Any 30+ Brides Out There?

Online Users: 1,300 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 411

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: SillyD

SillyD - welcome and Congrats!!!!

How did he propose?  Was it totally out of the blue or had you guys been talking about it for a while.

You just got engaged -you must still be on cloud 9!

Don't freak out. - You have a date that's a good start and you have over a year to plan.  We can help you not freak out LOL!

Another Cali girl - whew hoo!!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

Message was edited by deltagirl on Nov 5, 2007 2:06 PM

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 3:58 PM Go to message in response to: SillyD

Hi Danielle!

Welcome-- so glad you found us!  We definitely think the more, the merrier around here!  Deltagirl is absolutely right <waves to deltagirl Smile>-- you totally do not need to freak out right now, just enjoy the first few days of being engaged-- there's really no feeling like it!  We love to share details, ideas, suggestions here so you'll have plenty of people who'll be ready to help if you need it!

I will definitely be freaking out this weekend-- we have our e-pics on Friday, right before my sister's rehearsal (I'm the MOH) and her dinner.  I'm also to try and work in a makeup trial before we get the pics taken, but I'm wondering if I'm trying to pile too much on to the day, and if something's gotta give, it'll have to be that.  But maybe I can just clone myself and make it all work Wink.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

SillyD Posts : 9 Registered: 11/5/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi and Thanks to deltagirl and mizhines!

I am just so excited. I have been in lala since last Tuesday, it is a dream come true.

deltagirl...he asked me at Snow White's Wishing Well at Disneyland. I am a Disney Freak, we have annual passports and go all the time so him asking me to go on a random Tuesday was not strange at all.

We walked by the Wishing Well were we like to go every couple visits because it is beautiful and he asked. I was just shocked. We had talked about getting married before just kind of like oh it will happen someday I just did not realize it would be that day. It was perfect.

It is nice to know there are other people in my same boat out there that I can chat with.

Thanks Ladies

Danielle

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: SillyD

Hey Ladies,

Welcome Danielle, Congrats on your upcoming wedding...what a sweet proposal!!!  The girls are right just enjoy the moment for now

WeddingBelle6 Posts : 132 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 6:02 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi Mizhines!

I can't remember if I told you about the wine tour at Keuka- it was really fun and now I can recommend even more wineries- Heron Hill was my favorite of the day!

I still prefer Seneca Lake for a wine tour though- I've decided that's where I'm going for my wine tour bachelorette!

Katie

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 6:04 PM Go to message in response to: SillyD

Hi Danielle!

Welcome to the board! Congrats on your engagement, and what a nice way to propose! I love when the guys get creative!!! Now you have a cute story whenever anyone asks how he proposed!

I agree with the other ladies- just enjoy your engagement for awhile!!!! I was on Cloud 9 for a couple weeks before I did any planning- and now I am all stressed about planning! So enjoy it!!!!

Katie

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

Hi Deltagirl!

I haven't been on here in awhile and just wanted to say hello! Do you have any more pics? You always have the best wedding idea pics and I am in picture withdrawal- haha!

Katie

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Hi Katie -

I was having withdrawls from not being able to get on the computer today.

My MOH had a babysitting crisis today. Normally she could just miss work , but she is an attorney had had to be in court.

So I volunteered to watch her 2 year old son ( my godson).

Needless to say it was a day filled with blues clues and dora the explorer. Instead of "whose wedding is it anyway".

So the only pic today is my cute godson.

He's the one sporting the PJ's at my engagement party.

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

Hello ladies!

I am 28 years old but planning a 2009 wedding so that means I will be 30 when I get married......

Can I join the 30+ brides thread? I feel like I have more in common with and can relate more to 30-somethings than 20-somethings : )

I'll share a little about myself and our wedding.

I'm from souther California- I live about 10 miles east of Los Angeles and work in the law enforcement field in Orange County (about 15 miles south of Los Angeles). FH is 31 and is a --for lack of a better word---computer geek. He does computer / software / server "stuff" which I really have no interest in and when he talks about it I just nod and say "oh, ok, ummm hmmm" over and over.

We've been together for 4 years with a one year break in between (long story). After the break we realized we were meant to be together and got officially engaged in December 2006----the proposal was straight out of a fairy tale. I was serenated while I was sleeping and when I heard the music, I looked out the window, there he was in a tux holding 24 long stemmed red roses, I ran downstairs and he got on one knee...he's definitely the romantic one of the two, although I try my best to be romantic, I'm not too good at it : (

So, we're planning our wedding for August 15, 2009. The colors are pink (only the flowers will be pink though--all shades) black, white and maybe a little sliver for the "bling" effect. We want a very formal, classy and fun event.

We're both Catholic but decided not to have a Catholic church ceremony. We looked at two chapels that are possibilites for our ceremony.

I have my heart set on having the reception at a nice hotel, either in Long Beach or Los Angeles.

We have a wedding planner (she's my best friend's sister who is starting her wedding planning business) so she is going to be a great help.

The bridal party consists of two best men (his two brothers) and two maids of honor (my two sisters). Pretty neat, huh? Most likely we will have 3 flower girls (his two nieces and my niece) and not sure about ring bearer.

Sorry this was so long, I wasn't planning on it but once I got started I just couldn't stop typing.

Since my wedding is not anytime soon, I just want to help you guys any way I can and gather some ideas from you as I go along.

I'll share some pictures too : )

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

I don't know why the second picture looks so BIG! sorry, I'm not very good at posting pictures.....and I also don't know why the font is bigger than normal....??? weird.

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

WELCOME DANIELLE AND MUFFINB! 

Muffin B - of course you can join our community, after all we are all still 29 right?  Giggle!

Hi Ladies, how is everyones week going?  Trina, I agree with Katie...we miss your pictures! 

Katie - what a good idea, a winery bachelorette..lovin it!

Danielle, what a sweet proposal and I too agree with everyone on here.  Enjoy your lala time and just float, everything will come together.  When I first got engaged I nearly passed out in a store once because my cell would not stop ringing with all of the 'congrats' and 'here is what I was thinking for your wedding'.  Put all that aside and remember one thing, the day is about YOU and your FH!!!!!  That is one thing my Father in Law to be told me, just focus on you and you will have smooth sailing!  This is supposed to be an exciting and thrilling time, savor it!

MuffinB, I too am Catholic and so is my FH.  We are non-practicing, but he did agree to marry in a gorgeous ( will post pix soon) church.  There are ways to work around it if that is what you want!!!

Leigh - Will you post your engagement pix when you get them!

Cheers!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 10:26 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

This is my fisrt attempt to post, let's s3e how it goes.  If this is a success, this is the church I will marry in!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/StPatricksChurch.jpg

http://www.TickerFactory.com

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

That church is beautiful!!!

Nikkisticks Posts : 52 Registered: 5/25/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Wow, I agree, what a beautiful church...I bet it's even more beautiful inside!

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Thanks for the welcome NewfieBride2008 : )

Your church is amazing! do you have pics of the inside? I bet it's gorgeous.

Me and FH debated for a few months about whether or not we wanted a Catholic ceremony in a church. I pretty much let him decided since I could go either way. Having a Catholic ceremony is not a priority for me. Well after thinking about the pros and cons he decided we are not having it which is fine with me.

So, if we have the ceremony in Long Beach, we will have the ceremony at this chapel in Rancho Palos Verdes:

http://www.wayfarerschapel.org/services/serv_wed.html

It's a breathtaking, all-glass chapel on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

If we have the reception in Los Angeles, we will have the ceremony at the Pepperdine University chapel:

http://tour.circlepix.com/tour.htm?id=317914&refurl=pepperdine.edu

The stained glass in this chapel looks 10 times better in person, very beautiful. It's on a hill that overlooks the Malibu coastline.

Since we can't decide which chapel we like better, we're researching the reception sites and once we find one, we'll know what chapel we're going to use.

By the way, deltagirl your godson is soo cute : ) is he in the wedding? the little boy holding him is handsome himself : )

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine