July 2008 Brides!

Online Users: 1,284 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 771

July4thBride Posts : 381 Registered: 9/24/07
July 2008 Brides!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 9:43 AM

Since there are threads for other wedding months in 2008, I thought those of us who are July 2008 brides could use a thread to share and support each other in the coming months.  Any other fourth of July Brides? Nine months to go today! How is everyone coming with their plans? 

When is my wedding

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Re: July 2008 Brides!
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Hi,

I'm a July 4th bride, holla!  My plans are not even half way done.  All I have is the hall (includes catering) and the DJ.  I just started dress shopping last weekend and found that it's not as simple as I thought.  I'm such a procrastinating looser! lol.

Question - Did anyone give you hard time when you told them that your wedding is on July 4th?

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Yay, another July 4th bride!  There's still a lot of time, and having the reception site booked is huge.  The rest will all fall into place.  And I hear you about the dress shopping. It took me a little while, and the first dress I fell in love with wasn't the one I ended up choosing.  And I'm so happy with the decision.  I'm sure you'll find the right one, too.  Hopefully it won't take much more searching.

Nobody's really given a hard time about the July fourth date.  I have heard a couple people (not among the guests) say something like, "that's gutsy" or something along those lines when I tell them my wedding date.  How about you? Have you been getting a hard time about it?

When is my wedding

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Yes, one of my BM, actually.  She said that people relate the date to cookouts and not to weddings, and why would we want to celabrate our anniversary on July 4th.  I don't see what the big deal is, it's not like it's a national day of mourning or something.  As a matter of fact, it's more of a festive holiday which means that those of us with anniversaries on that day will have fireworks every year to celebrate, literally. Wink

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Sorry to hear that you're getting a hard time from one of your BM's about it.  I totally agree with you about it being such a fun and festive holiday to celebrate a wedding during.  And people will have a long weekend that weekend, so it makes it convenient for everyone.  All in all, it works out perfectly and will be an anniversary we'll never forget! I do love that the whole country will be celebrating with fireworks on our anniversaries! 

When is my wedding

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Yes, and would you believe that she still hasn't said if she will take part in the wedding or not?!  According to her "she had already made plans".  Give me a break!  What else could she have made plans for so far in advance?  Another wedding?  LOL!!  We set our date earlier this year, around May/June, and she already "had plans" for next July.  Anyways, I told her that I would love to have her in my wedding party but, that it's an invitation not a summons and that she is free to say no.  I love my friend dearly and really value her friendship but, I refuse to let her or anyone take my joy away!  The beat will go on!Kiss

Where are the other July 08 brides?!?!?!

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Unless she has plans every year on July 4th for a family picnic or something like that, it's hard to know what to believe.  But I hope she will support you and be there for you.  It's great that you're keeping such a positive outlook, no matter what her decision ends up being.

I was wondering where the other July 2008  brides are, too.  Come join us!

When is my wedding

chiquita26 Posts : 11 Registered: 1/8/07
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

I'm getting married July 26, 2008

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: chiquita26

Yeah! Another July bride.  That's what I'm talking about!  Let's keep it rolling ladies!

We rule!Smile

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: chiquita26

Welcome to our little group! Yes, we do rule.

grins

Anyway, must be off for awhile, ladies, but I may log in later. Happy posting, and hopefully others will join the three of us in here.

Yay for July brides!

When is my wedding

supergeekgirl Posts : 130 Registered: 6/10/06
Posted: Oct 4, 2007 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

July 19th!  That's our date!

I'm a little behind I guess.  We've gotten most of the plans laid for theme, favor ideas, dress designs, etc.  We asked all of the BMs and GM, and they all agreed.  I finished making my dress, which is, I guess, a step.  Otherwise, all we have completely confirmed is the ceremony location.

True geek love...  8-)(-8

Visit our website!

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 8:51 AM Go to message in response to: supergeekgirl

Our little group is getting bigger! Yay for another July 2008 bride! It sounds like you've gotten a good start, and there's still lots of time. 

I must be way ahead, because we've done a little bit each month.  And now we have everything booked.  And I have gifts for my bridesmaids and flower girls, and my dress.  We got the flower girl dresses already because they went on clearance. Luckily they had what we're figuring will be the right sizes in store before the dress was discontinued totally.  This month, we're ordering the bridesmaids' dresses and sending out the save the date magnets we had done up at Staples this week.  The invitations are picked out, and I may go ahead and order them this month while there's still the really good discount on them.  So then there will just be fittings, consultations, paying installments to various vendors, and getting the invitations out. There will also be a few projects, like decorating the flower girl baskets with ribbon, making up the place cards, and getting the favors purchased and put together.

Usually I'm never this organized, but it's been fun.  And we've had a little over eight months since we got engaged to work on everything.

When is my wedding

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: supergeekgirl

Hi Super Girl!

Can you post pictures of your dress?  I would love to see it. 

This thread is going to be a great motivator for me.  I can't believe you guys have so much done already.  As I said b/4 I'm a procastinator.  In a few months the boards may be full of HELP! and VENT!!! threads from Yours Truly, as I try to do everything at the last minute. LOL.....!

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Yes, I'd love to see pics of the dress, too.  Oh, am I thinking of someone else, or is it the Galadria style dress?  If it is, I came across it somewhere in the dress forum, and it's very pretty.

Novieasita, glad this thread can help inspire you!

smiles

You have a great start on the big things.  Now it's mostly a matter of searching for the dress (which you will find), finding a photographer, looking into florists, and deciding on transportation. And a really fun part of planning...the honeymoon! Right? Then there's the little things like gifts, possibly favors, and invitations.  No worries. It will all get done.  Just a matter of doing the research to find and choose what you want.  This month is a great time to sort out some of the big things.  There's a ton of research you can do online even before making appointments to visit the different vendors.  Starting soon means you'll have lots of time to research, which means you'll have plenty of time to comparison shop and look for deals.

When is my wedding

Posted: Oct 5, 2007 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

Hi July brides! My date is a toss up between July 12 and July 19, but definitely July. I'm doing destination wedding, so I'm waiting to see if I'll get my preferred date. I'm currently booked for July 12, but really want July 19. Waiting to see!

I'm still early in my process. I actually started working on designing the invitations last night :o) I haven't even started looking for a dress.

Congrats to all of you!  Smile

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine