First Anniversaries!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
First Anniversaries!
Posted: Aug 25, 2007 9:27 AM

Well I can't believe it, in 8 days it will have been a year since my wedding.  Time flies!  I just thought it would be fun to share what everyone did for their first anniversary, what they got/gave as a gift, or what you plan on doing for your anniversary. 

My husband has plans, but I have no idea what they are.  I also don't have a clue what my gift could be since he didn't ask me what I wanted....  Since my husband is a fan of the Sopranos series, I got him the complete boxset seasons 1-6. 

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Re: First Anniversaries!
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 12:28 AM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

We got married at the beach (about a 3 hour drive away) so we're going back for our anniversary. We're even staying in the same place.

I have no idea what to get him for an anniversary gift. He's always hard to buy for. I haven't even given him his wedding present yet! I'm making a book and it's much more difficult than I anticipated. 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

NatBride, Happy Anniversary! Mine is in 2months, and I cant believe it either. It flew by. I dont know what we are doing for it though.. always open to ideas. We were thinking maybe an overnight trip somewhere local, like Cape May down on the Jersey Shore or something... not sure though. My husbnads not exactly the romantic surprise type, so Im not expecting TOO much lol. Although it would be nice!

See my Advice Column and Blogs at www.brideorama.com :)

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 8:27 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thank you !!  It's funny to think back, and remember how crazy we were last year this time... All the running around we were doing. 

I'm pretty lucky.. When it comes to romantic husbands, I hit the jackpot.  The only thing that I threw out to him as a suggestion months ago, was that I'd like to go to the place we had our reception, and have dinner.....  Becuase it's actually more a reception facility than anything, but they do have a small little restaurant.  SO I suppose we will see.  I'm not exactly creative when it comes to these things so I'm lucky my husband is. 

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

We went on a big vacation about 8 months after our wedding & honeymoon.  So, for our anniversary we relaxed, hung out and went to dinner.  We had spent a lot on stuff for the house at that time, so we BOTH decided not to do gifts this year.  It was nice and maybe we will do something more spectacular next year.

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 8:36 AM Go to message in response to: LizS

Our anniversary was July 15, 2007. Because I had started a new job in January I don't have any real vacation until I've been there a year. Also, we had just moved into our house in December (we built) so we wanted to put money towards the house first. So we went to visit his brother in PA for the weekend. They're anniversary was the July 19th so we just celebrated together.

DH got me a San Fran jersey and tickets to the San Fran vs. Giants game in October. I am a huge San Fran fan (hence my name) and they hardly ever play on the East Coast. So they're going to be at Giant's Stadium and DH knew how much I would love to see them.

The night before the game we're going to go to Medievel Times. So we're making a whole weekend out of it and that will be our anniversary celebration weekend.

I got DH a new Swatch watch.

DH and I Rolled the Dice and Took a Gamble at Marriage on July 15, 2006 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas! Viva Las VegasLaughing

Posted: Sep 1, 2007 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

We went to Niagra Falls for the weekend.  My gift to him was dinner in the Revolving Dining Room @ Skylon Tower.  I didn't get anything from him, except he paid for things on the trip:)

Mr and Mrs Wright

August 20, 2006!

soulfulsista Posts : 75 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 4:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats to you NatSeptBride! Our anniversary is on September 23rd and I have no idea what to get my hubby. I'm really excited. I guess my DH wanted to impress me with his knowledge about anniversaries as he informed me that gifts for the first anniversary could be a traditional gift (paper) or a modern gift (clocks), and so on, which at the end he stated, "see I know a little something about anniversary gifts." It was funny to me.

MrsC Posts : 385 Registered: 4/7/06
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 10:05 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

My husband was bound and determined to go eat at a high end steak place for our one year.  So, we ate there!  I got him a beer tub full of exotic beers and a new cell phone since he broke his.  He loved it!  Laughing  He surprised me with a pair of Red Chuck Taylor's (I've wanted them for years!), and some electronic stuff I needed/wanted.  It was a nice first year.

Happily married since 8.18.06!

Posted: Sep 19, 2007 6:31 PM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

We still have three months till our anniversary, but we have talked about what we want to do. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to New York City for a weekend (we're close enough we could drive) and see the greatest show EVER!!!! The Little Mermaid is going to be on Broadway at about the same time as our anniversary. I have loved that movie forever, and would love to go see it, and DH and I would really enjoy a romantic weekend in the city.  We're not sure we can afford such a big trip right now, as we're trying to save for a house, but I just got some good news about my job and DH is currently searching for a better one.

Congratulations, to all those who have made it through that first wonderful year!

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 11:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow, it's been so long since I've been on this site but I felt bridal fever, as we're approaching our year anniversay on october 13th. how exciting! i'm in a wedding the end of next month which is probably why i feel this way.

we are not doing a big anniversary celebration this year as we're saving for a huge trip for next year sometime. we want to see greece!

but, i know my husband is getting me a right hand right because i've been asking for one since i got THE RING. well see.

congrats girls. how exciting!

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, our anniversary isn't for 11 1/2 months, but we are going to Hawaii.  My fil and his wife gave us a week in their timeshare as a wedding gift and to go to Hawaii, we have to book over a year in advance, so we decided to do it for our first anniversary.  So, a belated honeymoon.  Yay!

Blissfully married since September 22nd.

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 4:56 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

I hope you have a good time in Hawaii LittleRoo, and take lots of pictures lol! My first isn't for another 7 months, but my husband really wants to go on another cruise. In fact his words were "We should do a cruise every year and on our ten year, we should take a two week cruise!" Which is fine by me, as all as he eventually agrees to go to a sandals resort with me lol! 

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 4:21 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

Well, I'm already planning our 6mo anniversay on the 21st & 1 yr anniversay.  My husband & my BF are going to see the guy who sang during our cocktail hour (I know him too, but not as much as my BF.  He did our cocktail hour for free!) We're going to have dinner at the restraunt that he will be preforming at!  I feel that I need to show him the support, he's really a nice guy.

Anyway for our 1st year anniversay, we're going to Azironia (hopefully, my sister is going to let us use some of her timeshare time).  We were going to go there originally, but my husband's company was bought out & they screwed up everyones vac time.  So we did 4 days in NYC as our honeymoon.

Good luck, happy planning & happy wedding day

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Hello all!  I am trying to figure out a gift for the husband.  I am not sure where to start.  He is planning a weekend trip, but won't tell me any details.  I want to give him something special, but can't think of anything.  I suck at getting presents...Can anyone give me some ideas??  He is so thoughtful when he gives and I just want to return the favor and give something to him he will love.

I appreciate any ideas you have! Thank you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine