september brides 07???

Online Users: 1,341 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 295
Re: september brides 07???
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow, it really is crunch time!! I'm getting married Sept. 15th - almost there! I'm not feeling too stressed as of now, but that all might change in a week. I think it's mainly a feeling of wow, this is really happening...soon!!

I also have had issues with people and rsvp's. I called my aunt to see if her and her husband would be attending (they didn't bother to send the rsvp in). I asked her husband if they would be attending, and he said, "Uh, I don't know. Why do you need to know?? Um, didn't your aunt just go to something for you? (yes, my shower!?!) Geez, I really can't answer you right now, I'll tell your aunt to call you about this when she has time. I guess some people simply don't understand how to be courteous. Smile

Posted: Aug 30, 2007 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We are REALLY crunched!!! Daughter's wedding is THIS Saturday!!! Everyone is excited, of course! No one moreso than the bride-to-be! Just some last minute details to work out and it's a GO! I'm sure it will be beautiful and if some small thing goes wrong, no one will notice but us! Congrats to ALL the September brides! I hope all goes smoothly for you, as well. Just remember to HAVE FUN!!! Laughing  Happy weddings everyone!

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 12:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

One month from today! Well, 30 days, but whatever. Right now I'm writing out rehearsal dinner invites. I need to coordinate everything with the photographer, DJ and caterers and then write out an itinerary for everyone. Will hopefully get program and unity candle done next week and hopefully mom will get flowers done before then. And then we all just sit back and enjoy (hopefully). We need to make our playlist for the DJ... and we still need to buy groomsmen's gifts!

Who else besides the wedding party gets gifts? I know the parents do but what about whoever does the readings and my personal attendant? And is there anyone else I'm forgetting? What kind of gifts are appropriate for those who do stuff for the wedding, but not the WP? Like the same kind or maybe smaller? I don't actually have money budgeted for the parents and the extras so I'm hoping we can get away cheaper.

And also, who gets tips? The only real vendors I have are photographer, DJ and caterers. Do they need tips? A friend is doing our cake and mom's doing my flowers. For our friends doing the cake we're going to take them out to dinner or something and I'll do something special for my mom. I'm just stumped on the actual tips. I tried posting the question elsewhere and haven't really gotten good answers.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments 07SeptBride! I'm so excited to get all dressed up for my wedding day finally!

Congratulations and good luck to this weekend's brides! I'm sad that I have to wait all the way til the end of the month and then there wont be anyone left!

Message was edited by jessd0320 on Aug 30, 2007 12:38 AM

Posted: Aug 30, 2007 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

We got gifts for all the "helpers". Cake cutters, punch bowl attendant, guest book attendant, bubble attendants, etc. We got them smaller, less expensive gifts, of course. Our organist and sound tech are being paid for their services, so we did not get gifts for them; but are inviting them ( along with their spouses ) to the rehearsal dinner. We also got a small appropriate gift ( along with his fee ) for our officiant. Our helpers' gifts include scented jar candles, a nominal gift card, and perfume. For the younger helpers we went with nominal gift cards from our local Dollar Tree Store! Our minister's gift was a pen set with inspirational inscriptions engraved on it. I"ve never heard of "tipping" the vendors. But, I suppose if you wanted to, that would be fine. Laughing

Posted: Aug 30, 2007 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok from what i gather in research from family, friends and internet -   TIPS     DJ, LIMO, OFFICIANT - HERE is a rule of thumb my aunt told me - ANYBODY who offers services that is NOT THE OWNER OF THE SERVICE - Limo driver - the photographer if it is for a company they dont own and so on and so on - same thing for Hair Stylist -

HMMMM - GIFTS --- I bought gifts for all of the brides maids, groomsmen, flower girl, ring bearer - as far as parents - We paid for the whole entire wedding our selves  - neither set of parents helped financially - so after the honeymoon we are taking both sets of parents out to dinner as a gift to them - they both understand the budget we are in and are not expecting gifts from us ====  I do have to get something for my two cousins who are seating cards hostess and guest book hostess  - they are gonna stand there and make sure people sign in and find their seating cards and seats if need be .......

Can anybody offer a LIST of things we should be doing or have done for the last 4 weeks of WEDDING PREP ...... all the lists i have seen are bascially the same - I feel like im MISSING somthing or FORGETTING something

I will start with one i thought of:

Make sure u Pack an OUTFIT to WHERE from the HOTEL room the DAY AFTER THE WEDDING - that u dont have to wear your dress to check out (LOL) 

See things like this!!!!!! LOL - which i thought of one night in BED and i still driving myself crazy trying to think of things to pack or be prepared for before the wedding - but I know im FORGETTING something!!!!

thanks for your help!!!!

GOOD LUCK - BRIDES

Nikki and John

9/29/2007

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey Ladies! Wedding is over and here are some of the pics taken by a friend of ours! Sept. 1 was the special day! Hope you all enjoy the pics! http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/Lisajean65/Wedding/Wedding%201/

Posted: Sep 5, 2007 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

wow the bride LOOKS BEAUTIFUL and the whole wedding was a HUGE success !!!!!!!! Wonderful - I love seeing pics !!!!!!

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!

the bride is BRANDI right?? I love her shoes in the one pic are they flip flops - i so want a pair like them!!!!!!

thank you so much for sharing !!!!!!!

NIKKI

9/29/2007 i marry my honey

Posted: Sep 5, 2007 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks so much! Yes, the bride is Brandi! She got the flip-flops on eBay and got some for ALL the gals in the wedding party to match their gowns. Maid-of-honor and one flower girl got gold flip-flops, bridesmaids and other flower girl got pink ones, and hers were white. They all wore them to the rehearsal and to the reception after the ceremony. That's why she had hers on; wore bridal heels during the wedding itself; but then put on the flip-flops! Check out eBay if you'd like to buy some; they were VERY reasonable! We got tons of compliments on the wedding and the reception! Everything turned out great; but SO HAPPY it's all behind us! LOL  Good luck with yours! Laughing

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Great pics. I can't wait to share mine!

Its weird. I have only 23 days until my wedding. It seemed like it would never come and now its finally so close. But I'm pretty indifferent to it right now. I wonder when I'll start freaking out. Will it be in a day or two? A week? Or will I make it all the way until the rehearsal dinner and just completely lose it? It'll be interesting to see.

Well the rsvp date is Saturday, and two days ahead of that we've only gotten back about half the cards... well the cards or the people we know are coming and the ones who just told me... so I'm undecided about what to do to find out all the rest for sure. Like my extended family I'm sure are all yes regardless of if they send the card back or not... but its also a matter of if my cousins are bringing dates. And i don't have their phone numbers to call and ask. The other group is from our old hometown and I think its pretty unlikely that any of them who aren't in the wedding party will come. But I can just email them.

But, I was happy to figure out the other day that even if all the MIA responses said yes, we are officially under the guest amount our catering estimate is based on. We invited 145 people, but the estimate was for 110 and even including meals for the DJ and photographer, we only have 109! So here on out we're saving money! Thats great because we really need it.

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

Hey Ladies!!

I am officially one day away from the wedding.  So far there's no freak out, just tired of all the little things.  But it will be great!  Everyone is helping so much and it's really coming together.  I am taking a half day at work today, then heading off to go decorate the reception hall.  I get up tomorrow morning to decorate the ceremony site, then off to get ready!  We don't leave for our honeymoon until next saturday the 15th, so hopefully I can get some pics up for you ladies.  For any other Sept. 8th brides...Have a great weekend!!!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2007 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

It's sneaking up on us, isn't it?  I think about all the stuff I still have to do and I start to freak out.  Things are starting to fall into place, but the closer I get to the big day, the more nervous I get.

Posted: Sep 7, 2007 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

HELLO BRIDES!!!!!!!!  

Well the invitations are out the deadline for response is today (September 7th) and there are roughly still 27 out there that I have no idea wheather they are coming or not - I'm very limited on space but enough room for everyone - Just it comes down to round or retangle tables (I really really want round) - so i have to give my head count by the end of next week to the hall.  this makes me sooo angry that people cant send a dam card back in the mailbox that already has a stamp on it - how hard is this??? 

Yes, I am also waiting for the breaking point - lol- I feel fine right now - but i know my nerves are on a short string because of all the anixiety, stress, and nervousness.

I feel like im forgetting this piece of the puzzle somewhere and it totally freaks me out!!! 

I still have tons of things to do - such as finish the programs - meet with the Judge - meet with the dj - finish place cards - talk to the hall (caterer) - finish some details on the centerpieces - order chocalate cards for the favors - buy liquor for the bridal dance - oh my the list goes on and on - I better stop i might start freaking out !!!!!!

As i said earlier _ "its Crunch time"

I have been planning for over a year and a half and now its COMING - oh my

I wish you all the very best and hope you have a wonderful day for your wedding ((((Please no rain))))

NIKKI and JOHN

September 29, 2007

Posted: Sep 10, 2007 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hiya September Brides!!!!!! It is me again

Well it is Monday - I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.......well the rsvps are in the deadline was on Friday and for the most part most replyed execpt for a few we already knew werent going to come - So i took a trip to the Reception Hall checked out the venue again got the seating chart -

My mother and I worked on the seating chart the whole weekend - OH MY !!!!! First of all my reception hall has 2 different size tables and they tell you where they are there are 6s and 8s what a mess to figure out because they are scattered about - and you know how family and friends are - you cant sit this one with this one and dont put this one any where near this one!!!! - OH my-

then have to work with different size tables - lol

well we got it finished on Sunday -

we had to do seating because they only put out the number of tables we need for the amount of people we request and no extra tables unless we are paying for it ..... so trying to keep my mother happy, my guests happy and the groom's family happy I find this to be quite of a challenge and hope i never have to do it again!!!!!!!!

I meet with the dj tonight and set up my appointment with the Judge for next week - things are moving along!!!!!

I have to do the little cards that attach to the favors that is my goal for this week lol

I still havent freaked out yet!!!!! this is a plus - having the new house helps - it keeps me very busy

Rehearsal dinner is still up in the air - we cant decided what we want to do - we are paying for it and we have 30 people attending - do i want it at my new house with the Mess or I can have it at a friends bar who has a separte room but 30 is going to be tight ??? Decisions Decisions - what are you doing for Rehearsal Dinner?????? 

My house is quite huge but not big enough for everyone in one room - they will be scattered about - between the rec room, dinning room, deck, kitchen and living room - so i dont know - PLUS i just got all new Carpet put in throughout the whole house which was an expense we werent planning on having with the wedding and it took some of the wedding fund .......

Let me know what you think

BEST OF LUCK

Nikki and John

9/29/2007

Posted: Sep 11, 2007 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

well ladies, our plane take off for NH tomorrow morning at 8:30.  Everything's done and I'm so excited.  I pick up my dress after we land and then we are off to get our license.  I will be sure to soak in every moment.  I can't wait to see my hansome man at the end of the isle.  I will post picture hopefully when we get back from Aruba!!!

Best of luck to you all!!

September 15th, 2007 I'm his forever...

Posted: Sep 12, 2007 1:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

BEST of LUCK FutureMrsNoppy !!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see the pics ----

Congrats on your wedding -

enjoy Aruba!!!!!

Nikki and John

9/29/2007

RSS

Thank You