June 09 Brides, Too early to plan??

Online Users: 1,268 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 13
June 09 Brides, Too early to plan??
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 6:27 PM

Just a quick question: My fiancee asked me to marry him last month without a ring. We then picked out a ring together that I love, and knowing him, there will be a big production sometime soon! We set the date for June 06, 2009. Is it too early to begin planning? I am so excited, but I dont want to seem obsessed for 18 months! Should I wait awhile to get excited?
MzzsU0609

[was edited by Mzzmodiva on Nov 4, 2007 6:27 PM

Message was edited by Mzzmodiva on Nov 4, 2007 6:28 PM

Gregslizzy Posts : 197 Registered: 6/11/07
Re: June 09 Brides, Too early to plan??
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think you can ever be too prepared. I will be engaged for about a year before I get married and these first six months have gone by soooo quickly. I am doing and customizing a few things for my wedding and with school and work, I almost wish I had a few more months (six or so) to get it all done.

As far as the excitement goes, I think you are already excited since you've already registered here. And you will only get more excited as you dress shop, see the ceremoney site, talk to your attendants, ect.  Congratulations! Have fun and Welcome! 

Here comes the bride!!

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think it is too early to begin planning, just not quite in earnest yet.  First thing you and FH need to do is establish your budget and what are your "Must Haves" for the wedding.  Once you have a budget, you can start looking at your ceremony/reception venues.  Good venues really do book early, sometimes up to 18-24 months out, especially in the big wedding months, including June! 

Congratulations!  Enjoy the moments that will lead up to your big day! 

Love2uKiss

Message was edited by Love2u on Nov 4, 2007 7:04 PM

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:25 PM Go to message in response to: Love2u

I noticed that! The country club we want booked for that date in September of this year!
MzzsU0609

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:33 PM Go to message in response to: Love2u

Fh and I changed our original date twice, once because our priest had a conflict then and again because the reception venue we wanted was book out on our 2nd choice.  And our parents were floored that we selected a date over 12 months in advance. 

Love2uKiss

December7thBride Posts : 6 Registered: 10/10/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think so at all. My boyfriend hasn't asked yet, but we set a date in December of 2008. I have been kinda collecing ideas and things I like since this past July, and I still don't feel prepared. The funny thing is, the first date he and I talked about and had choosen for a few months was the 7th of June in 2009... (The day after yours) and now that he and I have moved it up, I feel so unready. There is no such thing as "too soon to plan". get a jump start and trust me, you won't be so stressed. Keep it up and congradulations!

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Girl, not too early at all!

I'm already planning for an August 2009 wedding!

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

aww! I've been engaged for a yer this xmas and i have never stopped getting excited and i have alll the way till june 27 09! I honestly haven't started planning myself, but i do a lot of research and browsing around in stores on prices and getting general ideas of things. I take forever to make up my mind. so it is good for me to explore all my options and compare and contrast especially with prices. Be excited now and enjoy preplanning at your own pace. oooo so the ring is picked out and now its anyday now when your guy will get down and propose with your bling?

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 8:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think so! There are three big dates in the next few months, Christmas, Valentines Day and our anniversary in March! I am waiting patiently!
MzzsU0609

UltimatePink Posts : 367 Registered: 10/15/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm going to chime in with it's never too early also. Get everything booked so you're not scrambling at the last minute. Procrastination happens to be my strongest suit, so I would get started early. Plus, you'll be able to plan out our timeline and have some down time while planning.

Example of it's never too early: The country club I wanted to originally book is totally full, every weekend of June 2009! so much for that!

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am in this boat too, MzzsUnderwood!  I am getting anxious!

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: BB84

It's never too early, I'm planning for June of 2009
Future Mrs. TLC

AlmostMrsEverson Posts : 3 Registered: 7/2/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 2:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't think it's too early to plan. My fiance proposed in August and we set the date for July 4, 2009. We are both still in school until May and wanted to wait until we graduated to really get into it. As many people as I've talked to I don't think you ever have enough time!

CathMary Posts : 303 Registered: 10/2/07
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Not at all!! I have a while to go as well, but you only get married once, might as well enjoy every second of it. If nothing else, talk to your priest (if necessary) and your desired reception area and set those dates before they're taken!
Catherine

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine