The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Re: pregnancy not happening
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

wahoo josesgirl!!!  that is great!!  congratulations (o:  let us know how friday goes.  my first test I took had a very light plus sign as well.  I ended up taking 4 total - the last one was a digital one that said either "pregnant" or "not pregnant" - I stared at it forever when it said pregnant.  haha!  it's so exciting!

as for me, the boobs still hurt.  not as bad, but they are still sore.  i have an appt next week and we will be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  the quesiness has gotten worse, I have gotten sick a couple of times.  And all I do is sleep and sleep and sleep.  I'm also so lazy when I'm not sleeping (o:  I'm at 9.5 weeks, so still a couple of more before I am considered "safe" - and hopefully will start feeling a little bit better!

Josesgirl - keep us posted!!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Ahh Congrats!

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 10:27 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Congrats Rena..  That's so great!  My husband and I just started trying again, so hopefully we'll have some good news soon.

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

Ok, so I went to the ob/gyn today. I had taken a total of 6 at home pregnancy tests this week which all showed a positive result. The test at the Dr's office gave a positive result also. However, I've been having horrible cramps all week, which at times are worse than regular menstrual cramps.  My mom thought I may have an ectopic/tubal pregnancy. But the doctor assured me that cramping is normal (as long as the pain stays in the middle opposed to my sides where my fallopian tubes and ovaries are) since my uterus is (probably) starting to stretch and the embryo (should) be implanting itself in my uterine wall.  Anyway, they did an ultrasound, but apparently I'm not far enough along yet because they couldn't find anything. So, my doctor decided that he is going to monitor me very closely for awhile and ordered a truckload of bloodwork. I had to go get 8 vials of blood drawn today and I have to go back and have more taken on Monday. Then I have a follow up appt on Wed to go over my results and hopefully know how far along I am and that the pregnancy is a normal one. The Dr. kept saying "If this turns out to be a normal pregnancy" which bothered me a bit, but then they explained they have to say that since they can't see anything yet and the pregnancy hasn't actually been confirmed with the blood test yet.

But I will know more on Wednesday. I just hope everything turns out ok....just thinking that something could be wrong or that (God forbid) I lose this pregnancy makes me cry. Although I do have to admit that I cry at the drop of a hat lately....I hate hormones!!!

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Well, congratulations! I hope that everything is ok and that you have a great, healthy pregnancy.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Awesome Nat, keep us posted!!

Josesgirl, are you bleeding as well?  My doctor (well the nurse actually, I haven't seen my actual ob/gyn yet - I have an appt this Mon) said that cramping is very normal as long as it's not shared with heavy bleeding or anything else unusual.  At first I had cramps that shot from side to side of my abdomen, which were explained as just my uterus stretching.  I read in the book they sent me home with that the cramping is normal and that very light spotting is normal during your first trimester.  I get the cramps very seldomly now, only when I move in a very awkward position, or very quickly.  Like if I am in the front seat and stretch around to the backseat, things like that that I don't do often.  I have had very light pink spotting too, just tonight and only one time which I am not worrying about.  I will let my doctor know on Monday but as far as I am concerned it isn't anything. 

And the hormones, gosh do I know about those!  I cry like a baby all the time lately.  Just on tv shows and reading things.  I cry and I cry and I cry.  Usually it would be something that I'd just give an "oh that is sad to" - I am bawling like a big baby!  Extreme Home Makeover - forget it! 

If you need to talk about anything, please come to us!  I hope everything is okay, and I am sure you are very stressed.  I still get stressed out and don't believe I am actually pregnant because I haven't had an ultrasound or heard the heartbeat yet!  Which we will hear on Monday, but I get sick to my stomach to think they won't find it! 

Let us know how everything goes with the doctor and the results of everything!

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Oct 21, 2007 11:42 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Rena, try not to stress!  I'm sure everything's going to be fine.  And you can come back here and let us know how amazing it was to hear the heartbeat. :)

-Ness

And when you say forever can't you see you've already captured me. - Mae

Good luck, BL3 ladies!

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Well, I went to the Dr. today and got the results of my blood tests. I am officially pregnant!!!!!!! The doctor is estimating that I am about 5 or 6 weeks pregnant (which is further along than I thought I was) and I have another appt set for Nov 7 (2 weeks from today) for another ultrasound. My doctor thinks we should be able to see SOMETHING on that one, and possibly even hear the heartbeat!! I have been reassured that the cramping is normal...I haven't had ANY bleeding or spotting all all. But due to the hormones that are produced during pregnancy, I have had (not to be gross) a lot of gas and been constipated, which is why my cramps were so intense at times. I've had the cramping and on top of that, I've been having pressure and bloating from gas trapped inside my abdomen.

But ahhhh I'm so excited....and so is my hubby. I know what you mean though Rena about not believing it yet cuz you haven't seen the ultrasound or heard the heartbeat. I can't wait for those pregnancy milestones either!!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Congrats JosesGirl...It's official!!

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

Congratulations josesgirl and rena!  Good luck with everything for both of your pregnancies!  Can't wait until I can tell everyone the same thing!

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats, Josesgirl!  I'm so happy for you. :)

Rena, what's happening?  How was your appointment?  I hope everything went well.

-Ness

And when you say forever can't you see you've already captured me. - Mae

Good luck, BL3 ladies!

Posted: Nov 2, 2007 4:36 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

hey everyone,

first off i want to give an official congrats to josesgirl!!  that is so exciting, how is everything going so far?

my appointment went great, instead of finding the heartbeat the tech did a quick ultrasound!  my hubby saw a lot more than i did, he saw the eyes and the heart beating.  i only saw the profile.  i was a little concerned because at that appt i should have been 10 wks and the baby was very small (i know it is going to be small, but after looking at "10 wk ultrasound" pics online i thought i'd be seeing something much bigger!) so i mentioned to my doctor that i didn't ovulate until day 24 instead of day 14.  i had said that to the nurse on my first appointment and she said it didn't matter.  but i was thinking - 10 days is a big difference in the first trimester!  so my doctor said "oh my god it is a huge difference and that would explain why the ultrasound looks the way it does!" - sooooo i have another ultrasound on the 7th - where i will be 11 weeks and i hope to see more! 

so that's my story lol!  i have been sooooooo sick the past few weeks, finally it has calmed down. i throw up 3-5 times a day and feel like crap.  these past 2 days have been a lot better.  i have only gotten sick once, in the morning and my appitite is back.  it is really back lol.  i just ate 100 lbs of pistachios lol.

so how is everyone doing?

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Rena, how'd your appt go today? I had mine this morning....I'm 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant! I have my little "lima bean" picture!! I actually cried when we saw the little heart beating! I'm due June 21, which sucks since I live in Florida with the summer heat equivalent to that of hell, but I'm sure I'll be fine. My husband is so excited! My next appt is Dec 19 and we'll probably actually get to hear the heartbeat on that visit!

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

RenaMarie and JosesGirl: I don't think I said it before, but congratulations! I am excited for both of you! I'd love to keep reading updates as your pregnancies proceed. Keep us apprised! :)

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: JosesGirl

My appt went awesome.  I was so nervous going into it because I have been so sick and not able to keep anyhthing down, let alone my vitamin.  So I was scared that my baby would still look like a rice grain!!  When the nurse ever put the thing on my belly and the baby popped up on the screen, both Joe and I were like holy crap!  The baby grew so much in 3 weeks alone!!  It was moving all around, arms up, arms down, legs kicking all over - it was the best thing I think that I have ever seen!  The nurse was like wow this a very active baby!  We got our official due date of May 28th, so right now I am 11.5 weeks.  I cannot wait for the sickness to pass by, I had to leave work early on Tuesday and call out on Wednesday.  Tues I got sick 8 times!!  Then Wed I was sooo exhausted that there was no way I was going to work.  I am praying that within the next couple of weeks things get better!

Have you been getting sick or anything else JosesGirl? 

My first "sign" was my boobs hurting like crazy, then the throwing up started at about 7 weeks.  I have been constipated since the begining, and it's really starting to bug me!  The smells are getting worse and worse by the day.  Not to be gross, but the smell of my urine every morning makes me gag away.  My face also broke out at first, then got clear, then broke out again!  And I am of course, exhausted.  Cravings have started.  Joe's dad is a chef so I have been craving tons of his food!!  And his family is so nice that they are making them for me (O:

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine