Fically savey brides: Wedding for under $20k

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28
Re: Fically savey brides: Wedding for under $20k
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: littlefirefli

I love this post. We are on a tight budget ($12,000) but for Kansas City, that's a modest amount. My dress was $650 from David's. I spent $35 on two shimmer veils from Veils by Elena on Ebay...beautiful (one is Cathedral length for ceremony and 2nd is elbow length for reception) DJ is $475                                                                     Photographer is $1000 (I negogiated the original $1500 price I was quoted)                                                                             Our food/liquor is where we are splurging....there is no rental fee for the location or dance floor set up fee or cake cutting fee and centerpieces are included but the food is more $....we are looking at $30/person for food and $19/person for liquour and $2.5/person cake so the grand total of $51.50 per person which does add up quick.                              Our church is $450, priest $100                                                 We have not ordered flowers or invites yet. We spent $20 on 100 save the date postcards from Vista Prints...which i would highly recommend, we have gotten a ton of compliments on them  Good luck everyone, it's interesting to see how much everyone is spending on everything.

Message was edited by ExcitedJuneBride on Nov 16, 2006 4:17 PM

Posted: Nov 18, 2006 10:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I don't understand how $20K is a tight budget...but o.k. My budget is more like $2,000. We used silk flowers from Old Time Pottery, and we paid around $40 for all the stuff. One bridal bouquet in my town (with just a dozen roses) is $66! The church will be decorated because it is a Christmas wedding and we are decorating the reception hall for pretty cheap. My dress was $175 on sale usually about $500-$600 dress. It had been rented out once, and it so beautiful. We are doing eveything so pretty and so cheap!

littlefirefli Posts : 259 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 19, 2006 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

$20k can be a tight budget, expecally if you live in or near one of the major citys. I for one live on the south side of Chicago and the average wedding for here is $20,000 to $30,000 (acording to the Chicago Sun-Times). That's nothing compaired to what people would have to pay to get married in Manhatten or L.A. We only found 5 out of 31 wedding halls that would even consider weddings that did NOT start at $20,000, just for the hall and food!

I can see though that $2,000 is a true tight budget thought. I'm sure everyone onm the boards will have a beautiful wedding no matter how tight their budget may be.  

Daisypath Ticker

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Nov 25, 2006 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If you're in/near a major city, 20K is definitely a tight budget. We got a great deal on meals at $45/person (negotiated down from $55) with no site fee. The bar tab came to 3k. With 100 guests and an 18% gratuity, food and drinks alone was 9K.

Many florists won't do wedding with a flower budget of less than $4k. Most photographer's packages start at $4k. 

FI's cousin is having a tought time. Every place she looks at has a site fee of at least $2k, most are $3-4k. One hotel they went to has a catering minimum of $30,000. 

littlefirefli Posts : 259 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 26, 2006 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: SeasideBride06

I just got another great deal. A local backer will creat ANY 4 tier cake for us for a flat fee of $330. The only thing is that any decorations that are not created with butter cream will be additional, but she said we can go to Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabriks, or Michales and get the need decor for cheap our selves and she would add it on the cake. Though I do think it's wierd that the cake will cost more than my dress. Oh well.
Daisypath Ticker

B2BSpring08 Posts : 1 Registered: 9/2/07
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello there,

I just saw your post and I am hoping that you can share some of your vendor information with me.  I am getting married in the spring of 2008 in the DC area.  I am particularly interested in your photographer's contact information as well as your reception location and caterer.

Thank you so much in advance for any information you are willing to share!

B2BSpring08

B2BSpring08

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: B2BSpring08

Average San Diego wedding is $41,000.  We are paying for our own, so it will be about $16,000 including honeymoon in Maui!

Dress- ordered it online for $595 instead of buying in the store for $1,000.

Photographer- Negotiated all day coverage, unlimited shots, all photos on disc, 100 proof book & engagement session for $750.

Catering package handles all else, and includes venue, ice sculpture, appetizers, food, cake, dj, videographer, professional lighting & limo shuttle.

We will even have a fireworks display at 10:00pm to close out the reception since our venue has a large patio overlooking SD bay, ocean & Sea World (Sea World's fireworks). 

Only 10 more days to go!!!!! 

chiquita26 Posts : 11 Registered: 1/8/07
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: littlefirefli

i'm looking for a budget of $500.00- for the dress any recommendation i love your dress where did you get it. I want something like that...

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: chiquita26

I took the style # for the dress I liked in the store, then searched for it online, and saved about $400. I would recommend trying sites like ebridalsuperstore.com, netbride.com, etc...  Here's a link to my dress:

http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collections_search&arg=4221

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I already posted here, but things have changed since :-)  Depending where you are 20K is a bargain for a wedding.  FH and I aren't on the TIGHTEST budget and we've gotten a lot of help from family but our wedding is curently at like 17K.  We've gotten a lot of deals for our approximately 120 guests (still waiting on RSVPs and we're at 91 right now).

* My dress I bought for $270 on ebay, already bustled.

*Alterations were only $95

*Veil was $61 on ebay.

*Shoes were $20 at Payless

*Reception dress was $100 at Windsor plus shoes for $6 again at Payless.

*Food is only $26.95 per person

*Cake is only $343

*Favors were $1 each.

*Flowers only $430

*Videographer FREE (but we're giving him like $200 anyway)

*Wedding Coordinator $250!

*Invites were DIY, all together I think we spend like $300

*Place cards are DIY, somewhere around $20

*Flower girl basket $10 on ebay

*RB Pillow $5 on ebay

*Honeymoon $900 total (for both of us) for a 5 day cruise.

*Tiara $20 on ebay

*Programs $12 on ebay

I did have some splurges:

*DJ $1600 (to us the DJ was a major priority)

*Decorator ($600)

*My make up application ($75)

*Rehearsal/Rehearsal Dinner ($700)

*Limo ($200)

*Gifts for my BM's approx. $400 (includes gifts and taking them out to dinner).

Overall, I'm really happy with the way things seem to be turning out and though to some spending nearly 20K is like a whole lot of money, for us it's totally worth it.

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

robyn1113 Posts : 182 Registered: 8/2/07
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 6:12 PM Go to message in response to: littlefirefli

I honestly wish I had 10K to work with! My parents have given me $4000. If there's anything else I want out of that budget, I have to pay for it myself, so I really can't estimate how much it'll cost. But WOW on some of these deals.

I was totally relieved to find a photographer in Dallas that only charged $600 for a full day of coverage. That is probably my best save as of yet.

Oh, and the reception site for us is free. We're holding it in his parent's backyard. Woohoo!

I will be Mrs. Garza! Laughing

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:24 AM Go to message in response to: robyn1113

WOW! after looking to the breakdowns, you guys are doing great!!....My budget is also 20K, but because everything here is sooo expensive, this budget is a little tight, but anyway, this is what I have to work with.

So far I just have a few things & a lot still pending.

Ceremony & Reception - same place $3,000 just renting the space

Food - 40 to 45$ pp (130 to 150 guests) = $6000

(AND just in this 2 things, almost 50% of my budget) Cry

Bar - $5000

Flowers - $2,000

Renting - tables, linens, chairs, etc....$1000 to $1500

Cake - 500

Invitations - 250

Well, As you can see I'm almost done with my budget & still have a lot to do....(& believe me I'm not into the fancy kind of stuff)....but, still doing my best!!!!Smile

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: robyn1113

robyn1113, Please tell me how I can get in touch with your photographer in Dallas. That is a great deal, but I will understand if that is just a deal for your family.

Our budget is 10k also and we have to pay for everything ourselves. 

adr ianlovesmarie

robyn1113 Posts : 182 Registered: 8/2/07
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

www.muckianphotography.com

I just met with him on Sunday and he's SO nice! As long as you're date isn't April 26th, go for it! Hahah!

I will be Mrs. Garza! Laughing

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine