im back!....with pics!

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

SoInLove987 Posts : 415 Registered: 1/31/07
im back!....with pics!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 2:28 PM

hey ladies, its been a long time! i hope you all are doing great.
The last couple months have been crazy! Filled with excitement, sadness, stress, and so much more!
To start...we lost my husbands father. As some of you know, I had quit my job to stay home and take care of him. Well, we lost him three weeks before the wedding. We were really hoping that he would make it through till the wedding because DH was so upset just thinking that his father wouldnt be there. But in a way, we were happy about it because he isnt in pain anymore. We had a chair for him during the ceremony and the reception, we lit a candle for him during the ceremony. And we know he was there because DH's phone started ringing during the ceremony seconds before we exchanged rings. Not necessarily his father right? Wrong!!! Before the ceremony, he put his cell phone on silent. Theres no way that it could of rang. besides that, when a blocked or unknown number calls him, it comes up all 8's. This call actually said "unknown" Freaky shit.
So, the wedding was perfect! I honestly could not of asked for a better day! There was no huge problems or drama or anything. Everyone had a great time!
I was so stressed about the weather becuase when I woke up, it looked so nasty outside. It was actaully thundering and lightning all the way until I got to the aisle. Then, it stopped. The clouds parted and the sun was shining and we had a beautiful ceremony with a nice breeze blowing.
Here are a couple of my favorite pics. There are over 100 on my myspace if you wanna check them out. Plus, these pics dont look very good on here. They are sized better on my myspace. Enjoy!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" alt="" width="28" height="30">
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" alt="" width="200" height="300">
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" alt="" width="200" height="300">

Check out my myspace page: www.myspace.com/amy0784

Check out my wedding website: www.mywedding.com/amyandwilliam

I dont know how to work the Ticker thing so.....Wedding Date September 8, 2007!!! Cant wait to marry the man of my dreams!!! <3

Message was edited by SoInLove987 on Sep 20, 2007 2:38 PM

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Re: im back!....with pics!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: SoInLove987

You look so beautiful - I love the one where he is holding you up and the dress is flowing out behind you. I also really like the one that has FH holding out your dress when you are at the gazebo - I know it's not on here, but it's one of my favorites.

That IS so cool abou tthe phone ringing while on silent - I know from first hand experience that electronic devices are quite easy for spirits to control - plus, the rain clouds and icky weather subsided at the exact perfect time - I love it!

So glad you had a wonderful time, everything looks gorgeous, you did a lovely job with all the work you put into this - where did you go on your honeymoon?

What if the hokey pokey really IS 

what it's all about? 

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: SoInLove987

Amy,

You guys look so happy, congrats!.  Sorry to hear of your FIL's passing.  The story of the cell phone ringing was his way of letting you know that he was there....

Funny, my MOH dad passed away several years ago, the day of his funeral the lights went out in the funeral home.  Her mom said, "John always said the day I die the lights will go out".    Well I was getting my makeup & hair done at my house and my MOH was with me, the lights flickered, in an instant she said "Hi Dad".  Yup, her dad was there with us. 

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

Posted: Sep 20, 2007 9:04 PM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

we went to this german-like town in georgia called Helen. Its up in the mountains. We stayed in this secluded cabin with no phones and no internet and it was so nice just to be with him. We bought a puzzle and worked on that and hung out in the hot tub and had lots of sex! lol. In the town, there was shopping and horse and carriage rides and lots to eat. And we played mini golf and ate lots of homemade ice cream. It was so great, romantic, and fun.

I dont know how to work the Ticker thing so.....Wedding Date September 8, 2007!!! Cant wait to marry the man of my dreams!!! <3

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: SoInLove987

You guys make a beautiful couple!  I love the shot where dh is throwing you up in the air.  Congratulations!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: BrideChica

Hey so good to see you back on here, Ive missed you. You and Dh went through so much with his dad; and its so sad that he is gone but like you said, not in pain anymore and that is SUCH a relief...noone should ever be in that kind of pain... Im so happy you could feel him there with you on your Wedding Day.

You looked gorgeous..what a gorgeous dress, so different. Great cake, and such happy pictures ... Beautiful!

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: SoInLove987

Your wedding looked gorgeous. I saw on your myspace that you went to Helen, GA. My DH and I went to Forrest Hills Mountain Resort in Dahlonega, GA which is just up the road from Helen. We spent one day in Helen and loved it.

Dyanna

I was married on May 5, 2007!!!!!

LisaN Posts : 285 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 6:00 PM Go to message in response to: SoInLove987

I too love the picture where DH is throwing you in the air! You two look so happy together! I looked a dress just like yours! What is it?

Sorry to hear about FIL. He really was with you two that day. It really touched me that you had a seat for him and lit a candle for him.

~LisaNaomi

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: LisaN

Lisa, its from Alfred Angelo. I loved it!!!! My only complaint was that the bustle didnt sit right.
Engaged, Helen was awesome! Its such a neat town. I wanna go back in the summer when there is tubing on the river.

I dont know how to work the Ticker thing so.....Wedding Date September 8, 2007!!! I married the man of my dreams!!! <3

pepsichick83 Posts : 26 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: SoInLove987

Everything looked so beautiful!!  I'm sorry to here about DH father and that probably was him during the ceremony calling to let you know he was there.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine