Wedding bands (your husbands, that is)

Online Users: 1,357 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Wedding bands (your husbands, that is)
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:39 AM

None of the guys in my husbands family wears their wedding band, and I am okay with his.  My husband doesn't wear his, only on special occasions, it doesn't bother me (fyi).

Do all of your husbands wear their wedding bands? I know many guys don't when they are doing manual labor & they don't want to loose them or if they get in the way.

Just curious......

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Re: Wedding bands (your husbands, that is)
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 11:37 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

My DH argued for months that he didn't want to wear his ring. He said his dad does not wear his so he should not have to wear it. But his dad recently started wearing his ring again. We are not sure why but it killed his argument.

I told my Dh he had to wear his ring and he has so far.

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

My husband wears his ring all the time.. It's never even come up in discussion whether he could not wear it....  In my opinion wedding rings are meant to be worn.   My husband would be upset if I didn't wear mine, and not just because of the symbol that it is, but because of the meaning behind it.  I feel the same way about his ring, it's the meaning behind the ring.

Posted: Aug 28, 2007 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I know alot of men who don't wear a ring (my dad and FIL included).  they are mostly older men.  Most of the men in their 20s and 30s I know do wear one.  My husband hates wearing anything jewelry like on his body (won't even wear a watch), but it was unspoken that when we married he would always wear a wedding band.  He loves wearing it now, he says it's a part of him and how would he feel if I didn't wear my wedding ring??  I think if it doesn't bother you that is great!!  You are much more understanding than me! LOL

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 9:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

So when he does wear his wedding band, I just smile to myself even more.

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

66nova Posts : 346 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:17 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

My DH wears his all the time, and I wear mine when I go out... I don't wear it around the house.  My dad is an auto mechanic and doesn't wear his, unless he's not doing anything car related, which is not often, and we're all fine with that.

When I was previously engaged, I was working at an auto shop and did not wear my ring too, and my ex was always livid about it.  Aside from the fact that I didn't want to get married, it was a hazard.  I didn't want the ring to melt onto my finger if I touched a car battery the wrong way.

Our Wedding Page:  www.theknot.com/ourwedding/JanetSaenz&BenjaminMcDaniel

My MySpace Page:  www.myspace.com/chevy2rage  

Posted: Aug 29, 2007 10:21 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

My husband had mentioned not wearing his and that he hates how rings feel on his fingers. I said it only takes about a week to get used to, and then you feel naked without it, and mentioned how would he feel if I never wore mine?
Plus, we had his designed after mine, so I said why would we have gone to the trouble if he didn't even want to wear it.
He wore it from our wedding day on, and loves it.
But I can see if for a job-related reason it would be dangerous to not wear.

Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Aug 29, 2007 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wear my ring most of the time...except when i'm cleaning, sleeping, or doing the dishes.  I except my FH to wear his all the time as well, with a few exceptions.  Of course if it were hazardous to wear rings at his job, then I would be understanding of that, otherwise he better keep it right on his finger!

Posted: Aug 29, 2007 10:50 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I'm not married quite yet, but FH and I have already had this dicussion.  He's excited to wear his ring.  When we go have them inspected and cleaned he likes to be able to put it on.  He will wear it all of the time, except when golfing because of the golf glove.

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

My husband wears his ring all the time.  He hardly ever takes it off.  My dad almost never wears his ring, but his company he owns has a lot of larger machinery that he does not want to risk losing a finger...or more!  My BIL's all wear their rings (office jobs).  My FIL wears his ring MOST of the time (Plumber).  Really, I think it's a personal choice and if it interfeared with my husband's job and made it more dangerous, I would insist he did not wear his ring.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

If my husband's job made it dangerous for him to wear his ring then I would have no problem with him not wearing it but he has an office job so he has no excuse.  :) 

He is not a jewelry person, either, and I still don't think he is 100% used to it nearly a year after our wedding but the symbolism is such that he wouldn't dream of not wearing it.

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: Aug 30, 2007 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

When I was engaged to my 1st husband, I knew a lady whose husband was a firefighter.  Firefighters can't wear any jewelry on the job because of the danger of heat causing the metal to burn them.  That makes perfect sense.  Similarly, when my DH was younger he was a construction worker and he actually ruined his 1st wedding ring by getting it caught in some equipment on the job.  As a foreman, he always told women construction workers not to wear jewelry because of the risk it would get ruined.  

When he and I got engaged, he wasn't sure he even wanted a wedding band, but I picked one out that I thought would look good on his hand, he tried it on and said how comfortable it was -- and it does look great -- and he loves it.  He never takes it off except to go swimming in the ocean.  ("The ocean is the world's most expert jewel thief.")  To be honest, I would feel really bad if my husband didn't wear a wedding ring, other than in hazardous job and sport situations!

Eve T

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

DH wears his ring except for when he is doing work around the house and things of that nature. I wear my wedding band ALL the time. It never comes off. I take my diamond off if we go to the beach or if i'm doing work around the house or doing something that I don't want to risk ruining it.

It took DH some time to get used to wearing it when we first got married. And at first I had to remind him to put his ring on. But now he has no problems with wearing it.

I don't understand people not wearing their wedding bands. Especially if you paid a good amount of money on them. They aren't that cheap so why would you not want to wear it?

DH and I Rolled the Dice and Took a Gamble at Marriage on July 15, 2006 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! Viva Las VegasLaughing

Posted: Sep 1, 2007 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: 49ersfanatic

My hubby wears his when we go out or he goes somewhere not work related but he's a farmer and its  hazard, I understand that.  I always wear my rings and just recently started taking them off for cleaning/showering/bedtime!

Mr and Mrs Wright

August 20, 2006!

Posted: Sep 2, 2007 12:08 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

My husband wears his. He says it feels weird, but he still wears it. He did forget to put it on after his shower the first day, but then remembered and put it back on with no cueiung from me.

He is now a Chef so he wears it, as there is no danger to him or the ring in his profession; but when he was a construction he said in conversations about us getting married, that he would not wear it to work.

Married to the love of my life!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine