Riu Ocho Rios and other Qs

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 514

Aftin Posts : 3 Registered: 7/3/07
Re: Riu Ocho Rios and other Qs
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 7:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Brittney,

Could you please send me the  info that you received from Chandlyn about the extra prices?  Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.  My email is aftink@hotmail.com 

Aftin

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

yes but you want to make sure they get them.. that is why we always leave room for errors to occur and we say 60 days.

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

Posted: Aug 15, 2007 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

everyone needs a passport.. even the baby

Tammy

chicago88 Posts : 37 Registered: 1/9/07
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: elitegrp

Does anyone know if the Riu was damaged by the hurricane?
CoolTherese & Jay

Posted: Aug 25, 2007 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: chicago88

Ocho Rios fared pretty well and the Riu did not experience any major damage, just some cosmetic landscaping clean up to do.

I have been hearing it from some of my guests about how far our resort is from the hotel. I am still happy with my choice but if this is a concern for other brides still in the very early stages of planning it looks like Montego Bay is going to be getting some new hotels. Iberostar just opened and looks great and it looks like the RIU will be opening a resort in Mo Bay. I also know Secrets is coming to Jamaica and I think it may give Sandals a run for it's money but I forget which part of Jmaica. So I just thought I owuld throw that out there.

Mo

Aftin Posts : 3 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Tammy or anyone who can help me,

Do you know how I go about getting a certified copy of my drivers license or passport.  I have talked with the people who renew the license, the state gov't office traffic division, and the US dept of passports and nobody can tell me how to go about this.  I am getting so frustrated...please help!!

What do these papers actually entail?

Aftin

Posted: Aug 30, 2007 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: Aftin

I am newly engaged and we were planning a Christmas 2008 wedding at Riu Ocho Rios.  I have just read some very scary reviews should I be concerned?

Posted: Aug 30, 2007 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

What did you read?  I read a couple of reviews. as well. but they are trivial.. if you are not organized.. if you dont have someone to make sure everything is perfect.. and have everything in writing to the resort.. with a notation that says....

Please confirm in writing.. you can have some issues.  I watch over all my brides. 

hope this helps.

Tammy

Nicole3536 Posts : 26 Registered: 2/28/07
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

**MakeItHappen**

I don't know if you already addressed this, but I was wondering what happened with getting all the OOT bags and goodies there.  Did you end up shipping them or just packing them with you?  Thanks!

-Nicole

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: Nicole3536

Hello.  I am getting married at the Riu Ocho Rios in Nov. 2008.  I have about 30 guests coming and I have tons of questions.  I would like to have my reception dinner on the beach under a tent has anyone done that or know if it's possible?  Has anyone recently gotten married there, or have any feedback. that would be sooo helpful  Thanks for any input and congrats to all the brides!!

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Gemini Libra

Congratulations!  Yes you can ask me anythng and I can help you plan the wedding.. I know everything about the RIU.. as you can see from many posts, I come highly recommended.  First.. we have to get you the wedding date.. Riu is booking up very quickly.. and next work on the rest.  you can ask any of the girls for my email address.. I cannot post it here. 

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

Tammy

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: elitegrp

Hello to everyone and congratulations on your past or upcoming nuptials! I'm new to this forum, as well as wedding planning and like everyone else, I have tons of questions. I too plan to marry at the Riu Ocho Rios in July 2008. I've had a chance to read all of the previous posts and I found all the information to be very helpful!

I was hoping to get some advice and/or HELP! from Tammy, or anyone else that had this problem. I wanted to marry on July 19, 2008, but Riu O.R. is totally booked on that date, according to the website. The next best date was July 12, 2008 at 12pm, for which I received a confirmation number. I prefer to have it on the 19th, or at least have it later in the day. Is there anyway to  to see if any other date/time arrangements can be made? I think I saw one post where Tammy was able to assist someone with getting a better time. If it turns out I can't move it, I will proceed with what I have. I saw a suggestion in a post on how to handle the early ceremony and later reception, which will work if needed.

Also, if anyone has pictures, wedding option, and restaurant option information they are willing to share, I would most appreciate it. My email address is: tricie001@hotmail.com. Particularly Tammy and Shirea (and one other person I think I missed)---you two had information you were willing to email.

Thank you in advance, ladies! I look forward to chatting with you all and learning the ropes from you.

Letrice   Cool

BrittneyD Posts : 36 Registered: 4/14/07
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 10:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Letrice,

I am getting married at RIU on July 12, 2008. It would be fun to meet you down there. Check out the forum at www.bestdestinationwedding.com. There are a ton of active ROR brides that will be able to help you. We already have a ton of helpful information posted.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: BrittneyD

Congratulations! It would be cool to meet you there. Unless my date somehow changes, we'll be arriving on July 9. Thanks for the site suggestion; I'm going there now. How early did you confirm your date? Thanks to reading this forum, I did mine last night and got my confirmation today. I thought I was ahead of the game and figured I would be able to get my July 19 date!!!

Which location did you pick? The beach or garden gazebo, or the arches on the beach?

I'm on day 2 of my planning...long way to go!

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 10:26 PM Go to message in response to: BrittneyD

Congratulations! It would be cool to meet you there. Unless my date somehow changes, we'll be arriving on July 9. Thanks for the site suggestion; I'm going there now. How early did you confirm your date? Thanks to reading this forum, I did mine last night and got my confirmation today. I thought I was ahead of the game and figured I would be able to get my July 19 date!!!

Which location did you pick? The beach or garden gazebo, or the arches on the beach?

I'm on day 2 of my planning...long way to go!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine