2 week 'til wedding. FH's mom needs triple bypass surgery tomorrow!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

babagrlshell Posts : 63 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: 2 week 'til wedding. FH's mom needs triple bypass surgery tomorrow!
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: hollyb76

Holly- how did the surgery go? Give us updates and let us know her progress!

hollyb76 Posts : 249 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: babagrlshell

Well, the surgery was yesterday. Apparently, it went as well as it could. She is still in ICU and hasn't been seen yet. The wedding is in 11 days, so we will see what happens. I have heard opinions from you girls, my coworkers, and friends of varying opinions: no way that she'll be able to attend the wedding OR that she'll be ok at the wedding, but will need to sit and be really tired, so we'll see. It is nice to know that I can come on here and feel supported. Thank you!

sandraxtna Posts : 86 Registered: 8/26/07
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: hollyb76

My dad had a quadruple heart bypass this year and he still has affects from it. The doctor forbade him from driving for a few weeks and he couldn't get up by himself because he had to grip his a pillow to his chest.

Here's to a quick recovery for your FMIL. Best of luck

hollyb76 Posts : 249 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: sandraxtna

I JUST found out that my FH's mom won't be at the wedding. He is devastated and I just want to cry. I know we can videotape it and we are greateful that she is alive and all, but it still doesn't take away the pain of her not being able to attend her own son's wedding :( Thank you to everyone for your support and prayers.

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 4:12 PM Go to message in response to: hollyb76

Holly-
I'm sorry to hear that your FH's mom went through this surgery. I didn't see this post until now but I'm glad to hear that her surgery went well.

As for her not being able to make it to your wedding, I know it's really tough and it is devastating but if you look on the brighter side, she pulled out of this surgery fine and she will have a better life now. And even though she won't be with you at your wedding, she will be there in spirit, and when or if you decide to have kids, I'm sure she'll be there and won't miss it for the world. Just have a good videographer there!! Maybe someone could call her and have her on speaker phone during the ceremony?

~Lisa Naomi

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: hollyb76

Sorry to hear that she cannot attend the wedding!  This would devastate me also, but just think on the bright side.  Everything went well with her surgery!  I know it's still not fair that she will not be attending the wedding, but you have to look at the bright side!

Good luck with everything!

BTW Is there any way that someone could record the ceremony via webcam (I think that's the appropriate resource), so that she could see it live?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine