Any 30+ Brides Out There?

Online Users: 1,256 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 411

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

MuffinB - No my godson is not in the wedding. We had to limit the amount of kids. I have 8 kids already in the wedding. FH 2 children, my 2 nieces, his 2 nieces, and my 2 nephews.

I would post all of their pics on here they are all so cute but I don't have any in the computer except my FH's son at his football game.

Isn't he cute!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

WeddingBelle6 Posts : 132 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 1:04 AM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

Hi Trina!

Both kids in the pic are very cute! Sounds like you had fun babysitting!

Katie

WeddingBelle6 Posts : 132 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 1:07 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hi MuffinB!

Welcome- of course you can join our group! I am in law enforcement too, so it is nice to find a fellow "sister in blue" on here!

Happy planning!

Katie

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Thank you all for the compliments on the church.  It was built in the 1800's.  I used to attend as a child and still have family who go every week, that is why it is so important to me.  I will try to find pix of the inside, but I have not found any as of yet and I have been looking really hard!

Wow, MuffinB..both place are so beautiful.  How far in advance do you have to book them?  I booked mine in January 2007 and I am so glad I did.  I would call them just to be sure, you never know who else may have the same idea!

Wow Trina, your bridal party sounds great.  I can only imagine the anticipation everyone will have to see you!!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hey Ladies,

Welcome MuffinB! Sounds like you have your master plan,everything sounds great and those churches are just beautiful

Newfie- Wow your church is fantastic as well,it's huge and very historic looking I would love to see the inside

Trina- aww the boys are too cute..I'm sure your godson was on his best behaviorWink

DaisypathWedding Ticker

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

Thanks for the welcome, virgobride and Katie!

We are going to start making deposits and booking stuff by Feb./March of next year which would be about a year and a half before the wedding so we should be ok as far as getting the sites we want.

I don't know if you guys already talked about this on this thread before but I'm curious: where are you guys going on your honeymoon?

We don't know yet if we're having a honeymoon right after the wedding or if we're going to wait, buy a house and then maybe go on a nice vacation for our 1st year anniversary.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

MuffinB - We do not have honeymoon plans as of yet.  I am taking 2 weeks off of work for the occasion.  We are getting married in my home province which is 3,000 miles away from where we live.  We visited for a short but quick 4 day weekend in September ( to meet with all of our vendors), but...by the time June rolls around I know I am going to have alot to do, even though my vendors have been fabulous to work with from so far away, I am one of those 'hands on' brides so I would like my unique little touches....(not to be confused with a bridezilla, I am just very crafty and detail oriented)Laughing

Apologies, I was a bit side tracked....after the wedding we are heading to Florida for a few days, my aunt is letting us stay in her home on the ocean (siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh) just to relax and unwind.  Keeping all of that in mind we are going to hold off on the honeymoon.  We want to travel to Italy and other parts of Europe so we'll need to save vacation time and money.

What is everyone else doing?

What is everyone else planning?

ChristyEason Posts : 443 Registered: 11/6/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:37 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Hi!  Me and my FH are 36.  This is my 3rd and his 2nd.  Finally got it right. Laughing  And doing it my way this time.

Christy

Message was edited by: ChristyEason

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

Welcome Christy!

The honeymoon is FH to plan. When I told him to plan it I didn't mean for him to keep it a secret from me. But now he's getting a kick out of surprising me. So I drop hints - I want to g to Hawaii or Bahamas. I've been to both places and it is fun and relaxing.

We don't get to go for very long because he starts the PhD in Education program the week before our wedding.  But that's ok. We'll just have 4 luxury days instead 8 budget ones. LOL!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

Nikkisticks Posts : 52 Registered: 5/25/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

newfie,

what part of florida will you be going to? I live in florida, so I was just curious!

My FH and I have no honeymoon plans as of yet....one of the vendors we deal with in our business has invited us to go to bolongo with the company....anyone ever been? doesn't look so hot to me when I look it up on line?

I was thinking maybe aruba....I've never been there before.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

newfie,

what part of florida will you be going to? I live in florida, so I was just curious!

My FH and I have no honeymoon plans as of yet....one of the vendors we deal with in our business has invited us to go to bolongo with the company....anyone ever been? doesn't look so hot to me when I look it up on line?

I was thinking maybe aruba....I've never been there before.

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:17 PM Go to message in response to: Nikkisticks

Welcome Christy!

deltagirl, that is so funny he is keeping it a surprise for you..I'm sure you can get it out of him Wink

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

Welcome Christy!

Deltagirl - How fun that your FH is planning your honeymoon.  That is so romantic, I know you will savor your 4 days....sounds great!

Nikki - We are going to St. Pete's beach!  What part of Florida are you in?  I have never heard of Bolongo, I just googled it.  It looks nice and tropical!

I love tropical sunsets and calypso bands...so romantic.  My FH is nervous around water so by the time the honeymoon comes around, I think we'll do somewhere in Europe...I LOVE it over there.....

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

newfie,

I'm in belleair, which is right next to clearwater...about 20 minutes from St. Pete.....it's nice here, you'll enjoy yourself I'm sure! The only thing with bolongo is that it's just a very small resort, with not much to do besides water sports, and I read some reviews, and they weren't that positive, so I don't know....we'll see, I guess I have some searching to do :)

ChristyEason Posts : 443 Registered: 11/6/07
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: ChristyEason

I am calling my preacher to day to get the church for the wedding and have him officiate.  We haven't decided on a honeymoon yet.  We have 3 kids at home and I am very picky about who I leave my kids with.  And they are a wild bunch so there is a limit on who I want to drive crazy while I am away that I can trust with them.  I thought about seperating the kids with different reletives so maybe that will work.  I might talk to Sandy a friend of ours they like going to her house she has kids their age, and they don't  drive her crazy.  Don't get me wrong I love my little rascles.

I think it is cool that your FH is going to surprise you with the honeymoon.  That is so sweet, and romantic.

Christy

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine