Male Engagement Rings ?!?!?!

Online Users: 1,366 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

TheeFutureMrsH Posts : 15 Registered: 4/30/07
Male Engagement Rings ?!?!?!
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 10:45 AM

Does anyone know where I can find an engagement ring for a Man? Or have any ideas as to what can be used as an engagement ring? (see, I'm planning to pop the question)....

Re: Male Engagement Rings ?!?!?!
Posted: Jun 21, 2007 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

I haven't seen an actual engagement ring for a man. My FH wanted a ring so we found a ring he liked and he wears that (when he remembers, lol) It's just a band, but it looks really cool! Depends on what jewelry style your FH likes, but look around and see if you can find something that fits his personality.

CrystalCool June 20th 2008 I marry the person who "gets" me!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;60/st/20080620/e/our+wedding%21%21%21%21+/dt/-

Posted: Jun 21, 2007 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

perhaps ask your jeweler about male commitment rings.

FutureMrsSchroe... Posts : 35 Registered: 6/5/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2007 2:29 AM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

Any band will work. My FH wanted a ring because he claims its not fair that women get a ring and men don't during the engagement period. We just went to Wal-Mart and bought a $40 white gold band. All jewelry stores have them in a variety of styles, widths and prices. Good luck if you haven't done it already(I didn't read the rest of the posts!)!
I get to marry my middle school sweetheart!

NightfallenRain Posts : 120 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Aug 5, 2007 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

most jewelry stores will have bands for men ... even wal-mart, kohl's, and k-mart have them in their jewelry sections.  i've never heard of committment bands before but that seems like a great idea also.

good luck!  and congratulations! 

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Posted: Aug 7, 2007 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

My Fh wanted an engagement ring too. We got him a simple band. For the wedding, we'll get him a more fancier band. He loves wearing his ring and I like seeing him wear it.  
The Big Day: 9/20/08

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

I knew a girl that she and her FH wore rings before they were married.  His was just a regular wedding band (titanium) and she wore her engagement ring AND 2 wedding bands on either side.  Honestly, it looked a little silly in their case.  When they were together everyone thought they were already married.  However, he asked her.

I think since you are planning on popping the question it would be cute.  Just don't plan on wearing wedding bands until after your wedding....PLEASE!!!

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 1:18 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

My FH wanted a band too.  He thought that it wasn't fair that only the FB should wear a ring.  So we bought him a plain sterling silver ring.  We will get him an actual wedding band when we go to pick mine out.  I think that anything will pretty much work for a guy.  As long as you know what he likes.  My FH wants some bling in his wedding band, so that's what we'll get, but I think for the engagement anything goes.  You don't want it to look like your actually married already!

Good luck!

FutureMrsMarye Posts : 8 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: Sep 2, 2007 5:10 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

My FH wants an engagement ring (we just got engaged a month ago! yay!!) and so im in the process of looking for one for him as a suprise because he doesnt know im planning on returning the favor.... plus he needs something to show everyone that he is a (almost) married man! but im just looking for something that suits his style and definitely not anything fancy because im saving that for his wedding ring. Best of luck!! :)

mrsarmyguy Posts : 20 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 1:31 AM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

All the ones I've seen, it's pretty much anything goes.  I got my hubby, who is into motorcycles, a tire tread ring matching his motorcycle tires.  It's different, which suits him....Do what makes you happy, throw everything out the window!

mrsarmyguy Posts : 20 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 1:31 AM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

All the ones I've seen, it's pretty much anything goes.  I got my hubby, who is into motorcycles, a tire tread ring matching his motorcycle tires.  It's different, which suits him....Do what makes you happy, throw everything out the window!

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

I got my man a silver celtic knotwork band on ebay for $20--he loves it.  He didn't think it was fair that I was "marked taken" and he wasn't.... Unfortunately it wasn't the right size but hey--it fits his pinky!  :-) 

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

www.Jeweltones.info does men's jewelry.  This is a bead jewelry website, not fine jewelry.  I got my guy a ring there and he loves it!  It is a chain ring, made to fit.  The web site needs lots of work, but just call and they'll help you!

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: TheeFutureMrsH

My guy's the one who prposed, but he wanted a ring himself. Don't ask me why. His engagement ring is just a white gold wedding band with milgrain edges.

Be careful with this one, though - almost everyone assumes he's married already. http://He's cool about it, though - if they ask, he tells them no, but if they just assume, i.e. "is your wife working?" he doesn't correct them.

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 11:27 PM Go to message in response to: Retired

I thought I was the only one who got my FH an engagement ring. He wanted one & I thought it was nice, so that it shows that he is engaged, too...not just me. He loves wearing it just as much as I love wearing mine ;o) Here is a pic of the ring I got him from Zales.

October 4, 2008

Bryan & Emy's Wedding Website

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine