feel weird using it sometimes. 

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Everyone calls me Baby, FH, friends, and family.  I really only go by my real name at work.  I call FH Toadie b/c his wrestling name was The Toad.

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane"  ~Jimmy Buffett

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm cougar because my sisters called me that when I was dating a younger guy. He is bear, usually though its sleepy bear, hungry bear, repair bear, etc. And I'm not sure why he got nick named bear, but we use it all the time. Or sometimes we call each other Peter and Lois from Family Guy.

Our cat is named Baby (her name when we got her) and if we call each other Baby, we just ignore it until the person gets mad and is like "Why aren't you answering me?" and I'll say "Oh, I thought you were talking to the cat!"

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

hulabride08 Posts : 270 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

This is a cute idea! 

I call my FH "honey pot" or "pookie bear".  Not sure where I thought of honey pot, but pookie bear started off as a joke.  I was trying to think of the most obnoxious pet names, said that one, and ironically, it stuck!

He calls me the typical "baby", or once in a while "snookums".

Can't wait til my Honey Pot is my Husband!!!

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

That's funny about the cat.  Sometimes FH will call me from another room, but he uses the same tone he does with our dog so I just ignore him!

www.ewedding.com/sites/ErinandMike08

bksummer08 Posts : 165 Registered: 6/14/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is embarassing but my FH and I call each other Pooter. We were driving one day and saw a green billboard and the only thing it said was "Poot" on it & we thought it was so hilarious because it was pointless.

We never call each other that unless we're alone but on Halloween I had a lil too much to drink and I called him Pooter at the bar and our friend was like, Uh...did you just call him Pooter?? lol

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Lately the most common thing I call FH is baby or sugar. They're just the first things that come to mind. I actually used to call him monkey all the time...no clue why. Now it's only every once in a while I say that now. It's pretty funny though because we always mess around calling each other names and he'll make fun of my family or something and then I'll say something about visiting his family at the zoo...hehe. At least we find it funny!

Really all he calls me is baby, honey, sweet cheeks...this is gonna be a good thread :)

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: bksummer08

We call each other "Bay"... short for "Baby". Simple, but it gets the job done, lol.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

Rebekah25May08 Posts : 99 Registered: 2/7/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I call my FH "Peachy" it started out that he was my little "Peach Plum".  one of the girls that i worked with said to me one day, "your little peach plum is soooo cute" so eventually it just turned to "Peachy"  and my FH calls me "Honey Bee" it started with him calling me "Honey" and it's just turned into "Honey Bee"    it's really funny because when i'm at work talking with the girls i'll be talking and i'll refer to him as Peachy and they just laugh and think it's the cutest thing. so everyone once in a while when he comes in to visit me one of the girls will call'em Peachy and he loves it. 

Daisypath Ticker

i can't wait to marry my Peachy!!!

Breezer80 Posts : 94 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: Rebekah25May08

Haha! I love this! I'm not sure where it came from, but I call him Marble or Meeble. His name is Mark, so I think the Marble came first as some sort of take on his name. More often than not, though, I call him Squishy or Squashy, 'cuz he's JUST SO SQUISHY!

He calls me either Little Face - he says my head is small :( - or Squishy or Squashy or some form of that. We're such nerds. I love pet names!!!!!!

Laughing Marrying my favorite little ladybug - and it's getting so close!!! Wink

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Besides the usual Babes that we eachother.. Bubba, which stemed from calling our dog that.. (Pups real name is Teddy) and he calls me Angel..

My cousin calls her's Bitch.. Hahaha!! The funny part is.. he actually responds to it.. haha quite amusing! :)

I Get To Spend The Rest Of My Life With My Best Friend.. Does It Get Any Better?  Smile

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Aww cute thread!

I call my FH peanut butter, sweetums, sweetiebums, love bunny

And he calls me sweetie, love muffin, sweetiebums, and beautiful.

peanut butter came about b/c one night I had a dream that we were detectives and he was peanutbutter and i was jelly LOL so it stuck and sweetiebums is what I used to call my cat and that stuck and love bunny, my sister said it once to her hubby b/c she was trying to get him to do something and we made fun of her and that stuck.

I get the greatest Birthday present of all, marrying my love, Matthew...We get married on March 29th!  My bday is March 30th! Angela

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine