Average price for reception hall?

Online Users: 1,271 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

MisOctober Posts : 167 Registered: 5/2/07
Average price for reception hall?
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:17 PM

What is everyone paying for their place of reception? I am just starting to look at venues, this one place I would really love to have my reception is $3,000 just to rent the hall, is this resonable, or a little high?

hollyb76 Posts : 249 Registered: 9/27/06
Re: Average price for reception hall?
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

HI, my reception site is $3000 to rent and that's the alumni rate

GUEST21 Posts : 812 Registered: 2/2/07
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

My reception hall is $29,000 for taxes, gratuity, dinner, cake, cocktail hour, ice sculpture, stations, for 200 people. Im in Northern NJ prices are ridiculous here.

~Tati, WIfe to Rob on Spetember 13, 2008   :-) ~

Our wedding website: robandtatiswedding.weddingannouncer.com/

WaterySylph Posts : 208 Registered: 3/5/07
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

Gah! So glad I live in Oregon. The highest price I've seen is $3600 and the lowest is $350. That's not including the millions(okay maybe not millions, but close) of parks that cost $25-100 a day. And I thought that was awful. Guess I was wrong. Jeesh!

"If you live to be one hundred years old, I want to live to be one hundred minus a day, so I never have to live one day without you. - Pooh

ryanandamanda Posts : 376 Registered: 7/25/07
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: GUEST21

Holy wow, I'm glad I'm not in NJ!  My reception is $3200 linked with the ceremony which is another $1000.  That's not including food and beverage though, so it'll probably be somewhere between $7000-$8000 total, yikes!  They do include alot with the reception, set up and clear, floor attendants. choice of seven great centerpieces, punch and cake servers, flatware, glass plates and cups, linens in any choice of color, bridal consultant.....

ChicaChels Posts : 656 Registered: 10/12/06
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

i think it matters where you live. obviously a reception in ny or ca or chicago is guna cost more than iowa/nebraska which is where i am. our reception hall (DC Centre in omaha, ne if you want to look at it google DC Centre OMaha, ne and its the first URL) was $1000.00 to rent and they have in house catering and alcohol and with the package we chose (which is unlimited open bar for 6 hours) and a 3 main entree, 2 potato, 2 salad, and rolls and iced tea or punch is $30/head. So it will end up costing about $17,000 is what I figured. But we're also having a fairly large reception- FH's family is huge and we both have a ton of seperate friends (were expecting about 400 people)

the good thing about the hall we rented though, is just the $1000.00 includes tables/chairs/dishes/silverware and white table cloths (which is what we want) and we also got special discounts through other vendors who are in contract w/ the DC centre (we didnt have to use them but the prices were great!) and they also have a full time DJ there that was only like $700 and it's one of the most recogonized services in the metro (complete music)
and our chair covers were only .25 cents a piece, rather than $1.00 and our decorator is charging us only $3000.00 to decorate the ceiling, behind the cake table, head table, and do custom made center pieces (they're vases that sit on a box that makes the water green and sparkly with pink stargazer lilys in them) so we didnt have to pay for our centerpiece flowers through a florist. also this includes whatever we decide to decorate our church with, set up, tear down, etc.

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

We are paying about $28,000 for 200 guests.  That includes cocktail hour, sit down dinner, open bar for six hours, seat covers, table linen, silverware, and even centerpieces.  We live in the Northern NJ.

08JuneBride Posts : 16 Registered: 1/15/07
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

We are paying 20,000 for about 200 guests. This price includes open bar for 1 hour, 2 bottles of wine on each table, the cake, flower centerpieces, champagne toast, table linens, chair covers, and the dinner. We live in the Boston area.

Daisypath Ticker"

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 1:30 AM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

I'm estimating the cost of my reception site to be about 3500 after we pay for the hall, and food and drinks for 250 people. But I am estimating high--FH and I want to whittle the list down to 200 so in that case it would be a little less than that. But my hall only cost me 650 and I get it for 2 1/2 days, plus bartenders and clean up. And if we need to, I could have my ceremony on the grounds, but that won't happen since it's July in Missouri. :)

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

we're at 11,500 for roughly 120 people which includes, open bar for 5 hours, 2 entrees, salad, app, cake, centerpieces, service charge, 2 bartenders and a wedding hostess. Then we pay 6% tax. I thought it included a lot, especially the centerpieces. We're in Bucks County, PA, which is right over the river from NJ.
Daisypath Ticker

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Here, the average price for a place is $600-750. and then about  $24 on up per person....for everything!  Makes a huge difference in where you live!

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 12:22 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

Yikes @ some of these prices. I do realize it is where you live. Our reception hall is going to cost us $575 (yes you read that right) for the entire day. That includes the price of the hall, security, and sound system/projector. The ball room accomodates 225 people. We opted out of "in house" catering and the caterer (who's giving me the "friend discount") is going to cost us about $1400 for 200 people.

Again, I'm in Mississippi.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Our venue cost $500 for the entire day, and we can go the day before and decorate.  They'll have someone there to supervise the vendors so the lady who has been helping me can attend the wedding.  The caterer is $550 for 50 people, that includes 2 choices of meat, 2 vegetables, rolls, 2 fruit trays, salad, tea, tableware, maintaining my chocolate fountain and serving the cake. 

We live in NC.

sammy3 Posts : 35 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

good for you Smile any brides out there in the baltimore md area that can tell me the average price out there
sammy

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 7:26 PM Go to message in response to: MisOctober

we rented a historic mansion with a large ballroom in my town (we live in a college town in the midwest) and it was about $1000 for the rental, this included all the use of the hall, kitchen, tables, and chairs and they set up the tables and chairs.  the place was GORGEOUS. it fit about 100-200 people, we had about 100.  and rented it for 6 hours.  another place in our town does not include tables or chairs and fits 200 on the lawn but only about 50 inside and is $400 to rent for the day.  3k for my area would be quite high I think. but most of the places you rent and have to tget the catering from them.
Daisypath Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine