Any 30+ Brides Out There?

Online Users: 1,261 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 411

Nikkisticks Posts : 52 Registered: 5/25/07
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 9:21 AM Go to message in response to: Nikkisticks

Hi Everyone,

I received my custom made tote bags yesterday, and they are so cute, I wanted to post the info here in case anyone is interested in totes for their girls!!!

You can go to ebay and click on stores then type in Creative Sewing Boutique and More, or try this link

http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Sewing-Boutique-And-More_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZKM.

the lady's name is Leah, and she's sooooooo nice, she will customize the bag anyway you like, with whatever colors you want, you can configure the inside pockets how you want....she's great!!! She even purchased the ribbon I wanted because she didn't already have it....she has several different sizes you can get the bags in....they're sooooo cute, I just had to let everyone know about her.......if you do contact her, tell her you heard about her from NIKKI or on brides.com. (I told her I was going to post her info on here because of the great job she did!) oh, and she gets them done pretty quickly and ships them fast!!!!

Message was edited by Nikkisticks on Oct 30, 2007 9:22 AM

Message was edited by Nikkisticks on Oct 30, 2007 9:23 AM

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 5:31 PM Go to message in response to: Nikkisticks

Marty08 - I stumbled upon the elegant bride thread and saw some of your mongram designs. They are amazing!

Are you up to doing anymore? My FH really likes the whole monogram look so I want to incorporate it into our wedding.

I know you are also busy planning your own wedding so I understand if you don't have time.Laughing

deltagirl (Trina)

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: Nikkisticks

Hey Nikki,

I am getting married in MA (go BoSox!)-- my parents still live in the town I grew up in (Amherst), but their church just built a new site so we're getting married in Hadley (the town next door) and having the reception at the Hotel Northampton (about 15 mins. from the church).  I'm so excited-- it's such a beautiful time of year there.  I've also visited Foxwoods a few times, as well as Mohegan Sun (one of my BMs' mom's is a "high roller" there so we go to see shows and stuff for free, which is good because I never win anything!)

If you don't mind sending me the coupon code, that would be terrific (swanneyleigh@hotmail.com)-- work has been INSANE lately and probably will be until the end of the year (I just started a new position so I'm still finding my way), but hopefully I'll have time to work in some more planning and this would be a great help!  I have some pics/info. on containers if you're interested-- we want to have chinese takeout containers that we're planning to put labels on and my cousin sent me a bunch of info.  I also have info on bulk candy ordering too, so let me know about that too!

Have a great night!
Leigh

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hello again NewfieBride!

FH and I have been together for 4 1/2 years, so I've been to Ireland a few times.  My job takes me to Europe quite a bit (I should say, my "old" job at the same firm-- I recently switched positions so I won't be travelling as much), so it's been very easy to plan short trips to see his family over there after my business is done.  It's funny, the past couple of years I've been in Ireland more than him!  i completely second your opinion about Ireland-- it is such a beautiful place to visit, flights aren't too expensive (but they are on the Euro so everything will cost you more when you get there Money mouth),  If anyone is interested in recommendations for places to visit, let me know!

Cheers,
Leigh

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 11:34 AM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Mizhines,

Ok, I'm from cape cod originally but my FH is from the springfield area originally.......I love love love the fall in NE, wish I was there for it!

I will email you the coupon code for restockit.com, it doesn't have any specifics with it, like a minimum order or anything, so you should be able to use it no matter what....that's like getting 5 scoops for free! not bad. I actually have all of my containers already, have been picking them up here and there for the last 6 months or so, I'm using white glasine bags with a custom label on them.....are you putting a framed saying on your candy buffet table? That's one thing stumping me.....like do I want to just say...."Love sweet Love" or a poem or something? any ideas? I've rummaged almost all of the big bulk candy websites and found which candies I want from which ones...like candywarehouse, kjkkandies, metrocandy, bulkcandy....I think are the main ones...I have a couple pages of written notes just on candy :) but if you have any others, please feel free to share!

Thanks,

NIkki

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: Nikkisticks

Just found this thread - I'm 31 and will be 32 for my wedding next summer (and my hot younger FH is 28, hehehehe).  So glad to have waited until this age!

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Welcome kas141 - When I first started dating my FH he was 29 and I was 32. I LOVED saying I had a boyfriend in his 20's LOL!

Anyway - Congrats and glad you joined us on this thread. These ladies have some wonderful insight to all this wedding stuff!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 3:05 AM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

I just discovered this post!  I'm 31.  And my FI is 29.  He has a hot "older" woman.  It is the first marriage for the both of us.  I will be32 and he will be 30 when we get married.  I am so glad I waited to find the right guy.  I know we will be together forever.

Some info on our wedding... the colors will be, black, platinum, and pearl... it will be an elegant, timeless, classy, and glamorous affair!  I am also a September 2008 bride in Los Angeles!  Let's share ideas and help get eachother organized!  These boards are amazing!

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey Ladies! How is everyone today?

Whuuu huuu to us who have young stallions,count me in on that too!!!!

Welcome kas141 & glamgirlSmile

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 10:29 AM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

Anyone out there got an older man? LOL, I'm 14 years younger than my FH, so I guess he's in the same boat as you all are!!! :)

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: Nikkisticks

Welcome KAS141 and Glamgirl!!  KAS141 you are getting married on my birthday!  Congrats to you both!

Nikki - Yes, I too am younger than my FH - 10 years.  Also, for your candy bar I was thinking about what you said about having something framed.  Have you heard the song 'Ice Cream' by Sarah McLaughlin?  You could print out the lyrics or even a portion where she sings 'Your love is better than chocolate..better than anything else that I've tried"  I love little details like this especially when it comes to music!

Leigh - That is GREAT that you have been to Ieland so many times.  I cannot WAIT to go back.  I would not mind moving there either!

How was everyones Halloween? 

http://www.TickerFactory.com

WeddingBelle6 Posts : 132 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 5:35 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

NewfieBride,

I love your idea for the Ice Cream lyrics!!!!!

Katie

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hi Newfie!  I agree with Katie-- the "Ice Cream" lyrics are a great idea (and another possible idea for me to steal Wink)!  I am also younger than my FH-- only by a year, but it still counts!

Welcome KAS141-- woohoo, it's Friday!  I'm in DC for the day on business, and I just realized I can take an earlier shuttle flight back to NY, so I will be back home to my man in CT earlier than I thought!

Have a great night, ladies!

WeddingBelle6 Posts : 132 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi Leigh!

Must be fun to travel for work- I used to do that at my old job, but now I drive a police car on night shift. Love what I do, but sometimes I miss the corporate perks!!!!

Katie

SillyD Posts : 9 Registered: 11/5/07
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Hi..I am new here.

I just got engaged on 10-30.

I am 31 and will be 32 in Feb. We will be getting married in Dec of 2008. So I will be 32 almost 33 when we get married.

I am already freaking out.

Danielle

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine