Horrible Wedding Absurdity

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

jedigurl Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/07
Horrible Wedding Absurdity
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 4:37 PM

What fun is planning a wedding if you can't laugh along the way?  I'm housecleaning on my computer and I came across a cache of awful wedding crap I've collected over the past year.

I would not have arrived sanely at the altar if not for fantastic sites that made me laugh such as http://manolobrides.com/ and http://www.goingbridal.com/.  I have tried hard not to include any duplicates from these sites, as they deserve full credit for their own finds.  My very favorite - godawfulweddingcrap.com appears to no longer exist and that saddens me.  May it RIP.

Anyway, I pass these on to you in hopes that a smile may help you through the mind-bending process that is planning a wedding.  Please feel free to add more pics for all to enjoy!  And please, if any of these ideas are yours, I humbly apologize in advance.  But really....someone should have stopped you...

Awful Invitations (yes, these are real)

worst. headpiece. ever.

I am all about DIY, but this favor is just lame. 

Why...why do people insist on abusing photoshop in this way?

"Dresses"  Nothing more needs to be said.

Why do photographers make women do this stuff?  Is this a joke?  Is "swooning" supposed to make me want to buy this dress?  Is she blind and feeling around for her finance?  I just don't understand.

Awful Cakes.  I suppose these could be considered "clever" but I mostly just feel bad for the bride.

Unqualifiable tackiness:

Re: Horrible Wedding Absurdity
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: jedigurl

OMG, all I have to say is - ewwwww!!! Especially to the last one!

Thanks, jedigurl!  My wedding is this weekend, and this brought some levity to my stressful week. :)

"Love is friendship set on fire." ~ Jeremy Taylor, 1613-1667

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Okay I have to admit this.  The cake of the x-box and other systems, was the grooms cake when my two best friends got married.  Almost exactly but grey/white frosting, not black.  Understanding their personalities, it was really cute, however, the rest.......................I have no comment, because people have actually used them.

On wedding models being posed weird, I have always wondered this.  I just don't get it.  The most confusing pic of all time, and I will have to look for it, is the one wear a naked man is sitting on steps staring at his bride (huh?) not quite sure about the ones that have the half-naked man/angels too.

Me, my honey and our kitty make 3.

jedigurl Posts : 336 Registered: 5/25/07
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 5:49 PM Go to message in response to: 5in3

LMAO!  I have seen the half naked man angels!  I don't understand...

Yeah, a groom's cake makes sense on those.  Groom's cakes are supposed to be cute and clever!  I think what's weird about those two cakes is that they have bride and groom cake toppers...which to me signifies that its probably the actual brides cake.  That's disconcerting to say the least.  Oh well...at least the super mario cake was really well executed!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: jedigurl

Jedi all that stuff is hysterically funny. Thank you for making me laugh, really hard!!!! I love looking at tacky wedding crap LOL There is something really therapeautic about it, I dont know why. Maybe it makes me think "Thank GOD I have taste." lol.

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: jedigurl

Hilarious--on the "Worst Headpiece"--who's looking at the headpiece when there's so much else to see?!

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: jedigurl

After a very long work day, this was exactly what I needed! Some of that was just, wow...

OnigiriArmy Posts : 168 Registered: 6/7/07
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: myra

myra: That's exactly what I was thinking!
Our webpage: http://www.mywedding.com/brentandkristen

66nova Posts : 346 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:36 AM Go to message in response to: OnigiriArmy

These pics were funny!  However, I do have to admit that I love the Super Mario cake.  I think it's sooo cute.  I have some more for you.

Here's the back!

Can you say tapeworm?

Our Wedding Page:  www.theknot.com/ourwedding/JanetSaenz&BenjaminMcDaniel

My MySpace Page:  www.myspace.com/chevy2rage  

Posted: Aug 29, 2007 6:50 AM Go to message in response to: jedigurl

MARIO, FTW! That cake is fricken smexy, I don't care what anyone says.

Those dresses were uh... somethin' else. The sad thing about the Xbox 360/console cake is that it probably cost more than a PS3.  

It's just one day... don't let it consume you.

Scheherazade Posts : 107 Registered: 3/12/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 7:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

How horrible! May I just say....the one with the awful head piece is REALLY bad, but the cake is just UGH! It looks like a huge pile of white dog$h!t.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everythingz Coolz!

katiemae1985 Posts : 449 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 8:27 AM Go to message in response to: Scheherazade

Worst headpiece also has some funky looking boobs!

Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition. - Alexander Smith

On May 3, 2008 I will become Mrs. D!

NYBridesmaid Posts : 11 Registered: 6/7/07
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 9:49 AM Go to message in response to: jedigurl

I looove the mario cake. I have a bunch of other pictures from different angles. It's amazing. I'm saving for whenever I get married. . If you look on flickr.com  you can find the guest who took those photos.

That pink Barbie tiara is REALLY scary.

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: jedigurl

OMG, thanks for posting this. It made me laugh, really hard!  Ppl in my office are starting to think I've lost my mind!  LMAO!!!

I love all this tacky wedding stuff!  It's great!  And the worst head piece ever has to compete with that HIDEOUS cake!!  It looks as if the frosting is melting right off!

Seriously funny stuff!

SOinLOVE2008 Posts : 216 Registered: 11/8/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

The chick with the horrible headpiece is Katie Price, who goes by Jordan in England.  She's a pretty big star, as is her husband Peter something...They had a reality show on VH1 i think or E.  If you think her headpiece is bad you should have seen the rest of their wedding...but it was sweet though a bit tacky. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine