Any 30+ Brides Out There?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 411

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

deltagirl - we must have posted at the same time I edited my msg because the picture wouldn't go in right.... Yes Mother Nature we gotta luv her!

I can't see your pics :-( there is something crazy happening with this board today... I'm sure your FG's and Jr BM are excited!!

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: luvmygemini

Virgobride- The problem with my posting is I have been up all night at work (7pm - 7:30 am) and I need to take my behind to bed instead of doing wedding stuff!

Here are the jr BM dresses. I have no idea what the FG are wearing.

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

Hi ladies!

I feel as though I have been gone for awhile, happy weekend to everyone!

I am so glad everyone is sharing wedding ideas.  Sooo much fun and everyones wedding sounds spectacular!!!

Deltagirl -  I LOVE your colors, gowns and those flowers...exquisite.  The color is so rich and so are the linens!  Gorgeous!  I cannot wait to see pictures, of yours and everyone's!

Katie - Can't wait to see pictures, though I need to figure out how to post too!!  Oh, to answer your question about chardonnay I really like oaky - buttery Chards.  I have expensive taste but I don't give into it all the time.  I LOVE Kendall Jackson, Hess Select and Clos Du Bois to name a few.  Trader Joe is my friend too, have you tried that?  Anyone tried it?  My fiance would like me to start drinking more red wine because it is good for you, I will start sampling as the weather gets colder!

Nikki - I LOVE the idea of a candy buffet.  I too watch bridal shows ( Who's Wedding is it Anyway, Get Married, A Wedding Story, Bridezillas..haha).  I love to get different ideas and what not, and you know, even if 3 million brides did one thing and you love it, GO for it!  It's your choice!!! = )  You could even get fun custom spoons to scoop your candy in as a keepsake for you!

Virgo Bride - Your reception sounds beautiful and I agree with the other ladies, put the candles out anyway.  One suggestion to all ( you may already know) before any event, light your candle and let them burn just for a few moments as this will help them stay lit later during the entire event.  ( I used to and once in a blue moon work for an event planner who sets up huge sites for weddings etc. here so I would help with all of the linens, candles, floral etc.)  That is where I learned about the candles!  I LOVE your BM gown too!  So pretty!

Leigh - The males catching the bouqet...FABULOUS!  What a good idea...

Mizhines - OMG, where is your family from?  Irish steps dancers...WOW, what a great surprise!  My finace is from Dublin, IReland so we have quite a crowd coming over for our wedding next year!!

I LOVE the "Shama Lama Ding Dong' song from Animal House, how fun!!

This place is so great!  I also love the anniversary dance as well, how FUN!  I am sorry if I did not include everyone!

I have a teeny bit over 7 months unitl our big day and I would like to say the major parts are done, I need minor details now.  We got engaged 12/23/06 and I have been planning since then.  We are getting married in St. John's, Newfoundland ( where I am from in Canada..I live in Atlanta now).  We are getting hitched in a huge gothic style Roman Catholic Church ( I went there as a child) and the reception is at hotel on a hill that overlooks the city which is right on the ocean.  The windows in the reception room are from floor to ceiling so when the lights go down the city lights will be the view.  FAB!  I am having 6 Bm's and they will all be wearing a color I like to call 'Seaglass'  IT is a rich yet soft aqua.  They will be carryin white lillies and if there is a nip in the air I am going to have my cousin ( a BM who is now in Europe) bring back some white pashminas for them to wear!

Basically our wedding in 'Gaelic in the Maritimes' we're talking a nautical theme but nothing beachy or sandy!

My gown is a full princess, strapless ballgown covered in swarofski crystals and silver applique.  The veil is something I would not have picked but the girl in the salon put it on me and it is as if it is made for the dress.  MY bouqet will be a thick combination of white roses, calla lillies and softly placed shamrocks.  Yes, my fiance is from Ireland and I want to incorporate some Irish tradition ( also - Newfoundland has held on to its gaelic heritage so there are so many similarities between Newfoundland and Ireland...besides the accents!), but I don't want my groomsmen dressed as leprechauns or guests carrying around mugs of green beer!!!  HA HA HASmile  I will also wrap the stems of the flowers of my bouqet in the same color ribbon as my girls are wearing!

The reception will have white linens with silver sashes and a soft 'seaglass' tint of something on the back.  The seaglass sashes would have been too much, the color would have swallowed the room!  I want a TALL vase with maybe one lilly in full bloom on each table, votives on a mirror with crystals sprinkled on the tables....I think ....my idea so far.  The view is the main 'decoration' of the reception hall...

The music...in the church I am going to have my girls walk down the aisle to 'Canon D" but I dont know what sort of instument will play it yet.  Then, I am walking to my man to bagpipes...not 'here comes the bride' something else..I want upbeat and playful to reduce the tears!

For our first dance...I know SO many people have had this, but I don't care.  "At Last' by Etta James..a CLASSIC, her powerful voice just gives me chills and it is such an incredible song!  After that, bring on lots of 80's and the classics like Sinatra and the Temptations!!!

Oh, for the cake I am going to have a 3 layer cake and I am going to see if the baker can replicate the design on the bottom of my gown and put it on the cake in a seaglass color.  I also saw on a wedding show that one bride took a big glass, flat bottom bowl and turned it upside down, she then stuffed white lights in the bowl and put the cake on top of this, it may sound goofy but it looked great!

Well ladies, hope I didn't keep you too long.  I need to skee-daddle. my matron of honor and her hubby are coming over for the night..we're going to Mexican, and of course...margaritas!!

Cheers ladies!

Newfie

P.S pardon any spelling errors!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

mizhines Posts : 271 Registered: 7/31/07
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 6:37 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Hey Katie!

I think if we do the reverse bouquet tossing, we'll leave it at that-- no need to embarass the girls!  I also think it would be funny to see one of the single guys walking around with the bouquet for the rest of the night!

Leigh

p.s.-- It's 6:30 p.m. and I'm still hung over from last night!  My friend and I went to a brazilian restaurant in the city after our brazilian bikini waxes-- WAY too many capirinihas (sp?) later, the guy from Dancing With the Stars & All My Children (Cameron Mathison) and his dance partner came in to film a segment for the show.  My mom loves All My Children, so drunk me gets him to call her to say hi!  It was hilarious! 

"Make me a bicycle, clown!" - Wedding Crashers

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: Nikkisticks

Hey Nikki!

Count me in for the candy buffet too!  We're going to get chinese takeout containers and put labels on them-- like everyone said, who doesn't like candy?  I think I want to do custom M&Ms or mini Dove chocolates, but we'll see how much it ends up costing-- there are so many places to "break the bank" that I guess candy's not really the place to be doing it LOL-- I have some candy buffet pics that I will post (as soon as i figure out how Smile)

Hope everyone's having a great Saturday!

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

Wow Deltagirl!  That BM dress is gorgeous!!!

In way of brief introduction....

I'm relatively new to both to this site and this thread.  I'll be getting married Oct 11, 2008, 3 months before my 40th b-day and 2 months before my beloved's 39th birthday.  This is my second (and last) and my fiancees first (and last) marriage.  We have been dating for 2.5 years now.  Pat was my sister's neighbor for 7 years before we met.  My sister introduced us a few months after my divorce.

Love2uKiss

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hi Newfie!

Wow-- the details of your wedding sound AMAZING!  What a great theme!  My FH is from County Kildare, not too far from Dublin.  We'll also be having an "Irish invasion" at our wedding.  One of the reasons we decided to go with a Friday wedding was so that people could come over and party it up, but still get back before the next week if they want-- my guess is that a lot of people will make a longer trip out of it, though.  The bars around my town will probably never be the same Smile.  I would love to have a bagpiper as well <add another thing to the neverending list of things to check out>, and what a great idea to have shamrocks in your bouquet (there's another one . . .)-- thanks for the great ideas!

Talk to you soon!
Leigh

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Welcome msbutterfly and noviesita!  Congrats to you both-- can't wait to hear about your weddings!

WeddingBelle6 Posts : 132 Registered: 10/4/07
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 12:31 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hi Ladies!!!

My FH just came up behind me and started reading Virgobrides' post- and now he is singing "Shama lama ding dong" and talking about Animal House. He also saw the title "30 + Brides" and is telling me I might need a walker to walk down the aisle! He is too funny!

Katie

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Hi Leigh!

I googled "candy buffet" and then clicked on images- there are some really cute looking pics on there!

I'm going wine tasting on Keuka Lake tomorrow- I can't wait. We are going to visit the winery where I think I am going to get my wine bottle favors.

Katie

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 12:37 AM Go to message in response to: Love2u

Hi Love2u,

Welcome! The ladies on this site and this thread especially are really nice. There is also an October 2008 brides post. I am a September 2008 bride, and I have had a lot of fun planning with the ladies in the September post.

We love to see pictures too!

Katie

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 1:55 AM Go to message in response to: WeddingBelle6

Welcome Love2u and thanks  for the compliment  on the dress.

Welcome newfiebride - The details of your wedding sound amazing. Can't wait to see pictures!

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

Welcome Love2u jump in anytime..

Newfie- I love the details of your wedding,you are gonna dance the night away! p.s. the song "at last" will probably make you cry..

Katie- wine tasting what fun! have a few for me my dh surprised me with two bottle of wine Fri night here is the name of the bottle we opened  Aulo Azienda Agricola Elisabetta - Rosso Toscana 2001 (red wine) it was very good not so dry...

Deltagirl- oh your Jr Bm dresses are too cute! I haven't picked my Jr's or FG yet either but I am working on that...YES you should be resting after work!!

Later Ladies! Bears game coming on soon...

DaisypathWedding Ticker

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: mizhines

Happy Monday Ladies!

Thanks for the kind words on my planning.  Everyone else's sounds so beautiful as well!  Welcome all the newcomers and I agree with Katie, this part of the community is great and we do love pictures!!

Leigh - I have been to County Kildare, beautiful!  Have you been to the Emerald Isle yet?  I recommend EVERYONE go, it is gorgeous!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

Nikkisticks Posts : 52 Registered: 5/25/07
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: mizhines

mizhines,

You're getting married in MA? That's where I'm from.....now living in FL....used to go to Foxwoods all the time (since I see you live in CT?)

I figured my candy buffet will actually end up costing me more than if I just did favors, but I look at it as a pretty decoration too....if you're looking for scoops, I got mine at restockit.com for like 1.50/per scoop....5oz scoops...I looked everywhere, and this is the least expensive I found...if you haven't bought yours yet, let me know, I can give you a coupon code for $10.00 off, they told me they were in stock, but then had to wait for b/o so they gave me the coupon, that  I'll probably never use.....

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine