anyone going off a theme?? Post it

Online Users: 1,339 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 37

BethM Posts : 33 Registered: 8/22/07
Re: anyone going off a theme?? Post it
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: Tabetha9286

Tabetha, my sis-in-law owns a boutique and someone came in looking for maple leaf charms for her bridesmaids for her fall theme wedding, and told her she was giving out bottles of maple syrup for favors. Thought that would go along with your theme. Good luck!

hulabride08 Posts : 270 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: BethM

My FH and my favorite place to vacation is Hawaii, so we decided to have a Hawaiian themed wedding.  Our colors are ocean blue, moccha, and sand.  We found a great flower shop on the big island to make real orchid leis for the guys instead of bouts!  They are gorgeous!!! And I found a ukelele player for the ceremony.  I made real starfish magnet favors, and are having goldfish as centerpieces.  And for fun-all the girls will wear flip flops under their dresses! 

Can't wait til my Honey Pot is my Husband!!!

Breezer80 Posts : 94 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: hulabride08

We're doing a sunflower theme, so our colors will be yellow and brown. We're having a sunflower cake, using plantable sunflower seeds as favors, and incorporating sunflowers on the invitiations and all the stationary. We found some really great chocolate brown tuxes, and the girls will be in chocolate brown dresses with yellow sashes. All the bouquets will be hand-tied raffia sunflower bouquets, and we're making windowboxes with wheat grass and mini sunflowers as the centerpeices

Laughing Marrying my favorite little ladybug - and it's getting so close!!! Wink

Daisypath Ticker

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 10:20 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Hi Ashley,

Our theme is music as well.  FH is a singer in a band and has been a singer pretty much all his life so our there is music-rockstar.  I'm so glad i found someone else that has the same there as me I thought I was the only one.. lol  Too give you an idea on the song he doesn't know it I'm singing to him I want to grow old with you from the wedding singer but I changed some of the lyrics.  I thought it would be nice and different.  When you say then we are having our sheet music for "our song" put on each layer... I'm just wondering how you are doing that because we want our wedding song on every layer of our cake but our cake lady doesn't know how she will do that.  You can look at my profile you will get an idea of what I mean.  For the centre pieces we have tall glasses with mini cd's floating inside and it's a candle on top.  We are also giving the CD with our favorite songs for the tahnk you gifts.  Our cake topper is a treble clef.  If you want to exchange some more ideas please let me know I'll share some stuff with you.

Until I marry my Rockstar!

Crystal and Feather Theme
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 11:12 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

tweatie2 Posts : 286 Registered: 10/25/07
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 9:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our theme is "The Apple of my Eye" so we will be using apples on a lot of things.  They make for inexpensive centerpieces.

Soon to be Mrs. Hurts!!

Our theme is "The Apple of my Eye" so we will be using apples on a lot of things.  They make for inexpensive centerpieces.

Soon to be Mrs. Hurts!!

Soon to be Mrs. Hurts!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine