silk flowers

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 6
silk flowers
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 12:28 AM

anyone use silk flowers for their bouquets? if so where did you get theM and how did they turn out when you put them together?

impenelope Posts : 268 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: silk flowers
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Here are the pics i have of the ones i did

I got all the flowers at Hobby Lobby during one of their 50% off sales, and for 5 bouquets, 8 boutineers, 4 corsages, and ribbon, I think we spent about 100 on everything. We did end up getting the most expensive roses though.

I currently have my bouquet in a vase being displayed in my house. So they do look very real and if you like the full open rose look, they work great.

Putting them together was not to bad, but i mainly just did the roses with nothing else.

Good Luck!!

Posted: Sep 5, 2007 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

those look great! it's good to know there are some good looking silk flowers i can find rather than spending 1000 dollars on real ones. thanks!

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am using silk flowers, also. I got mine at Michael's, and I think they are very realistic-looking. I don't have any pictures of them at this time, but I'll try to post some after the wedding! :)

Posted: Sep 7, 2007 12:40 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Silk flowers for less $$ can be found at Michaels, joAnns, & Hobby Lobby. Also check your local dollar stores - you may be surprised!

IndyCindy

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

go to wedideas.com!  they are absolutely amazing!!!!  i think i found them from someone else on this forum, and my flowers were beautiful and looked so real!  i ordered my bouquet, toss bouquet, bouts and corsages from them.  they email you a pic of the bouquets before they send them out to get your final okay.  plus if you don't like them you can send them back and get them rearranged for free (just the cost of shipping). 

the email pic i got from them at first, the colors were all wrong!  so they worked with me and got the PERFECT colors! 

also, before that when i first decided to go with silk flowers, i went to michael's and they had some really pretty, simple premade bridesmaid bouquets that were 50% off.  so i got my bridesmaid bouquets for $25 total! 

the flowers from wedideas.com totaled (with shipping) about $150.  not bad!!

Janelle  :)

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Janelle- thanks for posting the website I was thinking about DIY silk flowers but the site is awesome could be a lifesaver in my case..I am going to Michael's to see what they have too silk flowers are a great way to save money!

"I look forward to pledging my love once again to my friend, my sweetheart, my soul mate on 10~17~2008"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine