I chose my own ring- he's upset

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

chocsie Posts : 41 Registered: 6/29/07
I chose my own ring- he's upset
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 8:17 AM

Ok ladies...advice please. We've already begun planning our wedding. In fact, we had a date set but due to financial difficulty, we've had to postpone. So, long story short we know we're getting married in '09, we've yet to set the date. I knew he was looking at rings, and I've been looking also. I found "the one" for a good price. I told him about it and coersed him into putting his money down on it. I just told him how much I love it and how great a deal it is. So, I got the feeling he wasn’t thrilled about it. I couldn’t figure out why, since hello…I love it! Anyway, he finally breaks down and says b/c I wanted to surprise you with a ring and now Im feeling like your'e running the show. I told him lots of brides chose their own ring. I honestly don’t want anyone else picking out the ring I'll wear for the rest of my life. Im picky about jewelry and hellooo….I love this one! All of this is to ask, should I tell him to get his money back and let him chose the ring? I don’t want a stigma attached to my darn wedding ring. I would hate to think back looking at it and remember how he didn’t want to get that one. What do you think ladies?

Re: I chose my own ring- he's upset
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 8:26 AM Go to message in response to: chocsie

I've decided Im going to have him get the money back. I want to let him do it the way he wants. I guess Im a bit of a control freak. I should relax and let him do this part. Afterall, I will have the whole wedding to plan. I'll just make sure my Aunt goes w/him when he picks the ring. He and his friend went to pick a ring for him to propose w/and the poor girl ended up with a cocktail ring!

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: chocsie

Okay even though you asked and answered you own question.  I will just add this comment.  He saw the ring you loved so he knows your taste.  The ring he gets will probably a cross between the one you pick out and the one he thinks is the one.  Whatever he does please show him how happy you are with his choice.

we belong togetherKiss

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: chocsie

come back and let us know how much you love the surprise.  i think you will, it's ok not to be in control!

Posted: Sep 19, 2007 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: FALLbrideINLOVE

Thanks ladies, I actually had the same thought about him knowing what I want now. I'll definitely share the news when it happens.Laughing

Posted: Sep 21, 2007 8:41 AM Go to message in response to: chocsie

Well ladies, he refuses to get his money back. He said if that's the one I love, it's the one he wants me to have! LaughingHe's been talking about it more and more. Im so glad. I feel so anxious, I want that ring now. Not like I want it b/c it's shiny and diamond. It's not "the ring", I want to be officially engaged. You all know what I mean Im sure. I do like not knowing when he done paying and even more when he's going to give it to me. I also cant lie, I love that I know that Im going to love the ring.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine