Age? Living together? Time together?

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 71

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Re: Age? Living together? Time together?
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 7:00 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

Our 3 year anniversary is in 2 days. We have lived together for 2 years now.

I am 26 and FH is 28

The Big Day: 9/20/08

Posted: Sep 17, 2007 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: lldhw5

FH and I met when I was 22.

After only four months of dating, we moved in together.

After 11 months of dating, we were engaged.

Now, I'm 25 and we'll be engaged for over two years when we get married this June.

Sometimes, you just know. I was all so natural and I couldn't imagine life without him now. 

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: lldhw5

I'm going to sound crazy, but here goes:

FH and I were together for two months before he proposed.  I was 17, he was 19.  We decided immediately that since we were so young, we'd have a long engagement.

We've now been engaged for over three years, and the wedding is in December.  I'm 20, he's (almost) 22.  We've been living together for two years.

ChucksGrl0215 Posts : 407 Registered: 8/27/07
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: totobride

FH just proposed last night. We will be together for 3 years in Febuary. We started living together about a year ago and he is 25 and I am 23.
"I am someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."

Posted: Sep 20, 2007 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: ChucksGrl0215

i'm 27, my husband is 30. we got married 2 months ago. :)

we moved in together on our 1st date after being introduced through a mutual friend only a week earlier - kinda crazy story but hey - it worked out!!!

we were together for over 2.5 yrs when he proposed and were engaged for 13 months planning the wedding.

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

Posted: Sep 20, 2007 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and I met when I was 23 and he was 24.

We were together a little over a year and a half when we got engaged. 

Our third anniversary passed in June. 

We will have been together nearly 3 and a half years on our wedding day. 

We don't live together and won't until Novemer 3rd!

November 3, 2007 I become Mrs. Vazquez! If this is a dream, please don't wake me up...

LdyJewels Posts : 75 Registered: 1/10/07
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

He was 19, I was 20 when we got together.  We've been together for a little over 5 years... and just moved in together in March.  Getting married in June 08!

"

Suzblondie27 Posts : 227 Registered: 11/30/06
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: LdyJewels

FH and I got together when we were 17..that was 5/23/02...we got engaged 2 years later when we were 19 in London, England while on vacation...I moved in with him about a year ago.  We will be 23 when we get married on June 21,2008. So we will be together when we get married a little over 6 years.

I MARRY MY BEST FRIEND AND BECOME  MRS. ANDERSON

JUNE 21, 2008

rkto Posts : 6 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: Suzblondie27

I am reading this in awe.  I have been with my boyfriend for 10 years (living together for 1) and I am 30 yrs old.  He will be 30 next month.  We are not yet engaged, I came on this website for my sister and started reading.  I know that normal people dont have such long relationships before getting engaged, but I have become so used to us that when people say that they are engaged after 1-2 years I feel like they aren't ready although they are ... I have to get over this feeling.   Probably I am just jealous that I have had to wait this long.

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: Suzblondie27

When we started dating, 6/24/00, FH was 16 and I was 15. We met online and spent the first yr and a half talking by phone/internet. We met face to face in Nov 2001. He moved to live with me and my family in Aug 2002 (when we were both 18).

So we've been together for 7 years and lived together for 5. He proposed after 6 1/2 yrs. When we get married, we'll both be 24.

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 12:15 AM Go to message in response to: rkto

My future husband and I met when we were 19 and had dated for 13 years before we got engaged earlier this year. In that time, we were together for college, but long distance as he went to grad school, I went to law school, and we both started careers. We'll both be 33 when we get married.

I didn't necessarily want to wait this long to get married, but at the same time I simply can't imagine getting married when my sister did, at 22. I got a chance to go to law school like I'd always dreamed, travel abroad, and start a career. My sister had three kids by the time she was 25, including a set of twins. No thanks, not for me! Heck, I wasn't even ready to get married until I was 30 or so. To each his or her own.

In some ways, I feel very lucky that I found my future husband early. I distinctly remember one evening when I was 19 looking at my now fiance and thinking, "This is the man I'm going to marry!" At the same time, I knew I was nowhere near ready to actually make such a commitment. I had too much to do!

I am fortunate that we were able to grow as individuals before we get married. Soon, we'll be husband and wife, and we already have a strong relationship to build our marriage on.

I don't think there's any one way to do all this...whatever works, works!

FutureMrsSchroe... Posts : 35 Registered: 6/5/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 3:33 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I met my future husband when I was 12 and he was almost 13. We started "dating" a few months later. We've been together ever since. We got engaged after dating for about 6 1/2 years. When we get married we will have been together for almost 10 years. I love that I found him right away. We knew that we were going to get married early on in High School...I don't know too many people that have been with their FH as long as I have so it's nice to see some more people on here that are more similar to me. I wish everyone good luck with their planning!!
I get to marry my middle school sweetheart!

Jax013 Posts : 283 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 1:54 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsSchroe...

I am marrying the love of my life!
I am 25yrs old and my FH is 30yrs old.

We have been together for almost 4 years.
Living together for 2 1/2 years.
He asked me to marry him in the Grand Canyon this past June.
We are getting married Oct. 12, 2008:)

Best ~ Jackie & Bill October 12, 2008:)

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

what a great story!!!

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: rkto

LOL, I know what you mean... I mean look at the history of me and my FH :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine