May 2008 Brides2Be

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 235
May 2008 Brides2Be
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 5:55 PM

Hi Ladies,

I don't see a thread for the May 2008 brides. My wedding date is May 23, 2008. Is anyone stressin yet? I am! Recently my FH told me that he has to go away to Oklahoma for schooling for 2 1/2 months.We currently live in California so that is a ways away. He leaves in January and comes back in April a month before the wedding. So now I feel as if I have a couple of months to get the major stuff booked and taken care of before he leaves. I have my braidsmaids and my mother but still in the end it's my wedding. Anyone else feeling a little frustrated?

Mrs.Scott2Be~

Re: May 2008 Brides2Be
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes I am very frustrated also. FH seems to be taking his role very lightly. I have already chosen my BM, picked out their dresses, paid for my dress and accessories, picked out the different vendors, and chosen my hairstyle. The only thing he has done is picked his BM and what favors to give out. He says I'm going too fast and I say we are not going fast enough. Is he crazy????

adr ianlovesmarie

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well usually guys aren't all that interested in this whole process. They put there tid bits in and that's it. But I'm trying to get as much done now so I am not scrambling around at the last minute. You have a good chunk done. I still have alot to do. Right now we are just trying to get all the vendors booked. I guess I will have to do all the little details on my own. I can't believe how fast this has came. We got engaged in February and it's already October. Gosh time flys! Well good luck and keep me updated!

Mrs.Scott2Be~

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 2:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My wedding is May 31. I was also engaged in Feb as well, and it seemed like I had so much time.  This past couple weeks is when I started to freak out a little bit.  Most of the big stuff is planned, just all the little details I am started to think about.Its exciting though!!

mboudinet Posts : 21 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mrs.Scott2Be ~ May 23, 2008 is my wedding day too! I'm so excited to have a Friday evening wedding! 

I think ALL FH's are pretty lazy when it comes to wedding planning....I mean let's face it, they just aren't that into it! I gave my FH what I considered "fun" things to plan like the honeymoon and picking a band.  I still did those things though, he just isn't that motivated!

I agree with what the other ladies are saying about recently getting stressed about the planning.  I got engaged in December and two weeks ago I started stressing out!  

May 2008 is almost here!!!!!! 

bridewannabe Posts : 132 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: mboudinet

Thanks for starting this thread! My wedding is Sunday, May 25th 2008. Mrs Scott2Be, are you in southern or northern california? I'm in Southern CA, nice to meet another california bride. I got engaged on June 6th. Planning was a complete nightmare up until a few weeks ago when I finally made some decisions and finalized all the arrangements. Now all I have to do is save money and lose some weight :~)

Good luck!

Rebekah25May08 Posts : 99 Registered: 2/7/07
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 11:35 PM Go to message in response to: bridewannabe

hey bridewannabe i'm getting married May 25th also. i've only found 1 other bride who has the same date as us.  

so may brides how's all the planning going? i hope it's going good.  it feels like just a few months ago (although it's been almost 1 yr) that i was just engaged and now the big day is less than 7 months away.  whenever i think about it i get butterflies in my stomach. hahaha.... i'm such a sap.  so what do you all have done so far?  alls we need is our officiant, me to lose weight, and to keep on saving some money.  best of luck!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Daisypath Ticker

i can't wait to marry my Peachy!!!

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Rebekah25May08

I'm May 9th- I've actually like to think I am ahead of the game. I've got all the big stuff taken care of, and I'm just about to order my invitations :) But I do agree you on the need to lose weight and keep saving money part! Good Luck to everyone and hope everyone had a great Halloween.

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 12:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have any of the May 08 Brides started registering yet? I feel like it's going to be a huge process and should get started but then I think that it might be too early.

Thoughts?  

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 7:54 AM Go to message in response to: mboudinet

I actually started registering last weekend! According to that knot checklist thing that I have been trying to follow, its said to start registering- But another reason I did it now was because I may be having a surprise bridal shower over Christmas when I go to Chicago.

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: bridewannabe

Hey Bridewannabe,

I am central california. I live in the Fresno area. Do you know where that is? I am originally from the northern california area. After we get married we are actually moving to southern california to San Diego. Thats cool that I have finally met someone on the west coast! Yeah I saw threads for every other month and year except May 08. But I guess there was one that was done last year but I started a new one. Everything is getting so expensive. But in the end it will all be worth it! I am extremely excited and have a lot of ideas but haven't really taken much action because we need to book everything before trying to do the little things.

Mrs.Scott2Be~

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: mboudinet

Hey mboudinet,

How cool we are both May 23 brides. I am also having mine in the evening. I want sunset pictures. I am excited about that! 

You think the registering part is going to be a huge process? How many places are you registering at? That to me seems like the easiest part. I haven't started yet. When are we suppose to start? But I think it will be kind of fun. 

Mrs.Scott2Be~

Message was edited by Scott2Be on Nov 2, 2007 12:15 PM

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 2:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mrs.Scott2Be~ I wanted sunset pictures also!!!!!

Don't get me wrong about registering...I am excited and looking forward to it.  I just don't want to go into a store and randomly register for things. And that's exactly what my FH has in mind.  He said he's going to scan everything and anything he sees!!! I want to take my time and make sure we not only get things we need but also that match.  Right now we are planning on registering at 3 places....a local specialty store, bed bath and beyond and either target or crate and barrel.  (I've heard horrible things about Target so I'm still debating that) 

Melissa 

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: mboudinet

What have you heard about Target? I started registering with them online already. I also started registering at Bed Bath and Beyond as well. It took me and my FH almost 3 hours and we only got through the kitchen and bedding. It actually takes some time. You also need to compare between the stores you register of which one you like better and/or which one is cheaper. We are still looking at dish sets at Target and BBB to figure out which ones we like better. I suggest taking as much time as possible and thinking through it. Your probably going to be living with these items for a long time. But have fun though. We are going back this weekend to finish up hopfully with BBB :)

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Kouba ~ I heard that if you get any duplicate gifts from Target or the wrong item you can only return it if you have a receipt or if it's under $20.  Also I heard that they don't update your registry right away after something is purchased....leading to getting several duplicates!  

I looked on target's website at the return policy and it does say you can't return anything without a receipt.  I also called my local target and they verified this.  They said that as long as you have all of your guests include a gift receipt you won't have any problems.  

I really want to register there but I'm a little concerned.  I'll probably do it anyway though.  I wonder if you can put a note on your registry saying to please include a gift receipt?  I don't know just an idea. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine