Resizing an engagement ring

Online Users: 1,280 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
Resizing an engagement ring
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 12:47 AM

My fiance accidentally bought my engagement ring half a size too small. He freaked when he saw my finger indented and kept asking me if it was too small, looking like a pathetic puppy, so I just told him that no, my fingers are just swollen from work.

I finally have decided that I need need NEED to have it resized. My finger hurts! Where do I do that at and HOW do I make up an excuse for not having it? Kay Jewelers said it would take six days to do it. AGH!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Re: Resizing an engagement ring
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

get out the phone book and start calling jewelers.  you will find one that will do it while you wait.  shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour.

that is my suggestion for getting it resized quickly but you should be able to tell FH that you need it done :)

LOnDZ Posts : 57 Registered: 6/10/07
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

-

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'd probably just tell him the truth.  He isn't really supposed to know your ring size so it's not a big deal.  And this way you can take it to the jeweler who sold it to him and most likely get it resized for free.

I had to have mine made smaller and the jeweler did it while we waited - couldn't have taken more than 15 minutes.

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You should be able to get it done for free at the jeweler where he bought the ring.  I would just tell him the truth.  It's usually easier that way.

Soon2BeMrsBackus Posts : 13 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Getting your ring resized won't be a big deal. I had mine done, it took an hour, and they did a great job on it. The hardest part was being without it, even only for an hour. As for telling your fiance, my ring when my fiance got it was technically two sizes too big, but when i had it resized, i found out it was actually two and a half sizes too big, so- I wouldn't worry about it. There is a lot of variation in sizes between jewelers, so you may be one size regurlarly, and a different size this time. I'm sure if you explain things to him, your fiance will understand. Good luck anyhow, and congratulations! 

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had to resize my ring. My fiance kept saying it was a size five, but it wasn't. I had to wear my ring on the wrong hand for a few months. I kept telling him that I need to get it resized. So we finally went, and I found out it was a 6 1/2. It took them a day. I did feel naked without it, but I knew that it was best because I was scared that I would lose it, or it would get stolen. Now I have it on the correct hand.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 5:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45678.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine