NWR: Christmas Presents?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
NWR: Christmas Presents?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 4:58 PM

I know that there's a Christmas thread up but I wanted to start a Christmas presents thread. I went to the mall the other day (I hate walking around and browsing during the holiday rush) to get ideas of what FH might want this year.

So... what are you thinking of getting FH/DH? What do you secretly want this year? If your FH/DH looks at this, you don't have to post it but I thought it'd be a fun idea. And maybe we can bounce ideas back and forth if you're stuck on what to get him!!

I'll start:
I think I want to get him the elite X-Box 360 (he's totally in love with the black one). I'm also thinking about getting his bass guitar fixed, our cat knocked it over and broke the rod in the neck so it just needs to be tightened but I don't know how to sneak it out of the house or even where I can get something like that fixed. Any guitar players out there who can give me some sort of direction? Do I take it to the guitar/music store?

I secretly don't know what I want... He's been badgering me for MONTHS about what I want but I really don't know!!

~Lisa

OnigiriArmy Posts : 168 Registered: 6/7/07
Re: NWR: Christmas Presents?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

I would just call your local store. Most of them will do repairs or at least reccommend somewhere to go. I'd just be careful. I know I'm SUPER picky about where I take my bass. I would pick somewhere where he goes regularly to start off.

Our webpage: http://www.mywedding.com/brentandkristen

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

I'm going to put lots of candy and a few things he needs in my husband's stocking this year, as well as a little bit of 'coal' cause he's been a bad boy recently lol.

I think I'm going to get him a  PS2, he had one that got stolen and he misses it. So I was thinking maybe I could get him that. I'm not one hundred percent sure yet.

As for me? The only thing I really want, but would never ask for because it seems expensive is something I saw in Brookstone, which was a massage bed rest with a light and cup holder. I wouldn't ever ask for it since it's 125 dollars! 

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

Great idea, Lisa!

I'm going to get FH a National Geographic subscription.  His dad has one and he's always trying to steal it.  Plus, it's his super secret dream job to be a photographer for them.  I have to admit, I'd LOVE to write for them too.  We could be a husband and wife team!  But that's another story.

He also wants a good pair of hard-soled slippers, a few 360 games and a bunch of other stuff.  He's already got a list going.

Me... I have no idea what I want.  I told my parents (really my Dad; Mum doesn't celebrate Christmas) not to get me anything, since they're paying for the wedding.  I haven't even thought about what FH might want to get me.  I think I'm becoming too practical.  All I can think of is things we need.  Should I ask for a washer/dryer for Christmas?  Probably not.

-Ness

And when you say forever can't you see you've already captured me. - Mae

Good luck, BL3 ladies!

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 3:13 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

LochNessie-
I would love to take photos for National Geographic. But I can barely take pictures of me and a friend (you know, where you turn the camera around to yourselves and point and shoot) so I'll just resort to looking at pictures. And a magazine subscription, what a great idea! Are you going to start now so it'll get here during the Christmas season?

It's hard to think of what you want for yourself but of course, DH/FH is always going to ask so they don't mess up getting you something you don't want.

~Lisa

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

My husband wants new computer speakers, so he can watch more you tube! I want to get him an automatic car starter.  My mom is making him his own stocking (she knitted all of our stockings...her kids, S/DIL's, all 10 grandchildren).  I'm super excited that he is getting that from her.

I want a new jewelry box, but not an amoire type. 

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

litlbit Posts : 192 Registered: 1/19/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

FI ad I are going small this year.  We need to save so we're just doing each other's stockings. 

Sounds strange, but I'm way excited about some toys I just ordered off ebay.  Marvel comics did a series where their superheroes were zombies and they totally had these toys (mini mates) which FI already collects!  I oredered them, they should be here by the end of the week.  I'm so excited!

I usually get a movie and a CD to throw in there too.  Or a few.

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Nov 30, 2007 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: litlbit

We probably will not be exchanging gifts.  We spent alot on the wedding and honeymoon and we always spend alot traveling to see family over the holidays.

But.. I did see alot of cute stocking stuffer ideas at Restoration Hardware of all places.

http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/catalog/category/category_w_4products.jsp;jsessionid=IULCPQRONK2UBLAWCUAR5VVMCYKACH20?navSrc=leftNav&navAction=jump&categoryId=cat750002&navCount=1

They have nostalgic stuff like slinkys and rubiks cube, mini gadgets, and all sorts of other things.  I might get the "Joe's Sticky Stuff" for my dad's stocking.  He'd find that funny since his name is Joe and he's always fixing things around the house.  :)

-Janice

Daisypath Ticker

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 1:18 AM Go to message in response to: LisaN

I love all of these Christmas threads!

My FH wants a few more games for his Wii, but I don't want to get them because he hardly ever plays that thing!  It just sits in his room most of the year so I just can't justify spending $50 per game for it.  He hasn't really mentioned anything else that he wants though...I'm still trying to get ideas out of him.

I really want a new pair of sunglasses.  I've had mine for 2 years and they were the cheapy ones from Target and are totally scratched up.  I found a gorgeous pair at the Sunglass Hut but they are $80!  FH doesn't think that's a lot of money for sunglasses but I do.  I usually only spend $20 on them because I seem to lose them/break them/etc.  But if for some reason he DID get me those nice ones, I'd be sure to take goooood care of them. ;)

Other than that I'm not really sure what I want....maybe some lotion from Bath & Body, a couple of gift certificates, a manicure and I'm good.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine