Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues

Online Users: 1,301 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 212

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Re: Information on New Jersey Wedding Reception Venues
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: Nadiadot

Hi Nadia! I wanted to plan a wedding in california! how ironic lol. 

My mom's graduation party was at the Fiesta and this was a couple of years ago but I remember it to be very beautiful. It was inexpensive but had a really pretty ballroom and a beautiful fountain for wonderful pictures. I think you won't regret it. I really like it :-) Hope I helped!

~Tati, WIfe to Rob on Spetember 13, 2008   :-) ~

Our wedding website: robandtatiswedding.weddingannouncer.com/

chiquita26 Posts : 11 Registered: 1/8/07
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey i'm booked with the Primavera Regency in Stirling NJ , have u heard of them?

I just need information on pricing for photographs its driving me crazy

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: chiquita26

Chiquita, I LOVED that place!! That was in my top 2, but they made it easy because my date was already taken. We dealt with Steve, I think, and he was really great. You'll have a fantastic wedding!!

~Tati, WIfe to Rob on Spetember 13, 2008   :-) ~

Our wedding website: robandtatiswedding.weddingannouncer.com/

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I do not-I looked at the website & it is beautiful.  If you find anything out let me know.  Although having looked at about 50+ reception sights so far in two states I would guess it to be expensive.  But who knows~maybe it's a hidden gem.

I've been looking for a reception/ceremony location for about a month now...on a tight budget so if it's too expensive it gets thrown out the window! 

Has anyone heard anything about the Gran Centurion in Clark, NJ?  I visited & it appears very reasonable & nice...

Another really nice place is the Tomaselli Winery in Hammonton (south) NJ--excellent prices start at about $50/person--doesn't include beverage services though--BYOB & Liquor bc they don't have a liquor license--they will serve for you though.  I am keeping it on the back burner because they can fit max 180 and that is a squeeze; we are expecting that many guests so I think it will be too small.

Laughing

Leesa926 Posts : 27 Registered: 7/12/07
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 8:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am from NY planning my wedding from FL.  I am trying to stay at 75-80pp all included.  I HAVE NOT seen any of the below places but have called and gotten info,  I am trying to put together a list for when I go Nov 1st.  These should all be in that range.  (I am also looking for a Friday)

Pantagis Renaissance
Jaques
Galloping Hill
Pines Manor
Gran Centurions - I see you went above
L'Affaire
Victorian Manor

Anyone have info on the above please add

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 3:01 PM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

I know from experience Pines Manor and Victorian Manor are dumpy.  Theyre very sterotypical "banquet" halls, and Im just always reminded of Prom when I hear those 2 places, not a beautiful wedding!  Pines Manor has a crazy busy entrance as far as decor!!  But the lights on the tress outside are pretty.....
Daisypath Ticker

DMBFiredancer Posts : 5 Registered: 9/30/07
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

hello NJ friends! this is my first post here (i've looked at other message boards and this one seems the easiest to navigate so i think i'll be hanging out here more.)

first of all, thanks for all the great information you have all been sharing! i am like dot - living in CA but planning a NJ wedding since that is where i am from. it all seems so overwhelming right now, but i hope that it all just falls into place. my wedding won't be until 2009, si i have next summer to look at venues and decide on a place. i'm concentrating on central / southern NJ but i am open to the northern NJ places as well. my budget is on the lower end (trying for less than 75 per head) with about 100 guests. i need to find a place that is relatively close to a hotel for out of town and out of state guests, too.

i fell in love with skylands manor just from the pictures online but when i saw the prices that idea was quickly shot down...lol.

once again, thanks for all of your help in this forum - i look forward to chatting with you guys over the next year plus.

~debbie :) 

Stevesbride Posts : 79 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: DMBFiredancer

Hi Debbie,

I also live in Central Jersey with a low budget, we booked at Angoloni's Cedar Gardens in Hamilton, NJ, which was  $55 a person and that was open bar and the price includes tip and tax.

Stevesbride Posts : 79 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

Hi Leesa926,

I recently went to a reception at L'Affaire the food we had at cocktail hour was really good but the main course was horrible. Everyone at my table agreeded that the foot served at cocktail hour was way better than the main course.

Posted: Oct 29, 2007 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: Stevesbride

thank you steve's bride! i will definitely check that place out when i am out on the east coast again...

thanks for the suggestion :) 

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 8:01 PM Go to message in response to: DMBFiredancer

anyone visit or have a wedding at saint clement in matawan, nj? i am visitng it when i am out in NJ in november....

http://www.thereceptioncenter.com/ 

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:29 PM Go to message in response to: DMBFiredancer

I really liked the Gran Centurion and I almost booked there; the price was good and although it doesn't really look great from the outside the ballroom is really nice.  We really wanted to have the ceremony at the same place so we kept looking and we just booked today at Lakewood Country Club for 9/2008!!  It is really really nice & you can have the ceremony right there.  The price is a little higher than we wanted to pay--with tax and everything comes to about $88/pp; but the GM who is also the maitre'd cut us a deal & took out the ceremony fee so that saved us an extra $4/pp so about $600 bucks, plus they also offer an additional 5% discount if you have more than 140 people.  We should have around 160 so it worked out pretty good~anybody know anything about Lakewood?  The GM seems really on top of everything so i hope everything works out great...
Laughing

Gran Centurion
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

More info on the Gran Centurion-Matt who is an owner I think is the one I talked to; he is really good and was very down to earth.  The price he quoted me which was full open bar, dual plate of filet mignon/chicken, the usual courses, includes cake & includes floral centerpieces, was $76 person-this includes tax & gratuity.  I thought that was a great deal!  The ballroom is really nice, they have tulle with lights off the center chandelier which is the nicest part of the room; and he only charges like $2 for chair rental covers which is really low-you will probably need chair covers because the chairs are just plain and not attractive.  The outside of the building, to quote my fiance, "looks like a post office" but the inside is really nice; and there is a St. Agnus church right down the street so if you are roman catholic it would be a nice place to have the ceremony.  i'm not catholic so I didn't really want to have it there.  Also, we went to a food tasting and the food was really delicious.  My fiancee was a little picky and said the steak wasn't the best he ever had-he didn't think it was filet mignon, but I thought it was really good.  Hopefully this info helps, let me know if you have any other questions about this place!

Laughing

OctBride09 Posts : 2 Registered: 11/5/07
Brooklake Country Club
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am so happy that I stumbled upon this site!  I am recently engaged and am looking for a reception hall in northern or central NJ.  I have visited a few and am curious if anyone has been to a wedding or know anything (good or bad) about the Brooklake Country Club or Oakside Mansion.  Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have been having a hard time locating reviews on these places. Thanks!

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: Leesa926

I just went to a wedding at the Victorian Manor on Saturday.  It was awful!  $70 per person but the food was really bad.  And the bride and groom were rushed out of the Garden Room where they were having the ceremony because there was another couple lined up right behind them.  They even had the wrong name on the room.  Then in the middle of the reception the bride and groom were asked to get their stuff out of the Bridal Suite because another couple needed to use it.  They forgot to put out the International Coffee bar.  My Chicken Francaise was inedible.  There were fake deer staring in the window at us, and you could see the hot water pipes on the ceiling during the ceremony.  I would NOT reccomend it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine