How much are you planning to pay for each centerpiece?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
How much are you planning to pay for each centerpiece?
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 10:25 AM

HI all, I'm sorry to asked you this guys, but I would like to see if if the price I will have is proportional to the centerpiece. I would like top know how much are you willing to pay for each centerpiece & what kind of centerpiece you will have, with what type of flowers. Any pictures will be appreciated. Thanks !!

I saw on a website a very small floral centerpiece ( SMALL!) & it was $105 that I coudn't believe it.

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Re: How much are you planning to pay for each centerpiece?
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: Beca

I don't have pictures yet, but we did have floral centerpieces and I want to say it was around $100 per.  Crazy I know, but the flowers all came in a package deal and we only had 10 tables, so in the end it all evened out with the other floral costs being cheaper.  We had a mix of lilies, roses, and I don't know flower names so I'll stop there!

I do know other people who got fake flowers who said it was much cheaper and still looked gorgeous.  Or another wedding that I went to did alternate centerpieces, so flowers on one table and a hurricane vase with candle (that they bought for maybe $5 total per vase).  The effect was gorgeous and they said it saved them a bundle.  OR another wedding I went to had a cake on each table for the centerpiece, it looked great. 

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

Hi There I have decided to do my own centerpieces (my FMIL offered to do the bouquets and bouts) 

My centerpieces will cost me about $12 each:

15 roses: about $9, getting them from Costco for $15 per 25

1 vase: about $3

My time: priceless =)

Then I will have votives that the resort offers around it

Picture: (in profile too)

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

A substantial floral arrangement, professionally arranged, certainly can get costly. But, there are so many ways to get drama without spending that much money. Candles, fruits or veggies, a few floating flowers, a grass "garden" in the center of your table, using plants instead of cut flowers, lanterns, stones, beachy elements, petals and votives--just to list a few ideas, all can end up costing less and looking better than a "small" floral arrangement.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

peaches525 Posts : 14 Registered: 4/18/07
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

I was really nervous to see what our florist would quote for the centerpieces since those are generally the most costly part.  But she quoted $40-50 per centerpiece.  We estimated 13 tables and 6 of them will have rectangular glass vases with sunken hydrangea (apparently it thrives under water) and floating candles (with votives around them) and the other 7 will be pink and green floral arrangements in the same rectangular glass vases.  I wanted something low so that people could talk over them, but I wanted them to look full.

hollyb76 Posts : 249 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: peaches525

Ours are $25 per centerpiece for a medium size.

Beca Posts : 361 Registered: 9/28/06
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: peaches525

That's exactly the amount that seems reasonable for me, and maybe a little bit more like 60 or 70$. I also want something low but full of flowers. I would love to use hydrngeas & white roses, so I don't think these are the most expensive flowers either. So I'm expecting a reasonable price.

Thank you all for your responses!

MissBliss Posts : 4 Registered: 7/18/07
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Beca

I was quoted $45 each for a medium-sized centerpiece with mini calla lillies, roses, ranunculus, hypericum berries and filler. I think the filler brought the price down cause it's not that expensive, but I really like how the greenery looks in there with all the bright colors!

Still undecided if I'm going to go with the florist or try and DIY... 

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 9:16 AM Go to message in response to: MissBliss

I DIYed mine, and I think when all was said and done (table runner fabric, hurricane shades, candles, vase gems, vases, hydrangeas, ribbons, seating picture frames, etc).... I think it came to about $65 per table?? That's kindof a guestimate though, I was a little bad about keeping track because I tried to find a bunch of really good deals and everything was so spread out. For an actual floral arrangement for someone else to do, about $100 doesn't surprise me.... especially if you're in a high-cost area (different parts of the country have much higher prices than other parts of the country).

Really whether you can DIY or not depends on how complicated the arrangements are.... do you have a picture of the flower arrangement packages you're looking at?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine